You can't quit on a 5-4 season

row_33

As much as I'd like to tear it up and start on 2018, they aren't going to dump Tyrod and a chance at a playoff run (even if it is pathetic) until it is proven over.

And anyone collecting a paycheck from the Bills knows just as much as the fans how dire this is looking.

Two more losses to play with my friends.  Gotta get to 10-6 somehow.  I don't think 9-7 gets it done.  So they can't lose to the LA Chargers.  In my opinion, at best they will split with NE and Miami so there's your other 2 losses. 

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

As much as I'd like to tear it up and start on 2018, they aren't going to dump Tyrod and a chance at a playoff run (even if it is pathetic) until it is proven over.

And anyone collecting a paycheck from the Bills knows just as much as the fans how dire this is looking.

a must win sunday or they're toast.

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Two more losses to play with my friends.  Gotta get to 10-6 somehow.  I don't think 9-7 gets it done.  So they can't lose to the LA Chargers.  In my opinion, at best they will split with NE and Miami so there's your other 2 losses. 

next best team after buffalo is 4-5. 9-7 will most likely get it done for somebody. 

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Agree with 10-6, but thanks to the last two games, our margin of error is slim.  Don't forget we are at KC after the SD game; neither of which we can lose.  These are tough tasks, especially at KC.

Have you seen them play the last two weeks?

We as fans don't have to give up on the season, cause the team already has.

They have brought back the Rex Ryan rush D and the don't EVER sniff the opposing QB.

if that isn't a sign of a team that hasn't quit, I don't know what to tell you.

And I know yardage isn't the most important factor in winning games, but it does establish a pattern of what kinda team they are. And the Bills have been outgained in EIGHT STRAIGHT GAMES...... and some games very badly. Let that sink in folks.

I dont think they tear it up......but I think McD is monitoring two things very closely (jmo)

Defense......I think Leslie Frasier is very close to being canned...McD is a D coordinator from his beginnings and CANNOT be happy how this team has quit the last two weeks.......I think McD is very close to saying "I got this Leslie"

TT.......offense needs to pick up......I dont now why but I felt an irritance between Dennison and TT on the bench when they panned to them last week........I think that TT does NOT get the offense moving a change will be made

and it wont be about tearing it up for the next season....it will be about trying to salvage this season.

They are 5-4 now, much like they were in 2008 and 2011 after 9 games. A swan dive is coming primarily because they're not fooling anyone anymore.  Opponents have the solution to Taylor and know they can run on the defense.

These two losses aren't flukes. They're a window into the remaining games of this season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Have you seen them play the last two weeks?

We as fans don't have to give up on the season, cause the team already has.

They have brought back the Rex Ryan rush D and the don't EVER sniff the opposing QB.

if that isn't a sign of a team that hasn't quit, I don't know what to tell you.

And I know yardage isn't the most important factor in winning games, but it does establish a pattern of what kinda team they are. And the Bills have been outgained in EIGHT STRAIGHT GAMES...... and some games very badly. Let that sink in folks.

They still won't quit on it and put Peterman in until the bridge is completely burned on Tyrod and the playoffs.

Two more weeks of "make him be a QB" gloating from postgame pressers would be an indicator it's time to move on.

We finally found a season where the Bills actually beat the Broncos and Raiders..plus a solid Falcons team.  The Chargers are certainly not special. The Dolphins and Jets are no threat for the playoffs....The Ravens, Bengals are crap,  the Texans got unlucky w/ injuries and Indy stinks.... 

The AFC really comes down to NE, KC, Pitt and the Jags.   Everyone else is mediocre to garbage.  Amazing if the Bills still can't sneak in to this postseason tournament after 5-2.  What a way to piss away a good start.

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

They are 5-4 now, much like they were in 2008 and 2011 after 9 games. A swan dive is coming primarily because they're not fooling anyone anymore.  Opponents have the solution to Taylor and know they can run on the defense.

These two losses aren't flukes. They're a window into the remaining games of this season.

The jets game was dissapointing.....but the saints are playing very well right now so i dont know how much i would read into that.

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

How about we settle for  

IF  TT is having another bad day - replace him after the half.   

Maybe earlier but McD likes to defer so we can't blame the offense for not scoring first.  

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How about we settle for  

IF  TT is having another bad day - replace him after the half.   

Maybe earlier but McD likes to defer so we can't blame the offense for not scoring first.  

The execs and coaches may be silently cursing the 5-2 start and the schedule holding the Pats back until a few more weeks down the path.

Atlanta lost to Buffalo and Miami, AT HOME!     That's the main thing I'm grasping onto at this point.  The fact that most teams have peaks and valleys but level out at some point.  Just hoping we are through the worst valley and can finish the season on an upswing.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

The execs and coaches may be silently cursing the 5-2 start and the schedule holding the Pats back until a few more weeks down the path.

