Serious questions about McD now

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As I predicted might happen, this decision drastically sped up the Pegulas' evaluation of its coaching staff - just like Peterman, McD's flaws are now on tape for the world to see.  As a sad bonus, McD has probably lost his team.

I can see a "one and done" scenario if someone like Gruden or Harbaugh frees up.  I firmly believe that McD assured Terry that the roster would be competitive this year notwithstanding the aggressive (highly questionable) moves to rid the team of talent (McD = Pol Pot), and that McD further and specifically assured ownership that the time was right to make a QB change.

The decision to start a reckless, noodle-armed, unprepared Pete Naterman with the playoffs in reach will go down as one of the dumbest NFL coaching decisions of all time.  I don't see how McD recovers his career, quite honestly.

Please let’s stop with this playoffs BS ,  I can understand if we were 9-6 and need it one more win to get in , 

But @ 5-4 and in 2 back to back  beatings we looked like trash on both sides of the ball , 

playoffs ?? 

Castillo with his outside zone blocking , Dennison with his pocket -timing passes , changing to zone defense from man. 

It would take forever to get the right players to fit these new schemes. jmo

I want to stay with McD and Beane the full 5 years but the rest of his staff :(

They better get the best scouting dept money can buy to fix this mess.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Your point #6 is, IMO, one of the most salient and under-discussed of this whole debacle.

Jacoby Brissett, in his three starts for NE, was deliberately given a simple game plan to execute.  He's not looking all-world for the Colts, but he's looking capable and showing flashes.  He's not stinking up the joint from what I've seen.  But he's still being more or less set up to succeed.

What bothers me isn't so much that Peterman sucked, it's that he wasn't set up for success in his first start against a ferocious pass rush.  The game plan wasn't tailored for him.  This bothers me just as it bothers me that IMO we haven't had play calling that focused on Taylors strength

We traded Dareus off to Jax because ?we didn't need him ?he was an attitude problem?  The performance of the D in the last 3 games has been atrocious.  

Do our coaches have good personnel judgement, or do they suffer from the delusion that they can plug anyone in and win?  Because if that's what they think, they would appear to be mistaken.  One might even say delusional.

This is a point I tried to make in another thread.

I TOTALLY blame Dennison for this whole shenanigans.  I think McD just took the whole decision on his shoulders.  What head coach, who is a Defense guy,  is going to change QBs without any input from the OC?

I think Dennison wanted the change in QB. He felt that Peterman was a better fit. He may not have been wrong. BUT, when things went south, typical Dennison made no adjustments to help the kid lose the demon. Instead of going real conservative (run game) Dennison kept pushing the passing game.

Dennison is the sole proprietor of this debacle!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

There is a growth process for coaches too. 

I was concerned about McD’s learning curve this preseason. Sometimes the hardest lessons are the lessons that really sting.

All coaches have some sort of bravado about them. All leaders do. The question is, does he get rattled or does he keep on keepin on  and build for next year.

McDermott is not that much of a noobie.

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

TT may be the best option right now, but I think they've already decided that he's just not good enough so they wanted to see what they had with Peterman before the season ended. I don't disagree with that decision. Who knew the kid would implode like that in his first start? Better days are ahead for young Nate.

My guess is that Tyrod has likely decided that the Bills aren't good enough for him, either.  You can bet that guys like Gillislee, Gilmore, Woods, Watkins, Dareus, and Darby are all ecstatic that they were lucky enough to escape.

4 hours ago, #34fan said:

Again. McBeandip was just doing their due diligence... At least now they can finally wrap their heads around the scale of tire-fire they've inherited. Starting Peterman was the best thing they could have done.

They didn't "inherit" a tire fire, they created it.  Zach Brown, Ronald Darby, Marcel Dareus, Mike Gillislee, Stephon Gilmore, Marquise Goodwin, Sammy Watkins, and Robert Woods all left, via trade or FA, on their watch.

44 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As I predicted might happen, this decision drastically sped up the Pegulas' evaluation of its coaching staff - just like Peterman, McD's flaws are now on tape for the world to see.  As a sad bonus, McD has probably lost his team.

