Just gained respect for Brady, lost any for Belichick

Bubba Gump

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

No thanks.

I don't want to sleep with Tom. I would rather have a beer with Geisle.

She can be a complete B from what I've heard...no thanks, there are plenty of those women walking around as it is, don't need another one

Belichick's pressers are hilarious.  Absolutely love watching them especially after a loss.  He's bitter to the core and reporters are afraid to ask him anything.  His answer last night on that awful on-side kick attempt was comedic gold.  "They recovered it"  Also him saying to the other reporter that "what happened 5 years ago doesn't have anything to do with tonight's game" was another beauty. 

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Good take. I just watched the presser again, because I couldn't hear the first question. Now that I have re-played it I got to hear it.

Reporter: Do you think this game is a result of you looking forward to next week's game?

BB: No...(long pause)...Give me a break

BB is very arrogant and is a jerk but he has answered losses like that his whole career.

Remember 3 years ago after the loss to K.C? I believe he said "We are on to Cincinnati" after every question

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

When I said "gained", I didn't say how much. Hate the guys guts, but he did seem a little more human tonight. Hopefully he realizes he isn't gonna play til he's 45. Time is running out and I think he is realizing that. Maybe that's why BB is so angry, he knows the end is closer than they think.

If everything I have read this year is even semi accurate, then for the first time in the whole Patties dynasty there are real problems behind the scenes.

From what I have read, Billy wanted to keep Jimmy G and move Brady either to the 9ers this year or in the off-season. Kraft blocked it and traded Jimmy. Now, Brady isn't pleased his longtime coach wanted to move on from him, Billy is upset that Kraft overruled him. Add into that the obvious contempt between McDaniels and Brady....I think the end is closer then anyone imagines. 

I for one wouldn't be shocked if a guy like McDaniels is creating waves behind the scenes as well hoping to take over when the Patties and Belichick eventually part ways. Has to be a reason he keeps pulling his name from coaching vacancies.

I think they hold it together this season, make another Super Bowl. I don't believe they win it, then everything unravels.

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

If everything I have read this year is even semi accurate, then for the first time in the whole Patties dynasty there are real problems behind the scenes.

From what I have read, Billy wanted to keep Jimmy G and move Brady either to the 9ers this year or in the off-season. Kraft blocked it and traded Jimmy. Now, Brady isn't pleased his longtime coach wanted to move on from him, Billy is upset that Kraft overruled him. Add into that the obvious contempt between McDaniels and Brady....I think the end is closer then anyone imagines. 

I for one wouldn't be shocked if a guy like McDaniels is creating waves behind the scenes as well hoping to take over when the Patties and Belichick eventually part ways. Has to be a reason he keeps pulling his name from coaching vacancies.

I think they hold it together this season, make another Super Bowl. I don't believe they win it, then everything unravels.

McDaniels ain't that smart then. He failed miserably as a first time HC in Denver. If he wants to take over in NE he is gonna fail again. That team will be horrible once BB and TB are gone.

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

McDaniels ain't that smart then. He failed miserably as a first time HC in Denver. If he wants to take over in NE he is gonna fail again. That team will be horrible once BB and TB are gone.

I mean if you want to question his intelligence it's a fair point. He was also the guy that's said Tim Tebow was worth a first round pick.

14 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Watching the Patriots post game pressers after loss to Miami. Brady took blame saying he needs to be better and stated that not having Gronk didn't change the outcome. Belichick on the other hand was more smug and pissed off than I've ever seen. Never seen another HC act like such a little spoiled brat during an interview. Grow up Billy. 

I've already moved on to Adam Gase.

• Like (+1) 1

I've always had tons of respect for Brady both BEFORE and AFTER the game is played.  The problem is that he is a total "A-Hole" as soon as the opening whistle is blown.  (I'm guessing his family would say the same thing about him when they sat around the kitchen table playing board games.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Watching the Patriots post game pressers after loss to Miami. Brady took blame saying he needs to be better and stated that not having Gronk didn't change the outcome. Belichick on the other hand was more smug and pissed off than I've ever seen. Never seen another HC act like such a little spoiled brat during an interview. Grow up Billy. 

Hoodie is a gamer and hates to lose.

This guy is a machine and expects to win every game that's why losses are tough to deal with in Patriot nation because they are a a rare occurrence.

18 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I've always loved his pressers. 

He hates to lose.  He expects to win.  He doesn't give the fake bull **** moral victory crap, "I thought the guys played really hard and it was nice to see, blah, blah, blah."

He's the best and doesn't like to get beat.

And if he was the Bills' coach, everyone would love him.

9 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

That's quite the stretch...because they screamed at each other for 20 seconds during a game ?...they've been working together for years.....I guess you missed the hundreds of times when they celebrate a nice play or a TD.....Also, it's common knowledge that if he wants it, the NE job his is when BB retires...he doesn't need to create waves...and BB would kick him to the curb if he was....have you paid attention to the way they run things up there ?

3 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

That's quite the stretch...because they screamed at each other for 20 seconds during a game ?...they've been working together for years.....I guess you missed the hundreds of times when they celebrate a nice play or a TD.....Also, it's common knowledge that if he wants it, the NE job his is when BB retires...he doesn't need to create waves...and BB would kick him to the curb if he was....have you paid attention to the way they run things up there ?

