Way too early prediction...

GreggTX

McDermott will want to use his draft picks to fix the deficiencies at OL and on defense so no moving up for a QB. They'll probably use our first round one pick on the best QB available and start Nate. Where they go from there depends on Peterman's performance and the rook's development. And I'm OK with that.

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

OK! Time to get out the old crystal ball and tell us who opens the 2018 season as the Bills starting QB. Just choose 1. Oh and it has to be a real QB, so Beast and Magneto don't count. I'll start.

Sam Donaldson

It could be Kirt Nephew, Sam Brandon, Nate Peterson or Tyrone Taylord. I'm just not sure.

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Who it will be:

1.Alex Smith

2. Draft Pick 

3. Sam Bradford 

4. Kirk Cousins

5.Tyrod Taylor

Who I’d (realistically) like:

1. Cousins

2. Smith

3. Bradford

4. Bridgewater

5. Peterman 

NO MORE RETREAD QB'S WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT ON OTHER TEAMS! 

This is truly a tough one.  I don't ever remember a year of so many potentially meaningful QB changes that could occur.  Not only are there lots of potentially impactful FA QB's available but also more than a few rookie QB's that could fit that bill.   

This is truly shaping up to be a wild off season with probably close to a third of the league having new starting QB's at the helm.

If I had to guess I would think

EIther

Cousins

Bortles

Alex Smith

or

Baker

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Btw, my favorite part of this thread is the disclaimer that “he has to be a real QB” followed by the prediction of an 83 year-old former new anchor. 

Yeah, that bit of irony was just too good!

I'll go with Alex Jones.  No, Wait, that's my nephew.  Alex Smith.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s my nightmare scenario. I don’t think that either guy will be a player.

I’m hoping for Baker or Darnold/Rosen and would be good with Cousins.

I picked Rudolph because he could be had without moving up IMO. I would rather see Peterman play a few before Rudolph takes over then see Tyrod talk here all of next season with the Tyrod faithfull pushing again for his return in 2019 and getting to start most of 2018.

I do not see Cousins here, would love that but I just do not see it. To have Cousins/Peterman/Rudolph is very nice for sure IMO.

As for Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield I would love that but how much will the Bills spend to move up to get one. If we land Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield I see no reason to have spend so much for a Cousins

Edited by xRUSHx

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I picked Rudolph because he could be had without moving up IMO. I would rather see Peterman play a few before Rudolph takes over then see Tyrod talk here all of next season with the faithfully pushing again for 2019.

I do not see Cousins here, would love that but I just do not see it. To have Cousins/Peterman/Rudolph is very nice for sure IMO.

As for Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield I would love that but how much will the Bills spend to move up to get one. If we land Rosen/Darnold I see no reason to have spend so much for a Cousins

Yeah, it’s Cousins OR a rookie. Rudolph is the guy that I don’t like in the group. He just feels limited. I have little confidence that Peterman will ever be more than a number 2. Blokes’ scouting report on him last year was terrifying. Gunner isn’t a fan either. The guys that have seen him the most like him the least. That’s scary. 

I am good with selling the farm for Darnold or Rosen. I think that they are both high end prospects that are pretty safe. I love Baker but am not sure that I would part with all of those assets for a guy that has some downside. Cousins to me would be fine as. FA but I’d rather not part with both 1sts AND pay his price.

The Bills have so many holes that they can’t use both the cap space and the picks. It has to be one or the other and I’m fine either way. I think it’s possible that Milano is the only starter in the front 7 currently on the roster. You have a bunch of spots to fill (#1/2 WR, RG, front 7) that you have to be smart. Trading up for a QB is fine if you are active in FA. Signing Cousins is fine if you have all of that draft capital to plug holes. It has to be one or the other though. The suggestion from Dunkirk Don that we are going to trade a ton of picks for Cousins with an extension scares me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1