I can see a "one and done" scenario if someone like Gruden or Harbaugh frees up.  I firmly believe that McD assured Terry that the roster would be competitive this year notwithstanding the aggressive (highly questionable) moves to rid the team of talent (McD = Pol Pot), and that McD further and specifically assured ownership that the time was right to make a QB change.

The decision to start a reckless, noodle-armed, unprepared Pete Naterman with the playoffs in reach will go down as one of the dumbest NFL coaching decisions of all time.  I don't see how McD recovers his career, quite honestly.

If the decision to start Peterson was truly McDermott's and not somebody higher up the corporate food chain, then it was truly bizarre.  NFL HCs don't give up shots to win games or make the playoffs; it's not in their DNA.  Even ol' Dick Jauron would put winning ahead of auditioning a QB when a team was 5-4 and was holding a playoff spot.

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

This is a point I tried to make in another thread.

I TOTALLY blame Dennison for this whole shenanigans.  I think McD just took the whole decision on his shoulders.  What head coach, who is a Defense guy,  is going to change QBs without any input from the OC?

I think Dennison wanted the change in QB. He felt that Peterman was a better fit. He may not have been wrong. BUT, when things went south, typical Dennison made no adjustments to help the kid lose the demon. Instead of going real conservative (run game) Dennison kept pushing the passing game.

Dennison is the sole proprietor of this debacle!

I agree Dennison drove the change.  I wonder if the convo went something like this:

McD: "your O spinning its wheels, need to change it"

Den:  "look here, and here, and here - my O is fine, plays are out there, that !@#% Taylor just won't take the shots.  Killing my OL too, holds the ball too long"

McD: "then maybe you need to change the O to something your QB will execute better"

Den:  "I'll tell you what I need, I need a QB that will execute better!  Peterman could do it!"

McD: "Well then."

Smart teams starting a rookie, craft a game plan to help the rookie - simplified passing game, lots of runs.  But if Dennison was pushing Peterman on the idea that he was ready, and would execute the full offense better than Taylor, he couldn't take that sensible route.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not to mention this just kills any confidence Peterman might have had for the rest of the season. As some of the announcers said today I don't know how he recovers from this. Mcd, Denison,Castillo I don't care who, but someone better light up this O-line....

....anybody know if Leslie is in the Witness Protection Program??...............

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

If you are going to put a late rd rookie QB in , you better have a rock solid OL in front of him. 

I do not put the blame on Peterman for that disaster, he is not ready . 

It is true that one reason Dak Prescott, Dak Prescotted last year, is that Dallas had Zeke and a notable OL in place.  It is also true that other teams who have started rookies, help them out with the game plan, not expecting too much.

You can't put all the blame on Peterman.  But he does deserve his share.  He's not the first rookie to start behind a tik-tak OL and ineffective run game, but he may be the worst.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Mcd is a phony. This guy preaches "family" all the time and then trades away players mid year. (Dareus) Ya Dareus was a problem child, but if you are "family" shouldn't you be working with that player to find a solution?..

Then he announces TT as the starter after the saints game, then goes to Peterman 2 days after.

I am really starting to wonder if he has lost the respect from his players by some of his decisions

He did. Rightfully so. He's already shown that he isn't loyal as a HC. Makes really questionable decisions. I don't believe that a GOOD coach needs players to fit their system. A good coach adapts per talent available. He's a defensive coach with horrid defense and an offense that was not anemic until he touched it.

50 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

He thought Peterman was better than Tyrod, it makes me wonder. How many other players are on the bench that should be starting?

Or were let go when they should have been retained.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ALF said:

If you are going to put a late rd rookie QB in , you better have a rock solid OL in front of him. 

I do not put the blame on Peterman for that disaster, he is not ready . 

Right, I don't disagree with starting Peterman, but the coaches need to take extra precautions to put him in the best situations possible and they failed miserably.

