channel 2- Buffalo comments re alleged Incognito...

KingRex

3 minutes ago, KingRex said:

My apologies.  Though I do remember correctly that Incog rained taped racial disparities on a young teammate. I did forget it was the Rams Incog played for when he was on videotape making dirty plays (leg whips on defenseless opponents).

If Incog is gonna make millions from being a public figure in an entertainment medium, he reasonably takes on the burden of not being an idiot. 

If he has already demonstrated he is an idiot and a bad teammate it does not strike me that he should leave a void in defending himself IF he is innocent.

Richie made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

But why are you trying to make this political? You do know that this is not the place for political discussion, don't you?

4 minutes ago, KingRex said:

My apologies.  Though I do remember correctly that Incog rained taped racial disparities on a young teammate. I did forget it was the Rams Incog played for when he was on videotape making dirty plays (leg whips on defenseless opponents).

If Incog is gonna make millions from being a public figure in an entertainment medium, he reasonably takes on the burden of not being an idiot. 

If he has already demonstrated he is an idiot and a bad teammate it does not strike me that he should leave a void in defending himself IF he is innocent.

That teammate was soft, and reportedly the whole locker room felt he needed to be toughened up to survive in the game. He didn't and left the sport entirely . Incognito was punished and paid a big price. Who cares what kind of trash talk is thrown around on a football field. If it wasn't flagged , it didn't happen. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That's an idiotic take on what was said. If certain countries are " sh** holes" is that due to the race of the people running them? Or just their political incompetence and mistakes? It's wonderful how you infer it is due to their race. And that you infer " good norms" will come from Norway. What was asked was " why do we need more ...." why not more from Norway? I've yet to hear a good answer. Why do we? Haiti is a cesspool, yet Barbados is wonderful. They are both West Indian countries where most are of African descent. Nice job of projecting your own inherent bias onto others comments. Football is a tough game played by ( mostly) tough people. Incognito was trying to toughen up a very soft teammate that ended up retiring from the game after just a couple seasons. His approach may have been questionable , but he paid a big price and it's done with. This stuff is about the most pu$$ified thing I've ever heard come out of a football game and is a non issue. 

How is the accusers name pronounced ?  His name alone comes close to sounding like a racial slur.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Gave the guy credit for progress in his life

Says we don’t know what happened

calls out the fact that some have been really quick to say “who cares”

and reasonably says this probably warrants getting fired from a job if it’s proven to have happened 

and that qualifies as everything that’s wrong with society.... 

But seriously, who cares?

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why should that be what happens on the field though? At what age do we start telling players to throw out the most offensive comments they can think of in order to upset opponents? It’s a lame element of football culture.

im not even arguing about incognito in this response —but a guy shouldn’t have to take being called a racial slur at work and a kid sure as hell shouldn’t playing at school. 

Whether or not incognito said anything, it’d be nice to come here and see “I don’t know if he did but I hope he didn’t because it’s wrong if he did”

People do wrong things, big and small every day.  Who has the time to sit in morality court all day and be the final judge what is right and what is wrong?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That teammate was soft, and reportedly the whole locker room felt he needed to be toughened up to survive in the game. He didn't and left the sport entirely . Incognito was punished and paid a big price. Who cares what kind of trash talk is thrown around on a football field. If it wasn't flagged , it didn't happen. 

I suggest you read Incognito's bio if you think this was the only problem he has had.  Dude was a huge POS long before he met Martin.

and I really hope this isn't true.  He seemed like a POS who grew up.  But it's hard to shake your rep. No one believes this if it's Eric Wood.  

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why should that be what happens on the field though? At what age do we start telling players to throw out the most offensive comments they can think of in order to upset opponents? It’s a lame element of football culture.

im not even arguing about incognito in this response —but a guy shouldn’t have to take being called a racial slur at work and a kid sure as hell shouldn’t playing at school. 

Whether or not incognito said anything, it’d be nice to come here and see “I don’t know if he did but I hope he didn’t because it’s wrong if he did”

It's been around as long as pro football probably , whether you think it's lame or not is irrelevant. School is one thing, but this is pro ball. It's not for the faint of heart , and not like any other workplace in the USA, I'm sure. It doesn't need to be infiltrated and destroyed by libtards that are ruining the rest of the country. Leave it alone for the rest of us. 

