So, 4-12 predictors...how's that working out?

OCinBuffalo

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 1:55 AM, OCinBuffalo said:

Did you think you "knew football" better than the rest of us? :lol: Really? Wait, are you a "realist"? :lol::wacko:

Are you gonna sit in front of me at a pre-season game, and give me more JV coach analysis? Do I need to bring back my "fancy circles and arrows" threads, which I allowed Jeremy White to steal, because I am lazy, and it's his job anyway?

Hint: when any team can run, and stop the run, how in the **** name of God did you figure it only gets 4 wins?

Check it out: ATS Rankings

The Bills continue to cash tickets after blasting the Raiders as short home favorites on Sunday.

:lol:Link

EDIT: But, now that I think about it....how many of you were really going to put your $$$ where your mouth resides? Please. Much easier to S___post on TSW, right? It costs you nothing, but, it costs our time.

^ I blame this guy going ape crap when 5-2 ^ 

On record as 5 here! Regardless, predicting 4 wasnt too far off, at this point. If this is your claim for victory, good on ya :-) I guess we all need something since this team sucks the life out of everyone.

7 hours ago, OJABBA said:

7-9 to 9-7....it's just where the middling teams fall.

They have 6 games left and will win 2 or 3.

Will they? Tackling is a huge issue right now- they may win 1 more game imo.

I see us being around 8-8.  We play Miami twice still and the Colts.  I also believe they will pull out a home win vs. a team they shouldn't beat.

I just rolled my eyes a few weeks ago when everyone said this 5-2 "felt different."  Everyone said the same thing when Fitztragic was throwing for 300 yards and 4 TD's in shoot outs the first half of 2011 and the D was making eye popping turnovers.  

Bottom line is the only thing that would feel different is something that IS different.  Like a reaching a winning record they haven't had before, or actually making the playoffs.  

Otherwise 5-2 is 5-2.  There is nothing to feel different about it.  Now we know there is good reason not to.

32 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

On record as 5 here! Regardless, predicting 4 wasnt too far off, at this point. If this is your claim for victory, good on ya :-) I guess we all need something since this team sucks the life out of everyone.

Will they? Tackling is a huge issue right now- they may win 1 more game imo.

Opposing offenses are opening holes the size of trailer homes vs our DL.  You can't tackle someone when your five yards away from them.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:35 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

This is why you don’t call people out midseason.

Just statin’.

I called out 4-12 predictors...after we won 5 games. 

Just statin'.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

....the 5-2 UNANTICIPATED "quick start" created Greenspan's "irrational exuberance" and spawned threads like this....."three year rebuild?....forget it...we're all fixed (COUGH)"....the 5-11 or 6-10 gang MORE realistically made their forecasts understanding this is a MAJOR year in transition (hopefully JUST ONE).......hell, look at the more predominant clubs that were forecasted to be MAJOR contenders that are now wallowing in mediocrity and those who weren't even on the radar now predominating....my 7-9 ain't lookin' too good....

And, if anyone here really thinks the Bills will lose the rest of their games? Lay it down already. All of the 4-12 people are just as wrong today as they were when I posted. I mean come on: Just bell curving the rest of the season means 8-8. IF you don't understand that: never gamble, on anything, ever.

Ok 5-11 people, are you telling us that you knew that our excellent running game in games 1-7 would up and disappear... in games 8-10? How about our run D? Yeah, you predicted that after running and stopping the run very well, we'd suddenly be unable to do either, lose 3 games...

....and therefore now we're a 5-11 team, just like you said, all along? :wacko: We're supposed to believe that? :lol: Please. Nobody on this board predicted that both our lines would go from good to awful, instantly, for 3 games. Just stop.

See the thing about sports, that those who haven't played at the D1+ level don't know is: sometimes things just happen. You do everything right(because when you play a real D1 team sport, it is a min. 4 hour/day job): film, practice, eating, sleep, attitude, preparation....but then at game time everything every little thing goes wrong, which makes a lot of big things go wrong, and you end the game asking not what just happened, but how? It's often dumbfounding.

What the "my sports career ended in youth league/high school" fan doesn't know is:  the next game,  after doing everything the same, often up against a better team, it all swings from crap to great, and it's just as mystifying. 

EDIT: And, if things do swing with the lines, where will the 5-11 people be? Dumbfounded? Mystified? :lol:

So please, spare us the S___posts. Posters have a coin flip chance of being right or wrong about this team the rest of the season. While the smart $ is on 8-8, not 5-11, it's still merely a regression of a coin flip. Basing an argument on the merits coin flip outcomes, wastes our time.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:55 AM, OCinBuffalo said:

Did you think you "knew football" better than the rest of us? :lol: Really? Wait, are you a "realist"? :lol::wacko:

Are you gonna sit in front of me at a pre-season game, and give me more JV coach analysis? Do I need to bring back my "fancy circles and arrows" threads, which I allowed Jeremy White to steal, because I am lazy, and it's his job anyway?