15 minutes ago, 87168 said:

He did. Rightfully so. He's already shown that he isn't loyal as a HC. Makes really questionable decisions. I don't believe that a GOOD coach needs players to fit their system. A good coach adapts per talent available. He's a defensive coach with horrid defense and an offense that was not anemic until he touched it.

Or were let go when they should have been retained.  

Yep exactly. And some people automatically just want to give him 3-5 years because he building something?... If he gets 5 years as the HC, the Bills drought will be hitting the 2020's

I've said this before.

Good coaches look closely at the talent around the locker room.  They properly evaluate where players are strong and where they are weak.  The gameplan is then carefully structured in a way that highlights the strengths and hides the weaknesses. 

Unfortunately, most coaches in the NFL are nothing like this. 

Most coaches are brilliant at teaching 1-2 positions, but are completely out of their element with other parts of the team.  Most have only proven successful in a single scheme/system, and really don't know how to adjust to something different.  Most aren't brilliant strategists or students of the game.  They were just fortunate to have the right pieces at the right time, and it helped them move their way up the ranks.

Rex Ryan was blasted in Buffalo for pushing HIS SCHEME onto a defense, where it clearly didn't fit.  The square peg in a round hole analogy.

Around the league, Ryan was considered a defensive mastermind before taking the Bills job.  But in reality, he was no smarter than any other defensive coordinator.  He was just fortunate enough in Baltimore and New York to have the pieces he needed to run his system.  Buffalo's strengths/weaknesses were completely opposite to those Ravens/Jets teams.  So Ryan was exposed.

Sean McDermott's style is nothing like Ryan.  He is quiet and reserved, instead of loud and boastful.  He is calculated and organized, instead of wild and chaotic.  He is all-business, instead of fun and free.  But when it comes to the football field, McDermott is just as hard-headed, stubborn and clueless as his predecessor.  Of course, instead of forcing players into his schemes, McDermott just trades them away for draft picks.  The quarterback switch (just like the Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby, Reggie Ragland and Marcel Dareus trades) was ALL ABOUT getting his guys on the field.  That's what "the process" is all about.  Purging players that don't fit his system, or don't display the character and attitude he wants to see.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, wppete said:

McDermott is an awful coach. We have seen enough of him all his scripted talk nonesense. He has to go.

I've been critical of SM but I think he could be a good coach.  I just think he has too much power and no one to check him.

i honestly believe him and Whaley would have worked really well together.  Perhaps Whaley could have told him instead of trading Dareus for a 6th in the middle of a playoff run that they should wait until the offense.

But We are trusting SM with far too much for a first time head coach.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You have made no allowance in your thinking here that perhaps Pegula TOLD McD to play Peterman.

I am not saying he did; I have no way of knowing one way or the other; but it is certainly possible.

Until that is flat out eliminated, you have to assume it remains a possibility before you crucify McD.

Now that we have seen Peterman play, we have to assume the coach didn't think he was ready.  It makes sense that he was told to start him and that of course part of that is maintaining that it was his idea alone...and with an understanding with Pegula that the result will not count against McD if things go wrong.

At least that would be a fair and logical way to structure the deal, if it existed.

If McD purely acted on his own, now that we know what Peterman looks like at this stage in his development, go ahead and crucify McD.  If his football sense is that far off, he won't be around very long as the HC in any event.

Actually this did cross my mind but I don't think that Pegula would have interfered with McD and Beane like that. He doesn't seem like that type of owner. Perhaps I am being naïve here but he seems to be to trusting in the "process" and giving these guys a long leash. I sincerely hope I am right because that would not only reflect badly on Pegula himself but remove any respect I had for McD to cave to the owner like that.  But that's the sad part here McD looks really bad no matter how you try to spin it. If you played Peterman because the owner ordered you then you are a wimpy coach who doesn't stand up for yourself. If you played Peterman because you incredibly overestimated his talent and preparedness then you look like a fool. Either way this spectacular failure  might be devastating for McD's long term trajectory as a HC.