A lot of the problem is what is and isn't considered racist is so blurred. For instance..The N word used between two African American people is many times considered a term of endearment between them. Sometimes that can be true if a white person calls an African American the N word but the relationship is so strong it's accepted but only for the white person to say it to that particular African American. When other white people use the N word, it's most often thought of as a racist slur. So it's sometimes wrong and sometimes not wrong. It's easy for me. I just don't use the word, never will use the word and if I don't like someone of another race, it's because they're an Ahole. I hope the same is true of them and their opinion of me. So if as a society, we really want to get better with racism, then we need to ALL say that using these terms or these slurs or whatever is unacceptable regardless of who is saying them and what race they are.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I suggest you read Incognito's bio if you think this was the only problem he has had.  Dude was a huge POS long before he met Martin.

and I really hope this isn't true.  He seemed like a POS who grew up.  But it's hard to shake your rep. No one believes this if it's Eric Wood.  

I've never read it, but I am familiar with the guys rep and truly don't care. That POS JAX player clothes lined the Bills QB around the neck and slammed him to the ground. He's a POS and I don't care what he was called by RI ( allegedly ) or anyone else. The only way I'd care is if the ref thought RI deserved a penalty ( that stuff can be flagged now ) and it wasn't called. Wood said the N word wasn't used, if it helps you or any other fans sleep better at night. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Show me proof, or even have another JAX player corraborate the story and I will give half a **** about this.  Until then...innocent until proven guilty.

With all this boom mics, players wired for sound and the way the NFL covers games in general, if something was indeed said there is no way it wasn't picked up on audio. Frankly if they don't have audio of it, it likely never happened.

His linemates said they heard no racial slurs.  What's his name's teammates in Jacksonville said they heard nothing.  I think one of two things needs to happen before this can be resolved one way or another.  Someone needs to corroborate the charge, or Incognito needs to admit that he did it.  If he says he didn't say anything, a lot of people would disbelieve him anyway.  Unless he admitted it to his bosses on the Bills, I don't know that they could say anything.  I think they are right not to comment unless they know the facts.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, KingRex said:

Society will be changed when our society's leaders do not devolve to making silly raced based comments like countries run by people of color are s....holes and we need more Norwegians life will have good norms.

Particularly, when there is a clear record of racial animus in the past, idiots like Incognito who have gained great benefits from being stars actually bear a reasonable burden of simply saying racism didn't happen if it didn't.  He has said nothing in public about a public complaint.  Unless those who profit from being public figures stand up and lead us to treat others reasonably, do not be surprised if our kids learn the lessons that acting like Incog did in  Miami is fine.

Dude. Go away.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's my two cents on this, and if you feel it's only worth a penny, I will gladly refund your cent...

If Incognito did in fact call the Jags player a racist slur, on a football field, with 21 other men either in the immediate vicinity, or at least a few yards away, why has no other Jags player come forth and said that they too in fact heard it?  I find it very difficult to believe that Richie grabbed the guy and pulled him close, and softly, yet lovingly whispered in his ear, "f**k you, you African Booty Scratcher".  

All jokes aside, I just feel like throwing out a a racist slur on the football field, in a sport where there are usually more black men on the field than white, would have hit at least ONE other Jags players eardrum.  So from that perspective, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.   But the fact that he refuses to come forward and say SOMETHING, like "No I didn't ", is equally troubling....

26 minutes ago, KingRex said:

As one poster mentioned it's kind of odd that blacks can use the N word and it's fine, but if a white uses the term it means he's a racist bastard.  Even if the white uses the term in an endearing fashion (as blacks often do with each other), it is considered ok if they two know each other, but may or may not be considered ok if they don't, all depending on how the person hearing it chooses to interpret the meaning behind it.  

Since the word itself has many meanings and must be understood in context, it seems ridiculous to suggest a player should be cut from their team for uttering it (if he did, which frankly no one knows).   This is a non-issue.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, a simple - “yea, that didn’t happen” tweet would carry some weight compared to nothing at all

There’s a good chance he said something dumb, and that it’s embarrassing but not the end of the world. No need to circle the wagons around him, or to stone him in the town square at this point. I’m sure he will get asked directly at some point and we will see the reaction. 

