Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haters be haters. When you got a talent like that, we should've used him more. I'm glad he spoke out, because we sure as heck didn't use him until he spoke up! If he didn't, we'd be using him less. Sometimes you have to speak out.

It was only after he spoke out TT began throwing to him, even when its 50/50 balls. And Sammy was going up and grabbing them. That's when their relationship turned out far more productive. I'm glad HE SPOKE UP.

Well be better SPEAK UP in LA too because hes on pace for an "elite" 800yd season.

And now people cant say "if he only had a real QB". He has a #1 overall pick at QB, something so many people here keep pining for.

Edited by bobobonators

This is probably what Hogan was talking about when he signed with NE. Oh well, the trade makes more sense now.

I'm curious to see what happens if they start losing and he doesn't see more targets.

Edited by elroy16

Did you not read the quote? He said he was more concerned with his performance than the team winning. That seems contradictory to what you are saying.

I worded it a little off. Yes Watkins saying what he said and meaning it is disturbing and goes beyond the regular "I want to perform thinking" I typed.

As I said in the OTHER THREAD, it was All About Sammy, All The Time. He only cared about how he looked. He didn't want Rex to force him to play through his injury last year, because it would make him look bad. When he did play, even though he was limping, he wanted to be targeted a lot, because otherwise he'd look bad. Even when they won a game, if he wasn't targeted enough (because he was limping, or because of the gamplan), he'd make noise in the locker room.

Sounds like a real POS to me.

I halfway don't blame him. How many players piss their talents away, or have it pissed away for them by the team they play for? The red, white & blue circus the Ryan Bros. ran would make anyone despondent.

That's why Sammy will only ever be good. In most cases Great players make their team great instead of sitting around waiting for their team to make them great.

That is why he was traded. Makes sense now in hindsight. There were rumblings before, but most assumed it was just to make Buffalo look good by trading him. That trade combination makes alot sense. Both Matthews and Gaines have came in and started and played well, I think both those players will be targeted to be resigned. Add in the draft picks received they look like really shrewd moves.

That's why Sammy will only ever be good. In most cases Great players make their team great instead of sitting around waiting for their team to make them great.

Exactly.

Soft isn't necessarily a physical thing, it's often mental. To much " boo hoo hoo, I'm not happy, I'm not gonna play with you guys" crap.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

It's not like he was loafing on the field or not trying to win.

As you probably know, creating a real team is more than just playing talented players. There is more to the equation than just talent.

And let's be real here, it's not as if he was putting up monster numbers or for that matter really good numbers on any sort of a consistent basis. When you factor in his injury history, attitude, lack of consistent production and what his own self-perceived value on the open market, the decision to trade him had lots of merit. He may end up being an all-world receiver who goes on to have an illustrious career but the reasoning to part ways with him was sound.