13 hours ago, Idandria said:

Peterman set a record for first half interceptions. Not good, and this was facilitated by McDs decision. He looks like a total idiot. Not good. I don't recall things being this messed up in awhile.

Coaches have to take decisions. Sometimes they work..sometimes they don't.  Sean felt that TT was not inspiring his team as the leader.  He was throwing 3 yards when you had a 3rd and 10.  Yesterday, TT was sharper because he understood that he had to take risks.  When he took risk it paid off as well as bombed (the fumble return for TD).  The issue with TT has been that he needs his WRs to be open before he throws.  That does not cut it 

11 hours ago, moshermw said:

Tyrod's class throughout the offseason and this debacle has not waivered. 

Say what you will about his play the last few weeks, but he's a great teammate, leader and would be a great face of the franchise.

He has 10 million reasons to not feel unappreciated I guess but wow.

TT is the best QB on this team now. But he is not enough to win a championship, especially with this team that has so many holes.  At the end talent and hard work wins championships.  We need to improve the talent.  The coaches then mold that talent to have a single work ethic and that is what takes them to the next level.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I've been critical of SM but I think he could be a good coach.  I just think he has too much power and no one to check him.

i honestly believe him and Whaley would have worked really well together.  Perhaps Whaley could have told him instead of trading Dareus for a 6th in the middle of a playoff run that they should wait until the offense.

In the three games Jax has played since Dareus has joined them, they have allowed 166 rushing yards (53.3 per game) on 65 carries (2.55 per carry).  Prior to his arrival, their rush defense was at the bottom of the league.  

The Bills' D had one solid run defense game against Oakland, who just happened to be missing their most talented RB that game. Since then, they have not been decent, to say the least. It's hilarious to think that giving up 146 yards and 2 rushing TDs on the ground represents a massive improvement over the previous two weeks. 

Edited by dave mcbride

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DOsGgaSXcAAX-q9.jpg

Exposed!

I know we have a response function now, but OMG I laughed so hard my fam came in to see if I was dying.

This is perfect.  That's exactly McWrestler's streak

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In the three games Jax has played since Dareus has joined them, they have allowed 166 rushing yards (53.3 per game) on 65 carries (2.55 per carry).  Prior to his arrival, their rush defense was at the bottom of the league.  

The Bills' D had one solid run defense game against Oakland, who just happened to be missing their most talented RB that game. Since then, they have not been decent, to say the least. It's hilarious to think that giving up 146 yards and 2 rushing TDs on the ground represents a massive improvement over the previous two weeks. 

AHA!  That's the missing piece.  I didn't know enough about Oakland's personnel to tell if there was a reason why the Bills without Dareus had a good rush D that week.

Do you know if he was missing in Oak's previous poor rushing games?

Having had the opportunity to watch Ron Rivera go through the  first time HC growth process in Charlotte, I hate to tell some of you but it takes years.

Is he good? Beats the heck out of me but my gut feeling is, with the right OC and the right players the potential is there.

There were people on this board calling for Ryan to get more time at the end of last year.

These guys haven’t even run their own draft yet and it’s already time to can him? I think that is pretty hasty.

I’m definitely ready to give McBean all of next year before even suggesting this is a failed experiment. If at this point next year they have had an above average draft and the picks are showing the growth one would hope to see by the second half of the season, I’ll be ready to have more patience .

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know we have a response function now, but OMG I laughed so hard my fam came in to see if I was dying.

AHA!  That's the missing piece.  I didn't know enough about Oakland's personnel to tell if there was a reason why the Bills without Dareus had a good rush D that week.

I'm not saying Oakland has a great running game, but it's not like SD does either. It doesn't help when your best running back is out, however.  No, his numbers aren't great this season, but he's had some good games. Against a sieve D like Buffalo's though, he would likely have put up 100 if the team had decided to feed him the rock. In his last two games, he had 14 carries/57 yds and 2 strong TDs against Miami, and 11 carries/67 yds against NE.  Also, they only ran it 14 times against Buffalo, which in retrospect was a huge coaching error by Del Rio given what we know now.