There is no benefit to him denying it. People who believe he did it won't accept it. All it will do is continue the trashing of his rep by keeping it a story in the media.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

As one poster mentioned it's kind of odd that blacks can use the N word and it's fine, but if a white uses the term it means he's a racist bastard.  Even if the white uses the term in an endearing fashion (as blacks often do with each other), it is considered ok if they two know each other, but may or may not be considered ok if they don't, all depending on how the person hearing it chooses to interpret the meaning behind it.  

Since the word itself has many meanings and must be understood in context, it seems ridiculous to suggest a player should be cut from their team for uttering it (if he did, which frankly no one knows).   This is a non-issue.

All of this **** needs to stop. A post like this included

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That's an idiotic take on what was said. If certain countries are " sh** holes" is that due to the race of the people running them? Or just their political incompetence and mistakes? It's wonderful how you infer it is due to their race. And that you infer " good norms" will come from Norway. What was asked was " why do we need more ...." why not more from Norway? I've yet to hear a good answer. Why do we? Haiti is a cesspool, yet Barbados is wonderful. They are both West Indian countries where most are of African descent. Nice job of projecting your own inherent bias onto others comments. Football is a tough game played by ( mostly) tough people. Incognito was trying to toughen up a very soft teammate that ended up retiring from the game after just a couple seasons. His approach may have been questionable , but he paid a big price and it's done with. This stuff is about the most pu$$ified thing I've ever heard come out of a football game and is a non issue. 

The problem here is that Trump's past actions have included travesties such as making comments about a judge GOP leader Ryan described as classic racism, that Trump not only actively cited controversy over where Obama was born long after others acknowledged the reality he was as American as anyone, but he simply lied that he had hired investigators in Hawaii who would soon reveal shocking info, he also bought an ad calling for the death penalty of young men of A-A descent for a rape which DNA had proven they were not guilty of doing.

What do you think is the difference between the countries that the Pres dubs s...holes and Norway might be?

This actually does relate to what Inco did in that for rational people do alter their sense of who gets the benefit of the doubt and also where there is responsibility for advocating the truth after some one in the public sphere  is publicized making racial, sexist, or off-color remarks.  Once Incog was publicly on record making racist comments about a teammate, then he assumes the burden of proof to at least defending himself against public claims of additional racist comments.

His (and his team's) silence is deafening.

Incog is the on who made this bed and he has to sleep in it rather than declare its over.

1 hour ago, JinxedBill1 said:

So someone's racisit because they couldn't care less about men calling each other names in adrenaline fueled sport?  I just wonder when our society will finally not be threatened by words that hurt our feelings.

I do not care what he said mano el mano. If it got into his head? Then it worked.

Richie has more than plenty of sensitivity training . fact

He likely tossed some Shakespearean insult at a couple players and confused the delicate flower.

let's move on.

next

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KingRex said:

The problem here is that Trump's past actions have included travesties such as making comments about a judge GOP leader Ryan described as classic racism, that Trump not only actively cited controversy over where Obama was born long after others acknowledged the reality he was as American as anyone, but he simply lied that he had hired investigators in Hawaii who would soon reveal shocking info, he also bought an ad calling for the death penalty of young men of A-A descent for a rape which DNA had proven they were not guilty of doing.

What do you think is the difference between the countries that the Pres dubs s...holes and Norway might be?

This actually does relate to what Inco did in that for rational people do alter their sense of who gets the benefit of the doubt and also where there is responsibility for advocating the truth after some one in the public sphere  is publicized making racial, sexist, or off-color remarks.  Once Incog was publicly on record making racist comments about a teammate, then he assumes the burden of proof to at least defending himself against public claims of additional racist comments.

His (and his team's) silence is deafening.

Incog is the on who made this bed and he has to sleep in it rather than declare its over.

Matter of opinion.  I think this is quite quiet.

Incognito was raked over the coals for the Miami incident and apparently writers like Sullivan still contend he's a bad guy. So it has to be true he said something during the Jacksonville game. 

I wish types like Sullivan and Graham would leave their politics at the door and write about sports. Unfortunately, a lot of sports writers believe their political opinions are part of the story. Sullivan's been alleging collusion of NFL teams because Colin Kaepernick didn't play this season. No, Jerry. Kaepernick didn't play this season because he sucks. 

This crusader sports writer mentality is tearing the game down. But, maybe that's what they want. 