Hint: when any team can run, and stop the run, how in the **** name of God did you figure it only gets 4 wins?

Check it out: ATS Rankings

The Bills continue to cash tickets after blasting the Raiders as short home favorites on Sunday.

:lol:Link

EDIT: But, now that I think about it....how many of you were really going to put your $$$ where your mouth resides? Please. Much easier to S___post on TSW, right? It costs you nothing, but, it costs our time.

You make no sense.

Bills can't stop the run or run on most teams now.

They will be lucky to win one more game so 5 win season is a very distinct possibility. Prognosticating 4 wins and team ending with 5 is right on the money.

On 11/21/2017 at 12:16 AM, Idandria said:

Wins against the Fish and Colts will put us at 7-9.. right where we belong. Another forgettable season. 

That was the worst case scenario everyone was afraid of... most fans wanted to make the playoffs- but if we couldn’t most want the bills to lose as much as possible for the better draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

....Jesus , "grip it and rip it" over the last 17 years and the prognostications....."14-2, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, .....the schneid is OVER....we're going...playoffs...SB.....yada yada".......and we're closing in on Year 18 with all of the top to bottom newness and overcoming organizational upheaval AS EXPECTED.....torture yourself or realistically look to one or two years from now.....jello happens overnight, not repairing this club....if...when....or whenever.............

On 11/20/2017 at 3:20 PM, OJABBA said:

7-9 to 9-7....it's just where the middling teams fall.

They have 6 games left and will win 2 or 3.

This was a "middling" team last season.  McDermott and Beane have fixed that.  They've turned it into an expansion team.  Maybe they win 1 more but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Edited by SoTier

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

That was the worst case scenario everyone was afraid of... most fans wanted to make the playoffs- but if we couldn’t most want the bills to lose as much as possible for the better draft pick.

Spot on, boom or bust!

If the Bills can't go 4-2 from here out there is zero reason to win another game as it just hurts us like it has so many years prior.

Some people forget but the way the late 80's and 90's team were built came from from these poor records

1982 4-5 (NFL strike year) = 83 draft - Jim Kelly and Daryl Talley

1983 8-8 = 84 draft - BLAH! - Greg Bell

1984  2-14 = 85 draft - Bruce and Reed

1985 2-14 = 86 draft - Will Wolford

1986 4-12 = 87 draft - Colan, Odoms, House

1987  7-8 (NFL strike year) = 88 draft - Thurman Thomas

6 year span 27-61 record

1988 up - Magic began to happen

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

This was a "middling" team last season.  McDermott and Beane have fixed that.  They've turned it into an expansion team.  Maybe they win 1 more but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Meh, they are just in a slump. Plenty of bad teams ( or decent teams having a bad day) ahead on the schedule. 

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Spot on, boom or bust!

If the Bills can't go 4-2 from here out there is zero reason to win another game as it just hurts us like it has so many years prior.

Some people forget but the way the late 80's and 90's team were built came from from these poor records

1986 4-12 = 87 draft - Colon, Odoms, House

6 year span 27-61 record

The tyrod cheerleaders/McBeane haters have ZERO sense of historical perspective. You sir, do. Excellent post 

Edited by joesixpack

21 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Meh, they are just in a slump. Plenty of bad teams ( or decent teams having a bad day) ahead on the schedule. 

37-21, 46-10, and 54-24 constitute the worst three game span in the Bills history.  It constitutes a collapse, and it will be a moral victory for the Bills if they can at least be competitive against the Chiefs and Pats in the next two games.  Don't bet more than you'd like to lose on them doing that, though.

Well, I started out at 6-10... I then revised it downward to 4-12 after the trades... Opening day I said that both teams were very bad and that the Bills could be contending for a top 5 draft pick... So they are at 5 wins and may get blown away the next two weeks by KC and N.Eng... with one more loss to N.Eng later on to come... A split with Miami? All this seems pretty consistent with my forecasts going into this season...

So where are all those "Koolaid Drinkers" who were talking  "Playoffs" a couple weeks ago?

Edited by DefenseWins

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

1986 4-12 = 87 draft - Colan, Odoms, House

6 year span 27-61 record

That was pre-free agency......and the salary cap.........with a huge assist from the USFL folding..........so not applicable.

Been well documented the issues with Bills stars back in the 1980's........McD would have declined Kelly's 5th year option and traded Bruce and Andre for someone's comp picks.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That was pre-free agency......and the salary cap.........with a huge assist from the USFL folding..........so not applicable.

Been well documented the issues with Bills stars back in the 1980's........McD would have declined Kelly's 5th year option and traded Bruce and Andre for someone's comp picks.:thumbsup:

That sounds like the 7-year plan post a couple weeks ago.

Actually, the USFL folding didn't have much to do with it; without drafting Kelly the Bills wouldn't have had his rights, so I'm not sure why that matters. And several years of high draft picks were pivotal in building a very strong core of young players, something that we don't have now unless T. White all by himself counts as a "core." Maybe we should nickname him "Core"

• Like (+1) 1