They need a spark.  Could that spark be sitting Taylor for more than garbage time?  Maybe maybe not.  Something has to light a fire under him to pass the damn ball throughout the whole game and not tiny spurts. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

False expectations from a very hungry and loyal fanbase isn't good to stoke up.

I could have lived with 4-12 if they showed improvement on fundamentals and mental composure.

could lived with 5-11 if they switched to Nate Sunday.  

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

The jets game was dissapointing.....but the saints are playing very well right now so i dont know how much i would read into that.

Are the Saints 5 TDs better than Buffalo? Are the NYJ that much better than Buffalo?

Are the Bills ascending or on the down swing? I see no evidence that even after acquiring Benjamin and having 10 days to prepare for NO that they're anything but bottoming out. People point to 5-4 as if that's good, except they've been thoroughly dominated 2 weeks in a row.

I know they're 5-4. Does anyone think they all of sudden rip of 2 wins at the Chargers, and KC? Or that someone, perhaps Oakland or Baltimore, won't rise out of mediocrity and take the 6th spot in the playoff race.

Just my more sober and attempted reasonable thoughts from my arch-cynical views.  Maybe the next time Tyrod stares down an open target for 2 seconds and instead goes on a panic run it will be his last....

I can't sneer at putting a W on the game no matter how fluky or unjust or ramshackle it was.

and geez but the AFC stinks this year outside of 2 or so teams.

Every season is like the last. We always start off promising. Then for some strange reason motivation disappears by mid season. I'm trying to stay optimistic that by some miracle we can limp to 9 wins. But after these last 2 routs,  it's highly unlikely. Our defense has been exposed. Tyrod is too safe to be our future. At this point continue the rebuild and draft another qb (Randolph) to compete with NP. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Are the Saints 5 TDs better than Buffalo? Are the NYJ that much better than Buffalo?

Are the Bills ascending or on the down swing? I see no evidence that even after acquiring Benjamin and having 10 days to prepare for NO that they're anything but bottoming out. People point to 5-4 as if that's good, except they've been thoroughly dominated 2 weeks in a row.

I know they're 5-4. Does anyone think they all of sudden rip of 2 wins at the Chargers, and KC? Or that someone, perhaps Oakland or Baltimore, won't rise out of mediocrity and take the 6th spot in the playoff race.

Oakland isnt going anywhere. That leaves Balt as the only true contender. Besides Bills might be seeing Hoyer in Foxboro if the Pats beat the Steelers the week before.

12 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Oakland isnt going anywhere. That leaves Balt as the only true contender. Besides Bills might be seeing Hoyer in Foxboro if the Pats beat the Steelers the week before.

that's why we don't know fully

and coaches aren't going to tank without a heck of an assurance from the owner that this is with full approval

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Oh, we've been this route before ... 2008  started 5-2 and went 2-7 down the stretch ... 2011 started 5-2 and went 1-8 down the stretch.   This isn't dire for anybody except for some of the players.  McDermott and his crew isn't getting fired after one season; both Jauron and Gailey got another year despite their teams' collapses.  Neither is Beane even if the team goes 0-9 down the stretch because "the Process" needs to be "trusted" for several more years before it becomes obvious that the new crew is as crappy as the old crew. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

It's not the fans that have quit, it's the team.  Historical trending has given the fanbase nothing to hang hope on, and you can't fault people for walking way from a rotting corpse when they see one.

What concerns me the most is the very conservative play calling despite being blown out against New Orleans. Generally when you are down by multiple scores, that is the time to lay everything out there and be aggressive, go for broke since there is nothing to lose. Maybe they are holding back some of the playbook, but why continue to check down? I think that is the most damning part of this past Sunday is that we have a Head Coach and a Quarterback that are incapable of being aggressive and going off script and are not talented enough to carry this team to the playoffs. Our offensive line is not talented enough to protect our Quarterback. Our pass rush is non-existent and our secondary can be picked on and beaten.

I know based off record alone, the Bills remaining schedule leads one to believe a few more wins are possible, but believe me, those teams paid attention. Anthony Lynn paid attention. Andy Reid paid attention. Adam Gase paid attention, and you know damn well Bill Belichick paid attention. Those head coaches can be aggressive and so can their quarterbacks and defenses. They can adjust. They will punish us and we will finish the season no better than 6-10 or 7-9.

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

But...third times a charm?

Personally it matters very little if we make the playoffs.  If we do, we are just going to get bounced in the first game and I will be able to login in here and read about how everything this team does is wrong.  Pfft.  Screw that, I am fine with them clearing the decks and hopefully fixing this mess from the ground up.  It won't happen overnight.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Gotta say I have my fair share of "we're doomed" posts, particularly yesterday after these last two games - but this is the reality that's fighting everything I've seen in the last two games. 5-4 and their fate is still technically in their hands. It started with the Jets and more so with the Saints but at least we'll know what this current team is made of, if anything to help us figure out what team will be here next year