Here's an article regarding it https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-call-alleged-racial-slur-by-richie-incognito-a-misunderstanding/

I find what Ngakoue said interesting:  On Monday, Ngakoue was asked if Incognito used the N-word. "I don't remember, but, he said what he said," the Jaguars defensive end said. "He knows what he said. I don't gotta repeat it."

I'm gonna have to side with Richie on this one.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nope, don't care. I suppose that makes me racist because I don't care what insults grown men hurled at one another on a football field. Whether it was disparaging to ones race or their mother's reputation I don't care at all. Nut up and play the next down. It's a sad commentary on where this society is and where it's headed that this is even a topic. Ever hear an insult regarding your particular racial background or country of origin? So what? Lots of stuff gets said on a football field with the sole purpose of getting an opponent " off their game" . It's ridiculous that there is any concern over this at all. Teammates have said publicly that the dreaded " N bomb" wasn't used. Regardless, their should be no action taken by any involved parties over this. 

I really do not care what they say when facemask to facemask. I don't care if Richie was called white redneck trailer trash either.

But better not say something about my Mom  :o

i might care more when in a social environment. the players have to play the mental game. thats part of the competition.

1 hour ago, KingRex said:

racial comments in Jags game.

They had a bunch of professional football idiots like Jerry Sullivan commenting. Basically they said that the failure of Incognito and the team to simply say that the truth was Incognito and the team did not make any racial disparities was in itself deafening.

Actually, while I think Sully is an idiot, like a broken clock he is actually right twice a day.

They remarked that given that there is a void of official Bills commentary on the issue that Incognito given his history of dirty play early in his career in GB and the race based debacle in Miami, that Incognito does not get the benefit of the doubt.  He, Caruuci, and the other sport pundits are simply correct that while Incog deserves the right to say what he wants, the void left by not saying anything leaves, the fans, his teammates, and the media to reasonably assume Incognito guilty.

Too bad because he produces as a player, but if he continues to allow any good play by him to be overwhelmed by using racial slurs, the Bills should let Incognito go.

I hate it when solid football performers are idiots as human beings.

While

You should read Jerry Sullivan's work more often, and take notes.

You might learn how to construct a well written sentence.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

So unless he holds a press conference to say he's not racist, the non-specific allegations (that the Jagoff couldn't even fully remember what was said) are true?

The media can !@#$ off with this nonsense.

Haven't you noticed?

Our society has a huge hangup with all topics race-related.

Whenever it comes up, even tangentially, we seem to freeze up and go numb as a collective whole.

8 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

Here's an article regarding it https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-call-alleged-racial-slur-by-richie-incognito-a-misunderstanding/

I find what Ngakoue said interesting:  On Monday, Ngakoue was asked if Incognito used the N-word. "I don't remember, but, he said what he said," the Jaguars defensive end said. "He knows what he said. I don't gotta repeat it."

I'm gonna have to side with Richie on this one.

end discussion of Richie being cut over this?

/end thread ?

The best way to eradicate racism is to stop acting like such enormous pussies about it.

Did he ever say what the alleged "slur" even was?

And the idea that a guy should be cut if it's true is kind of pathetic too. Was the defensive player going to cry from the deep pain to his inner-child from being reminded of the hundreds of years of oppression he never experienced?

I'm sure he's well enough in the resources that he can by himself a very luxurious crying towel.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

This kind of thinking is totally lost on race baiting driven political individuals.

They fail to see how they themselves put race into it. Trump never put race into it. He commented on the sad state of economically and politically failed nation states being a cesspool.

Then the snowflakes say things like "we have many great immigrants from all countries and we should celebrate all of those people". Trump never said we should do anything different. He was asking to level the playing field. Why favor people from the failed countries over any people that want to come here? All applicants should have the same chance to immigrate here if they wish. Right?

We have room to allow all people of all backgrounds and economic levels and of course could give some weight to those in situations of impending doom to flee and make a better life in US.

Our self populating aged adults are not having kids at a self sustaining rate that a successful capitalism system requires. So we absolutely need legal immigration. But it should not all come from cesspool countries or well off countries. Should be a fair mix.

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The best way to eradicate racism is to stop acting like such enormous pussies about it.

And the idea that a guy should be cut if it's true is kind of pathetic too. Was the defensive player going to cry from the deep pain to his inner-child from being reminded of the hundreds of years of oppression he never experienced?

