Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that he admitted it...yes.

that its true...no.

admitting it is far from altering it

As I said in the OTHER THREAD, it was All About Sammy, All The Time. He only cared about how he looked. He didn't want Rex to force him to play through his injury last year, because it would make him look bad. When he did play, even though he was limping, he wanted to be targeted a lot, because otherwise he'd look bad. Even when they won a game, if he wasn't targeted enough (because he was limping, or because of the gamplan), he'd make noise in the locker room.

Sounds like a real POS to me.

agree.

All counts. I still bet it is a matter of time before more comes out.

I'm very impressed that he recognized his bad behavior and acknowledged that he shouldn't have done it. Good for him.

I agree.

However, once the Rams come back down to Earth and lose a few games and fans wonder why he's had nagging injuries and isn't more dominant, how long until he writes an Instagram post blasting the fans?

That is why he was traded. Makes sense now in hindsight. There were rumblings before, but most assumed it was just to make Buffalo look good by trading him. That trade combination makes alot sense. Both Matthews and Gaines have came in and started and played well, I think both those players will be targeted to be resigned. Add in the draft picks received they look like really shrewd moves.

This has nothing to do with Watkins. I really like Mathews. He's demonstrated multiple times the ability to turn a short pass into a big play.

The injuries are annoying given he started 46/48 games in his career until buffalo.

This is shocking.

....doesn't make much sense and what the hell can you believe that you read today anyway?.......would make MORE sense if he alluded to his injury as well as related personal performances and how IT impacted the team winning games, which I would not say is selfish........thought I remember him playing banged up in some games which would be a contradiction.....

He's dead to me.

☠️

This is how I feel; he's not on the team anymore. Who gives a rat's ass what he says about anything?

The guy is a moron; if he isn't playing football for my Bills, my interest in him is officially zero.

As you probably know, creating a real team is more than just playing talented players. There is more to the equation than just talent.

And let's be real here, it's not as if he was putting up monster numbers or for that matter really good numbers on any sort of a consistent basis. When you factor in his injury history, attitude, lack of consistent production and what his own self-perceived value on the open market, the decision to trade him had lots of merit. He may end up being an all-world receiver who goes on to have an illustrious career but the reasoning to part ways with him was sound.

Except when he bitched the "team" did what he asked and was drastically, dramatically more dynamic.

Diva-mentality seems to be an occupational hazard with talented wide receivers. It was pretty clear Watkins was afflicted, because every so often he insisted on putting foot into mouth. However, on the diva-scale, he barely registered against your Beckmans or Terrell Owens of yore. And I don't think I ever heard any suggestion he lost the locker room, or caused problems behind the scenes. One thing to remember is he played a lot of games last year for the Bills with a broken foot. It doesn't hurt to remember that.

Edited by grb

Except when he bitched the "team" did what he asked and was drastically, dramatically more dynamic.

They put up more points but it sounds like it may have come at the expense of the development of Tyrod and the rest of the offense, as well as team chemistry. Keep in mind this is not a storied franchise with lots of vets who have won deep into the playoffs - this is a relatively fragile locker room.

They put up more points but it sounds like it may have come at the expense of the development of Tyrod and the rest of the offense, as well as team chemistry. Keep in mind this is not a storied franchise with lots of vets who have won deep into the playoffs - this is a relatively fragile locker room.

Then get tougher guys. Those are the kind that win. ;)

If he were a Free agent, how much would should the Bills be willing to pay for Sammy to retain him on a long term contract?

$9M a year?

$10M?

$12M?

$15M?

$17M+?

Edited by Magox

If he were a Free agent, how much would should the Bills be willing to pay for Sammy to retain him on a long term contract?

$9M a year?

$10M?

$12M?

$15M?

$17M+?

0 IF any of these quotes are true.....he left on less than desirable terms then....would be like trying to re-sign Marshawn or Peters....yup that may work (COUGH)......

$9M a year?

$10M?

$12M?

$15M?

$17M+?

Somewhere between 12-15. You cannot win the whole enchilada without stars. We have one. Shady.

We are playing great now and McD has won me over, but it is not going to continue like this. We are not going 12-4, consistently beating the best teams in the league, and giving up four passing TDs the entire year. We have been extraodinarily lucky with injuries, too, up until now. If we had Sammy we would be a legitimate threat.

At least he's admitting to being a lockerroom cancer which was some fans insisted wasn't the case.

Probably also another reason Beane and McD wanted him gone.

"Cancer" is a bit too strong a word. None of us had any clue how he interacted with teammates and coaches during his time here. He was never in the news as a guy who was turning things upside down in the locker room. In fact, he was beginning to emerge as an outspoken leader. I remember after the 2015 season ended he said something like, if guys aren't buying in they need to go, myself included. I liked that he was starting to show some of those traits.

And the reason he's gone is because they knew he had no intention of re-signing here.

Somewhere between 12-15. You cannot win the whole enchilada without stars. We have one. Shady.

We are playing great now and McD has won me over, but it is not going to continue like this. We are not going 12-4, consistently beating the best teams in the league, and giving up four passing TDs the entire year. We have been extraodinarily lucky with injuries, too, up until now. If we had Sammy we would be a legitimate threat.

Yeah, I don't see that he's earned $12M-$15M a year sort of contract. At this stage after your Rookie contract it should be based on what you've done not based on potential.

I'm sure some team would pay around $12M a year sort of contract based off of his pedigree, but no one in their right mind can make an argument based off of his achievements that he's earned anything near $15M a year.