If I am McBeane...........

njbuff

I am covering my tracks for this year, meaning..................

McCoy is an INVALUABLE member of this team, but he has a history of being banged up.

I don't think any Bills fan is comfortable with Tolbert as a full timer if McCoy goes down.

If there is any move that the Bills make, it should be for Hyde. He is a pending FA, so it really should only cost what they gave up for Dareus.

What do you guys think?

I think if you are McBean you waste little time worrying about “covering tracks.”

You just unloaded an overpaid and underperforming DT, you got rid of a WR that was more hype and potential than reality, you’ve got a basketful of picks in the upcoming draft and your team has its best record since 1993.

I think if you are McBean you waste little time worrying about “covering tracks.”

You just unloaded an overpaid and underperforming DT, you got rid of a WR that was more hype and potential than reality, you’ve got a basketful of picks in the upcoming draft and your team has its best record since 1993.

Whoa, Negative Nellie. Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Shady definitely doesn't have a history of being banged up especially for an NFL RB

He has almost 10,000 yards. He plays... a lot

The Bills probably aren't worried because shady probably told them he's in the best shape of his life and he's down for 300 touches lol

I would agree a nice rb would be a great addition on this squad. I've said it a few times that all the teams upcoming have terrible run defenses and we should be able to feast on them. Add a nice backup and we will end up competing for a division.

Just stop....it's like....you're paying attention. C'mon....be better.

Gotta love a healthy dose of reality :thumbsup:

Though OP's point still stands, right now if Shady goes down, or at any point this season, it's on to next year

Edited by ctk232

Bills were 5-2 in 2008 and 2011

Edited by Starr Almighty

I would say injury to Shady or White would be brutal. I think with this defense and running game we could have Taylor go down for 3 weeks and have Peterman pass for 179 and a TD.

But if Shady or White go down there is no replacement.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

I absolutely think it would take more than a 6th to get hyde. SF could get a higher pick from a comp pick if they just let him walk in FA. There is no urgency for them to move on now vs end of season if its only a 6th rounder. He has neither of the main issues holding back higher compensation on the Dareus trade, absurd contract and escalated status in the drug program.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I wouldn't mind trading for Hyde. He's a very good back on a terrible team. But anything more than a 4th, and I'd pass.

However, I highly doubt the Bills trade for him. Next man up, and worry about in in the draft.

And that is relevant how? How many players from that team are on this team?

Because someone said it's the best record since 1993...it's not.

I absolutely think it would take more than a 6th to get hyde. SF could get a higher pick from a comp pick if they just let him walk in FA. There is no urgency for them to move on now vs end of season if its only a 6th rounder. He has neither of the main issues holding back higher compensation on the Dareus trade, absurd contract and escalated status in the drug program.

For those reasons, I don't think Hyde's the guy.

But I would love to see them upgrade the #2 RB spot, a bit. In the event Shady goes down (ugh), the Bills can probably find a FA RB, or sign one off another team's PS, who can deliver---at least reasonably well.

McCoy is an INVALUABLE member of this team, but he has a history of being banged up.

I don't think any Bills fan is comfortable with Tolbert as a full timer if McCoy goes down.

If there is any move that the Bills make, it should be for Hyde. He is a pending FA, so it really should only cost what they gave up for Dareus.

What do you guys think?

I think if there is any move to make, it would be to acquire another CB and keep Shareece Wright off the field.

:thumbsup:

What do you guys think?

You are never replacing LeSean McCoy, he is a top 5 back in the league so it should always be a next man up mentality, McBeane has put his stamp on this roster so he better be right that Tolbert, Banyard and Taiwan Jones can handle the workload if McCoy goes down.