Edited by dave mcbride

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not saying Oakland has a great running game, but it's not like SD does either. It doesn't help when your best running back is out, however.  No, his numbers aren't great this season, but he's had some good games. Against a sieve D like Buffalo's though, he would likely have put up 100 if the team had decided to feed him the rock. In his last two games, he had 14 carries/57 yds and 2 strong TDs against Miami, and 11 carries/67 yds against NE.  Also, they only ran it 14 times against Buffalo, which in retrospect was a huge coaching error by Del Rio given what we know now.

Also Oakland had also already installed their gameplan prior to the trade.

People make light of the % of snaps Dareus played but when he was in there he made it very difficult to run on the Bills and OC's seek paths of lesser resistance when game planning.

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Having had the opportunity to watch Ron Rivera go through the  first time HC growth process in Charlotte, I hate to tell some of you but it takes years.

Is he good? Beats the heck out of me but my gut feeling is, with the right OC and the right players the potential is there.

There were people on this board calling for Ryan to get more time at the end of last year.

These guys haven’t even run their own draft yet and it’s already time to can him? I think that is pretty hasty.

I’m definitely ready to give McBean all of next year before even suggesting this is a failed experiment. If at this point next year they have had an above average draft and the picks are showing the growth one would hope to see by the second half of the season, I’ll be ready to have more patience .

Ron Rivera inherited a 2-14 team and won 4 more games in is first year.

SM inherited a 7-9 team, traded away 3 of the best players who were 25 & younger,  benched his qb when they were 5-4, and the team looks worse than last year. 

Not exactly apples to apples. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Also Oakland had also already installed their gameplan prior to the trade.

People make light of the % of snaps Dareus played but when he was in there he made it very difficult to run on the Bills and OC's seek paths of lesser resistance when game planning.

I honestly didn't think that the Dareus trade would make much of a difference at the time. He only had one sack before he was gone. But Dareus' best skill set was stuffing the run or at least forcing opposing rbs to run around him where others would make the tackle for minimal gains. Dareus was never going to be a monster sacker of QBs, just too heavy.  I remember back in 1990 seeing Bruce Smith out on the town at the Late Show in NF and I couldn't believe how huge the guy was. He was a man mountain. Dareus outweighs Bruce by 70lbs!! and is almost the same height 6ft3!  They now have a more space (literally) in that defensive line because Washington is much smaller than Dareus. Its looking like a bad move by Beane and Co now because they really didn't have a plan B. In addition the late round pick they got for Dareus  was not acceptable.  It just further adds to the questions surrounding this regime's competency.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?

Coming into that game the BeaSt was averaging 1.5 yards per play.

16 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its pretty scary how things turned out for Nathan Peterman in his first start but I am really concerned about what this debacle of a game exposes about McD and Beane.  A few observations/questions trying to understand today's disaster.

1.If you benched TT in reaction to a pathetic offensive performance vs The Jets and Saints then I can kind of understand the rationale to a point but TT has had some good games this season why give up on him when you are still in a playoff position? That shows a scary lack of poise and patience in a HC.

2. What scares me much more is that either McD or Beane thought Peterman was ready to start. He looked absolutely in over his head. The fact that they believed he could succeed when he was that inept is stunning. If you watch Peterman’s mechanics in that game he is basically telegraphing where he is throwing the ball to allowing the dbs time to get there. He is not sensing the blitz and overthrowing his receivers.  Totally nervous and not ready. If they actually believed he was ready they must be delusional or intensely bad judges of talent.

3. If you benched TT to light a fire under him to perform down the stretch well I guess you got his attention, but to do it when the playoffs are in sight? Really bad idea. 

4. Did they bench TT because they were afraid as Vic Carucci said that he would lead them into the playoffs and they don’t see him as part of the future?  So they would actually deny us the chance at the playoffs to further their "process" .  Then McD and Beane are truly evil and against anything this fan base holds dear.

