I'm sure there is a Zay thread

jumbalaya

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zay will be phased out in the next few weeks. Matthews, DT and Holmes will be our trio going forward.

Yes maybe so. Not to de-rail the thread or anything, but DT had a hell of a game. Specially being only a week into the offense. Guess he must still have some chemistry with Tyrod.

Very glad they picked him up. Didn't expect that big a game from him myself.

Hey the kid made a couple important catches toward the end of the game. Let's see if he's gotten over the yips.

He didn't have a bad game. Made 2 players he should make and didn't get many targets.

Stop hating on the kid he was friendly and positive when I met him and is improving

He didn't have a bad game. Made 2 players he should make and didn't get many targets.

Stop hating on the kid he was friendly and positive when I met him and is improving

I think he had the most targets of any Bills receiver. After six games, he needs to get past the dropsies. So far, it seems that TT has faith in him, but that can wane if he doesn't step it up. At bottom, he's caught too many balls in college for me to believe he's not a legit #2 in the NFL. He needs a statement game soon.

9 targets is kind of a lot, actually. Tons of room for improvement, but he made plays late when we needed him to and that'll go a long way in boosting his confidence.

According to the box score, he was targeted 9 times.. for 2 catches. This brings him to 23 targets on the year with only 5 catches

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, he definitely has the physical tools to get the job done. It's just a matter of getting over his case of the dropsies. You don't catch as many balls as he did in college with stone hands.

For what its worth Jerry Rice had a lot of drops in the first half of his rookie year. He has a lot to prove, but I hope he gets a chance. Its still so early, especially for a WR. Not everyone at that position comes in and performs like OBJ. WR is especially hard transition. His brain probably just needs to cacthup to the demamds of the progame, and, then hopefully, his natural ability will finally come out. Disclaimer: Im NOT his agent. :)

According to the box score, he was targeted 9 times.. for 2 catches. This brings him to 23 targets on the year with only 5 catches

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, he definitely has the physical tools to get the job done. It's just a matter of getting over his case of the dropsies. You don't catch as many balls as he did in college with stone hands.

Not saying he didn't have 9 targets

But it felt more like 4 that was in his area one he dropped one played well and 2 catches

I might be wrong and that's fine but even mounds had a rough first year

Didn't get many targets............................

Someone didn't watch the game or had 10 too many

I found this at encyclopedia.com:

"Rice's rookie season had a rocky start. He dropped a record fifteen passes, a feat not lost on the press or the fans. In retrospect, Rice blamed his early failures on the complex offense that Walsh ran. He simply had to learn the moves, he said, to the point where he could run a play without thinking about it."

My fingers are crossed that Zay gets it, but true story: my kids were playing that game where we throw the football around and whoever drops it get a letter. We call it three drops sometimes. And my thirteen-year old daughter said, "Lets call it ZAY for Zay Jones." And for about an hour yesterday we played "Zay."

Why this kid is on the start with Brandon Reilly on the PS is beyond me. This is just the Bills trying to make a second round pick look good because his position coach is someone who had experience with him in college.

Totally dumb. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

He is struggling. Badly. Regime needs to stand by it's own mottos and make him sit. He's not helping us.

I found this at encyclopedia.com:

"Rice's rookie season had a rocky start. He dropped a record fifteen passes, a feat not lost on the press or the fans. In retrospect, Rice blamed his early failures on the complex offense that Walsh ran. He simply had to learn the moves, he said, to the point where he could run a play without thinking about it."

My fingers are crossed that Zay gets it, but true story: my kids were playing that game where we throw the football around and whoever drops it get a letter. We call it three drops sometimes. And my thirteen-year old daughter said, "Lets call it ZAY for Zay Jones." And for about an hour yesterday we played "Zay."

Oh boy