I'm sure he's well enough in the resources that he can by himself a very luxurious crying towel.

It all sounds made up. Jax has a history of trash talking. Would not be surprised they started the talk.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I haven’t read the whole thread so I apologize if this was mentioned but someone tweeted that they may have been silent on it based on NFL films. They didn’t want to dispute it to have actual audio of whatever he said .

Likely so.

But this really should just go away.

Best for all concerned.

i am not speaking of racism btw. Just this alleged incident.
Lets keep in mind, playing the O line is essentially a battle of blood.
it's full on when done correctly.

I love to watch line play and the hand work. Nasty place to earn a living.

MMA might be safer

Richie has a history and it makes him an easy target. So even if he didn't say anything racist he could of pissed the other guy off enough for him to use that history against him and claim he said something knowing the media would cover it. That is also a possibility.

The real racism here is how quickly everyone jumps on sides. I realize that Richie could of said something or the other guy made it up to get a shot at Richie. Anything is possible especially when it's he said she said .

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If I'm a Pittsburgh OLineman, white or black, I am spending all game chirping this guy.  Talk about getting in somebody's head, sheesh.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

But seriously, who cares?

People do wrong things, big and small every day.  Who has the time to sit in morality court all day and be the final judge what is right and what is wrong?

If it was calling a guy an obvious racial slur- doesn’t take much time to say “that sucks to do if he did it”

in fact, you’ve spent more time on this than that post would’ve taken. Several of you have. You can’t be totally shocked when some wonder about why people are so eager to invest in the “so what” argument instead of alternate I offered above 

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If it was calling a guy an obvious racial slur- doesn’t take much time to say “that sucks to do if he did it”

in fact, you’ve spent more time on this than that post would’ve taken. Several of you have. You can’t be totally shocked when some wonder about why people are so eager to invest in the “so what” argument instead of alternate I offered above 

I'm sorry, you took my comments literally.

Every day there's a headline that might be true or false.  You see people parent their kids "wrong," every day.  I don't think SO HIGHLY of my self that I feel the need to comment on how "wrong" other people are, based on the things I think and believe, especially without having all the information.

As to investing in the "so what" argument, I just hate all this BS.  One guy said something, another guy said another.  A highly paid football player cries on his Twitter that he got his feelings hurt.  Jerry Sullivan and co, who are hack sports journalists by day and apparently the Batman of social change by night, feel the need to say idiotic crap like "the silence is deafening" in the middle of an investigation of wrongdoing.  What an absolute !@#$ing joke.  

Every kid in the world knows "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me," but when that word might be racist (but was quickly disputed), apparently, the whole world needs to stop spinning.  NBA players used to tell their opponents they banged their wives, and all kinds of ****.  No one used to care.   You're competing, you're not friends.

If you don't think that illustrates the absurdity of the world we live in, I get it.  But that's why I'm so eager to invest in this stupid topic.

Edited by jmc12290

15 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I'm sorry, you took my comments literally.

Every day there's a headline that might be true or false.  You see people parent their kids "wrong," every day.  I don't think SO HIGHLY of my self that I feel the need to comment on how "wrong" other people are, based on the things I think and believe, especially without having all the information.

As to investing in the "so what" argument, I just hate all this BS.  One guy said something, another guy said another.  A highly paid football player cries on his Twitter that he got his feelings hurt.  Jerry Sullivan and co, who are hack sports journalists by day and apparently the Batman of social change by night, feel the need to say idiotic crap like "the silence is deafening" in the middle of an investigation of wrongdoing.  What an absolute !@#$ing joke.  

Every kid in the world knows "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me," but when that word might be racist (but was quickly disputed), apparently, the whole world needs to stop spinning.  NBA players used to tell their opponents they banged their wives, and all kinds of ****.  No one used to care.   You're competing, you're not friends.

If you don't think that illustrates the absurdity of the world we live in, I get it.  But that's why I'm so eager to invest in this stupid topic.

I get it and on some days am exhausted by the discussion too. Some times people get incredibly aggressive in their quest to condemn and ruin people

It’s just this is one of those spots where it’s also disheartening to see so many people seemingly defend the idea of calling a guy a racial slur cause maybe it helps us win or is just the way it is. If he did it - it’s a crappy thing to do. It’s not the end of the world but its not ok either.