5. If they benched TT because they wanted to distract from a horrendous defense effort then they are simply morons.

6. Why in the hell if you are putting a rookie in to start do you not work with Dennison to call the simplest game plan ever. McCoy should have been used non stop, simple passes to keep the defense honest. It seemed to me that Dennison’s game plan was a little too much for Peterman to accomplish and once they were down it put Peterman into an impossible position.

7. If you knew how bad our O line has been in the last 2 weeks with an elusive mobile QB then why the hell would you put a less mobile pocket passer in?? That was suicidal. Beyond stupid. Peterman tooks some incredible hits that led to at least 2 of his INTS. Once again this seriously questions McD’s intelligence.

The bottom line is that this game has exposed McD and Beane in multiple ways and they have egg all over their faces. Although I was skeptical, I thought McD was an upgrade on Rex’s gong show. Now I am not so sure. It seems like he could be just as much as a fraud.

No. 7 nails it for me.  If you are a coach and objectively look at the film and get that you need to change the QB to a more stationary passer and do not feel the need to address the OLine being less competent than a blocking sled, then you are just terrible at what you do.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

?

Coming into that game the BeaSt was averaging 1.5 yards per play.

Stats in pro football reference say different.  He did have a couple bad games, including v. Den with 1.33 Y/A, but otherwise, apparently incorrect

Edit: that's not to say Oak has a great run game, even with Lynch playing.  But he is their best back, and he is good for more than that still.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

15 hours ago, wppete said:

McDermott is an awful coach. We have seen enough of him all his scripted talk nonesense. He has to go.

This is a clear overreaction. This team has some of the worst talent I've ever seen, the right side of the O-line is beyond worse than the bottom of the barrel and we have no D-line at all. McDermott has put together some terrible game plans this season. This team has been on a 3-year plan to win and the FO mismanaged the season when we started winning. Now we're going to have to tank the rest of the season just to keep a top 2 QB in our sights.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't know about Whaley.  I was tired of the whose decision was it? follies that seemed to be endemic.

But I'm deeply concerned about McWrestler and Mr Beane's player personnel evaluation judgement at this point.

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

This is a clear overreaction. This team has some of the worst talent I've ever seen, the right side of the O-line is beyond worse than the bottom of the barrel and we have no D-line at all. McDermott has put together some terrible game plans this season. This team has been on a 3-year plan to win and the FO mismanaged the season when we started winning. Now we're going to have to tank the rest of the season just to keep a top 2 QB in our sights.

I don't get wanting to lose, now or ever, because the draft is no guarantee, and if you don't have the right coach to develop those players, then it doesn't really matter how you well you draft.  Keeping players engaged and wanting to be part of the team because of good coaching and gameplanning, while you develop younger players is a good path out of a playoff drought, but losing to gain draft position is the biggest red herring in sports, especially football where you've got to coach and coordinate 53 players and over 24 starters (including Special Teams).  One player at QB can certainly change things some, but it's not going to cure bad coaching, bad line play and a lack of talent around the QB.  One or two drafts aren't going to fix everything either, especially when players may have completely checked out of being a part of the organization after nose diving at the midpoint of the season.

All I'm going to say is - 

It's not just one game. It's been a series of questionable moves, culminated by the last two which finally BLEW UP in their faces: Dareus trade, and starting Peterman against the best pass rushers in the league.

So, what this does is put into doubt the quality of the football minds that are guiding this franchise, their evaluation process, their JUDGEMENT.  Because both the HC and GM are rookies, and the owners just FIRED the prior two I don't think they fire these two at the end of this year. They are going to get at least another year, if not two more. So we are potentially looking at 2 or 3 years of Beane and McDermott at the very least.

And that is potentially disastrous for Bills for the foreseeable future.

