Tolbert benched!

YoloinOhio

For as much crap as this coaching staff takes, they really do seem to be letting guys compete for jobs and starting the guy who earns it. 

It may may not happen immediately, but for the most part the guy who is playing better has been the one who has earned the startling job. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm surprised that Peterman is out.

I'm confused by Reilly being out.

I'm indifferent about Tolbert being out.  But part of me thinks they'll miss him on the third downs that they don't trust Tyrod to throw.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm indifferent about Tolbert being out.  But part of me thinks they'll miss him on the third downs that they don't trust Tyrod to throw.

just checked his stats- he's carried twice this year on 3rd and short. They won't miss him. It's interesting to look at his split stats over his career,  surprisingly fairly ineffective on short yardage situations.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

just checked his stats- he's carried twice this year on 3rd and short. They won't miss him. It's interesting to look at his split stats over his career,  surprisingly fairly ineffective on short yardage situations.

That is surprising.  Anything Cadet or Shady can do will be better than an incompletion past the marker or a completion 3 yards short of it.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No part of you thinks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Tolbert can block well enough to not be a liability, he should just go back to being a FB. He could actually be a weapon. He catches the ball well out of the backfield and can carry it too. He would actually be incredibly dynamic as a FB. Like he used to be.

No need for both him and DiMarco. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Numbers game - Unless he passes Holmes on ST, he's not making the active roster

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Tolbert can block well enough to not be a liability, he should just go back to being a FB. He could actually be a weapon. He catches the ball well out of the backfield and can carry it too. He would actually be incredibly dynamic as a FB. Like he used to be.

Just need to cut loose from him. He's a 32 year old back that has had 1 decent season of his last 4. I don't understand that attraction to this guy.  Time to move on.

Just now, klos63 said:

Just need to cut loose from him. He's a 32 year old back that has had 1 decent season of his last 4. I don't understand that attraction to this guy.  Time to move on.

It was time to move on when they decided on the 53 heading into week 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Mad, useless copy pasting twitter bot is mad.

What's the deal with your hate for 26? The guy contributes a lot to this board. It may be twitter feeds, but he's fast on his info and I, for one amongst many, greatly appreciate that.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

....how the hell we advertise as being a "run first team" with ONE stallion in the stable is STILL beyond me......the Cadet kid has promise, but is recent.....Shady goes down and Tolbert/DiMarco are the dynamic duo?.....Mr. Ed..........

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....how the hell we advertise as being a "run first team" with ONE stallion in the stable is STILL beyond me......the Cadet kid has promise, but is recent.....Shady goes down and Tolbert/DiMarco are the dynamic duo?.....Mr. Ed..........

ask McBeane- we really are a team with no identity right now. It's a process, so I'm told.

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That is surprising.  Anything Cadet or Shady can do will be better than an incompletion past the marker or a completion 3 yards short of it.

I think his body type confuses some people. If you remember his days in San Diego, he was a dynamic receiver out of the backfield, very quick and effective. And he got in the end zone, but not usually on goal line rushes.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

ask McBeane- we really are a team with no identity right now. It's a process, so I'm told.

....guess that means we're "under the radar to keep them all guessing who we are (COUGH)".......maybe we're Air Coryell and haven't realized it yet (BIGGER COUGH)....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....guess that means we're "under the radar to keep them all guessing who we are (COUGH)".......maybe we're Air Coryell and haven't realized it yet (BIGGER COUGH)....

We are a team the requires minimal mistakes/turnovers in order to give us a chance to win. It's worked decently so far this year, need a bit more these next 3 weeks though.