MNF: Pats* at Fish

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's hoping for another snow storm.

The weather forecast looks like either snow or freezing rain. I remember when miami came to buffalo a few years ago in December in that weather. Bills weren’t a very good team but Tannehill couldn’t deal with the weather and was absolutely brutal. I think he threw like 3 picks and Thad was our QB. We won something like 19-0.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

No way we sweep Miami like all the talking heads are saying. If we go 2-1 it will be because we beat NE and split with Miami. Teams are slowly catching up with Belichicks systems. 

I disagree, Bradys o line and recievers are not what they used to be

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

No way we sweep Miami like all the talking heads are saying. If we go 2-1 it will be because we beat NE and split with Miami. Teams are slowly catching up with Belichicks systems. 

?? After 5 super bowls and a 10-2 record this year, teams are now catching up to his systems?...

• Haha (+1) 2

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Belichick's philosophy is to let the opposing team have momentum only to put their foot in the gas and shift momentum back to them. Just seems like something the Patriots would do

Edited by Steptide

Just now, Steptide said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Belichick's philosophy is to let the opposing team have momentum only to out their foot in the gas and shift momentum back to them. Just seems like something the Patriots would do

Yeah because momentum is a real thing

13 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I think that's what happens. Call me nuts but the Patties are vulnerable this year. 

Plus I can see us winning next 2 weeks, losing in Miami and getting the 6th wild card. And we still won't get credit because we "backed in and lucked out". ??

Starting to believe there is a better chance we lose out than win out....  Miami is not bad.  I don't see us beating them twice, especially with Tyrod at QB.  I know a lot of things are based on matchups in the NFL, but we already saw what the Cheatriots* can do to us and, so far, the Dolphins are the better team tonight.  Will be interesting to see what happens, but our offense in not an NFL offense at this point.  Gonna be a tough task to win 2 out of 3.

Miami looks really good tonight, dare I say good enough to actually beat the Pats.

I still think it's funny that so many posters here think 2 easy wins are coming against this team. We'll be lucky to split with the Dolphins and I still think it's more plausible they sweep the Bills than us sweeping them.

Also (and I'm sure most fans know this) but to beat the Pats you need a QB that can make plays downfield like Jay Cutler has done tonight which is why Peterman should be starting the final 3 games no matter what.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Starting to believe there is a better chance we lose out than win out....  Miami is not bad.  I don't see us beating them twice, especially with Tyrod at QB.  I know a lot of things are based on matchups in the NFL, but we already saw what the Cheatriots* can do to us and, so far, the Dolphins are the better team tonight.  Will be interesting to see what happens, but our offense in not an NFL offense at this point.  Gonna be a tough task to win 2 out of 3.

As somebody said earlier in this thread, if Miami gets to 8 losses tonight, you may see that Week 8 team show up in Buffalo.  They weren't really that bad (40-0 shutout by the Ravens), but they're probably not this good either. Kind of a Bills South.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Miami looks really good tonight, dare I say good enough to actually beat the Pats.

I still think it's funny that so many posters here think 2 easy wins are coming against this team. We'll be lucky to split with the Dolphins and I still think it's more plausible they sweep the Bills than us sweeping them.

Also (and I'm sure most fans know this) but to beat the Pats you need a QB that can make plays downfield like Jay Cutler has done tonight which is why Peterman should be starting the final 3 games no matter what.

Are you concerned?

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I for one am glad that Savior Peterman has got his mojo back

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

As somebody said earlier in this thread, if Miami gets to 8 losses tonight, you may see that Week 8 team show up in Buffalo.  They weren't really that bad (40-0 shutout by the Ravens), but they're probably not this good either. Kind of a Bills South.

That may prove true, but if they somehow beat the Pats* tonight, I would not be confident at all beating them next week.

Cutler at 181 passing yds so far.  That's the kind of numbers we need out of ****ty tyrod to have a chance against the pats. It was 9-3 at half time and he did nothing to help. Pure trash excuse for a qb.  

I can't wait till hes gone. 

If we get these dolphins, all we can hope for is a big game from shady

And big stops from defense.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

That may prove true, but if they somehow beat the Pats* tonight, I would not be confident at all beating them next week.

Yep. that's the other side of the coin. Plus Kenyan Drake scares me.  And people seem to have forgotten how they ran right through our D last year. It's still basically the same O line, now with another really talented RB in there.

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Are you concerned?

Not really because I still don't think this team's making the playoffs even if they were to finish 9-7.

But when looking at a team like Miami and their coaching staff it makes me sad that we are stuck with McD. We should have hired Gase instead of Rex quite frankly. In fact outside of the Pats you can argue the Gase/Tannebaum combo is the best in the division and maybe the rest of the AFC considering what they have done with that program down in Miami.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

Not really because I still don't think this team's making the playoffs even if they were to finish 9-7.

But when looking at a team like Miami and their coaching staff it makes me sad that we are stuck with McD. We should have hired Gase instead of Rex quite frankly. In fact outside of the Pats you can argue the Gase/Tannebaum combo is the best in the division and maybe the rest of the AFC considering what they have done with that program down in Miami.

It was a rhetorical question.

Doh!