It's actually been several times this year those 2 have gotten into it. And if you watch their interactions and understand body language tips, yes there is some tension there.

And perhaps McDaniels is getting tired of waiting. I don't know. I did say that it wouldn't shock me if he was doing that because he does strike me as a weasel. And honestly I'd be willing to say if BB gets any say in naming his successor (and he may) I'd be willing to be he names Patricia over McDaniels. Just a hunch but I'd bet BB sees more of himself in Patricia than a priss like Joshie. Again, admitted that part is speculation on my end. 

21 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

First time you've ever seen a news conference after a Pats loss, huh?

15 hours ago, TPS said:

That's funny. I do get a kick out of his pressers. Treats the media as they mostly deserve.

Absolutely.  There's a reason he's the only non-Bills coach I tune in to see!   

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've always loved his pressers. 

He hates to lose.  He expects to win.  He doesn't give the fake bull **** moral victory crap, "I thought the guys played really hard and it was nice to see, blah, blah, blah."

He's the best and doesn't like to get beat.

And if he was the Bills' coach, everyone would love him.

His pressers are horrible. No coach likes to lose. They at least answer questions, and don't act like overgrown babies at the podium. He gives the generic " we didn't do anything well, we need to coach better, need to play better blah blah blah" answers nothing and is generally despondent .  His team wins because of Brady. If he was the Bills coach they would be around .500 ( Belichicks HC record before he lucked into Brady) just as they are now. They would not have Brady. And fans would hate him because he's a miserable curmudgeon that only Jerry Sullivan could relate to. 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:18 PM, matter2003 said:

As much as I hate Brady I can't help but thinking everytime I hear him interviewed that he'd be a cool dude to hang out with and grab a beer

wow guess youd like to hang out alot in gay bars then.   looks like a spoiled brat on the sideline, has a fake wife and comes off a little bit like women to me when he talks.

1 hour ago, re enlightener said:

wow guess youd like to hang out alot in gay bars then.   looks like a spoiled brat on the sideline, has a fake wife and comes off a little bit like women to me when he talks.

Or maybe I just figure his wife has hot friends who would be hanging out that is get introduced to ?

On 12/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, Boatdrinks said:

His pressers are horrible. No coach likes to lose. They at least answer questions, and don't act like overgrown babies at the podium. He gives the generic " we didn't do anything well, we need to coach better, need to play better blah blah blah" answers nothing and is generally despondent .  His team wins because of Brady. If he was the Bills coach they would be around .500 ( Belichicks HC record before he lucked into Brady) just as they are now. They would not have Brady. And fans would hate him because he's a miserable curmudgeon that only Jerry Sullivan could relate to. 

I love it because he recognizes that press conferences and 99% of the questions asked in them are inherantly stupid and pointless.

Sample question:  "What happened on the onside kick?"   WTF do you think happened on the on-side kick?  They practiced a new look and tried it out and it didn't work.  What's he supposed to do, break out his playbook and explain exactly what each guy's assignment was on the play?

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I love it because he recognizes that press conferences and 99% of the questions asked in them are inherantly stupid and pointless.

Sample question:  "What happened on the onside kick?"   WTF do you think happened on the on-side kick?  They practiced a new look and tried it out and it didn't work.  What's he supposed to do, break out his playbook and explain exactly what each guy's assignment was on the play?

No, and that is not the point at all. These coaches all get asked the same inane, redundant  questions . We all know it, and they obviously do too. However, they are ambassadors between the franchises , the media and the fans. It's not an impossible task to handle with class and grace. Win or lose. Plenty of Coaches manage to do this, and you don't have to go all the way back to Marc Levy to find one, though he did it well. From John Harbaugh to Mike Tomlin , you needn't look far for an example. All coaches lose their cool from time to time, but only the most miserable of personalities would find favor with or love Belichicks style at the podium. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, and that is not the point at all. These coaches all get asked the same inane, redundant  questions . We all know it, and they obviously do too. However, they are ambassadors between the franchises , the media and the fans. It's not an impossible task to handle with class and grace. Win or lose. Plenty of Coaches manage to do this, and you don't have to go all the way back to Marc Levy to find one, though he did it well. From John Harbaugh to Mike Tomlin , you needn't look far for an example. All coaches lose their cool from time to time, but only the most miserable of personalities would find favor with or love Belichicks style at the podium. 

I think only the most miserable personalities would care that much about some coaches press conference style.   :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I think only the most miserable personalities would care that much about some coaches press conference style.   :rolleyes:

You cared so much that you responded to my opinion. Miserable begets miserable... only a curmudgeon would love a curmudgeon. There's that old saying about misery loving company. Enjoy yours ! 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:40 AM, Bubba Gump said:

Yes he is, but he seemed even more soured tonight. It was a very awkward presser and seemed as though many of the reporters were scared to ask any questions. He is such a douche. 

And I hate that franchise just as well. Love watching them not know how to handle losing. Even Kraft looked confused in his box at the game. 

So you saying, we are lucky to have so much experience handling losing.