Edited by CanadianFan

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

McBean have also traded way our best talent on this team. Its all McBean doing. they need to go.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

I honestly didn't think that the Dareus trade would make much of a difference at the time. He only had one sack before he was gone. But Dareus' best skill set was stuffing the run or at least forcing opposing rbs to run around him where others would make the tackle for minimal gains. Dareus was never going to be a monster sacker of QBs, just too heavy.  I remember back in 1990 seeing Bruce Smith out on the town at the Late Show in NF and I couldn't believe how huge the guy was. He was a man mountain. Dareus outweighs Bruce by 70lbs!! and is almost the same height 6ft3!  They now have a more space (literally) in that defensive line because Washington is much smaller than Dareus. Its looking like a bad move by Beane and Co now because they really didn't have a plan B. In addition the late round pick they got for Dareus  was not acceptable.  It just further adds to the questions surrounding this regime's competency.

I remember the Late Show :lol:

Yeah.......they have made a lot of poor roster decisions.

The salary cap excuse is weak..........they weren't critically crippled for cap space as it's depicted........they just went overboard.

In any event........everyone has a process until they get punched in the mouth.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ron Rivera inherited a 2-14 team and won 4 more games in is first year.

SM inherited a 7-9 team, traded away 3 of the best players who were 25 & younger,  benched his qb when they were 5-4, and the team looks worse than last year. 

Not exactly apples to apples. 

He was 6-10 the first season and only won 7 in his second.

He was BIG TIME on the hot seat here at the end of his second season and many thought he was as a lock to be fired.

He was Ultra conservative those first couple years and the team kept losing close games because of it, as well as, the teams slow starts.

Maybe you remember him gifting us the EJ comeback game when Tolbert was killing us on the final drive. Instead of going for it on 4 and 1 he kicked the field goal( Tolbert would have gotten it) and EJ brought us back for the TD.

He was catching the same kinda grief you guys are giving McD that season.

Season three he became “ Riverboat Ron” and started to gamble a lot more. IE : He grew and evolved.

So, now for the snark: I guess a bunch here would be happy with 6-10 and 7-9.

Not me and I don’t hate a rookie coach for throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. Guns blazing Brothers!!!

This regime is terrible. Boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision. 

There's no way that McDermott hasn't completely lost this team. They got rid of player after player this offseason.  He benched their only decent QB for a 5th round rookie disaster. It's like they were winning too much so they decided to tank. 

Then, to come out today, and say Peterman did some "darn good" things, not commit to Tyrod, not take responsibility for making a terrible decision, but say that you are evaluating? Seriously? 

I realize probably the worst thing you can do is make a knee-jerk reaction to a coach and not let them establish their systems, and the Bills have done that WAY too much, but when you lose the team 11 weeks in on a decision like this, I think it's time for a change.

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

Coaches have to take decisions. Sometimes they work..sometimes they don't.  Sean felt that TT was not inspiring his team as the leader.  He was throwing 3 yards when you had a 3rd and 10.  Yesterday, TT was sharper because he understood that he had to take risks.  When he took risk it paid off as well as bombed (the fumble return for TD).  The issue with TT has been that he needs his WRs to be open before he throws.  That does not cut it 

TT is the best QB on this team now. But he is not enough to win a championship, especially with this team that has so many holes.  At the end talent and hard work wins championships.  We need to improve the talent.  The coaches then mold that talent to have a single work ethic and that is what takes them to the next level.

Revisionist history to fit your narrative that most TT haters use. All u need to know is 5 picks vs none and TT won the second half, 17-14, with the same BS OL line and no Benjamin - and same D. He needs to have WRs open before he throws so HE DOESN'T THROW 5 PICKS !!!

The fumble was clearly because Dennison refuses to play to TTs strength which is throwing while rolling the pocket in and obvious throwing down.

He picks up the 3rd down there with his legs if no ones open as often as with a throw.

As soon as folks can see that's good and not bad - with this O-Line, the better.

The rest of the NFL gets it.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, SoTier said:

They didn't "inherit" a tire fire, they created it.  Zach Brown, Ronald Darby, Marcel Dareus, Mike Gillislee, Stephon Gilmore, Marquise Goodwin, Sammy Watkins, and Robert Woods all left, via trade or FA, on their watch.

:huh:Did they? -Or did Pegs do that when he let Schwartz walk for the Ryan Brothers?

-Beane didn't start the fire... It was always burning since the world's been turning.