Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the OTHER THREAD, it was All About Sammy, All The Time. He only cared about how he looked. He didn't want Rex to force him to play through his injury last year, because it would make him look bad. When he did play, even though he was limping, he wanted to be targeted a lot, because otherwise he'd look bad. Even when they won a game, if he wasn't targeted enough (because he was limping, or because of the gamplan), he'd make noise in the locker room.

Sounds like a real POS to me.

Marshawn Lynch was a real POS too........then the Bills traded him at age 24.

As I've said MANY times over MANY years here.........when you draft a 20 year old kid onto a losing culture/rudderless ship and expect him to be a star player.......you are asking to fail.

I've rarely seen such consensus on TSW that a player was a complete POS and was guaranteed to fail elsewhere as when Marshawn Lynch was traded........obviously a lot of idiots on TSW.

They had weathered the worst of the problems with Lynch.......just as they had with Watkins.........at that age, things change fast.

But AT LEAST they had Jackson when they dealt Lynch......and had addressed the position with a potential star talent in CJ Spiller........there was NOTHING behind Watkins and "Drop Zone" Jones was low ceiling/high floor prospect who has shown a much lower floor than imagined.

The Matthews trade just yielded them a better posession WR than Holmes..........the Watkins trade only made ANY sense if the team was tanking and the Rams were going to be bad.

So far the trade has cost the Bills one game and it's going to take a HERCULEAN effort from Tyrod Taylor to prevent a second loss Sunday..........in a game that they would probably be favored in if they had any kind of reliable WR talent.

Marshawn Lynch was a real POS too........then the Bills traded him at age 24.

As I've said MANY times over MANY years here.........when you draft a 20 year old kid onto a losing culture/rudderless ship and expect him to be a star player.......you are asking to fail.

I've rarely seen such consensus on TSW that a player was a complete POS and was guaranteed to fail elsewhere as when Marshawn Lynch was traded........obviously a lot of idiots on TSW.

They had weathered the worst of the problems with Lynch.......just as they had with Watkins.........at that age, things change fast.

But AT LEAST they had Jackson when they dealt Lynch......and had addressed the position with a potential star talent in CJ Spiller........there was NOTHING behind Watkins and "Drop Zone" Jones was low ceiling/high floor prospect who has shown a much lower floor than imagined.

The Matthews trade just yielded them a better posession WR than Holmes..........the Watkins trade only made ANY sense if the team was tanking and the Rams were going to be bad.

So far the trade has cost the Bills one game and it's going to take a HERCULEAN effort from Tyrod Taylor to prevent a second loss Sunday..........in a game that they would probably be favored in if they had any kind of reliable WR talent.

Drop zone Jones!! That's brilliant

Also, spot on post.

Andre Reed wanted the ball on every play and was in Jim Kelly's ear all of the time. He was often a moody PITA. He'd have to go too I'm guessing.

This is sad. Im guessing you werent even alive during the period and on e again making things ip to support Sammys non team like attitude.

Then McD needs to mature as a HC such that he can manage talented players who want to contribute. He could learn a lesson from Levy in that regard.

Contributing is that what you cal when a player doesnt care about the teams win loss record?

This is sad. Im guessing you werent even alive during the period and on e again making things ip to support Sammys non team like attitude.

Contributing is that what you cal when a player doesnt care about the teams win loss record?

Guess again cupcake.

The only one of those guys to ever win a SB was Keyshawn and that was after his ego was largely deflated.

It's understandable from a personal standpoint that Watkins would have these feelings, but that doesn't necessarily mean you want that in your locker room. Especially when you're trying to change the culture with a team-first mentality.

Should I go with super bowl MVP santonio Holmes? Or plaxico?

Or like any of the Seahawks (which includes Percy from my list AND golden Tate)

These comments aren't ideal but they barely register as any locker room cancer

I know we love the romantic team first run through a brick wall for the love of the game fairy tale and there's a degree of truth to it

but teams are successful and players are happy when they feel they are put into positions best showcase their talents. Some coaches are great with that and some are not.

Edited by NoSaint

Should I go with super bowl MVP santonio Holmes? Or plaxico?

Or like any of the Seahawks (which includes Percy from my list AND golden Tate)

These comments aren't ideal but they barely register as any locker room cancer

I know we love the romantic team first run through a brick wall for the love of the game fairy tale and there's a degree of truth to it

but teams are successful and players are happy when they feel they are put into positions best showcase their talents. Some coaches are great with that and some are not.

!@#$! I forgot about that. Damn yous!

I don't disagree with your broader point, and I never fault a player for putting himself first (I'd rather double my income than see the Bills win too), but I can also understand coaches trying to change the culture from a perennial loser to one with a team-first outlook trying to get value for a guy that isn't buying in and who they don't think wants to be there and/or won't re-sign.

That doesn't mean he can't be an asset to a successful team, but I can see why he wasn't part of their plan.

Then McD needs to mature as a HC such that he can manage talented players who want to contribute. He could learn a lesson from Levy in that regard.

Exactly. He needs to be the kind of coach who instills no discipline and lets his players get liquored and coked up all night on the night before four !@#$ing super bowls.

Levy was so overrated, it's not even funny.

My Clemson alum buddy told me a couple of years back that Watson was very selfish and his least favorite tiger of all time.

Did you mean to say Watkins?

i still wonder what we'd look like with Sammy and Darby in our lineup. Wish we could have kept them both.

I saw our lineup with those two guys in it the past two years. It was nothing special.

These young guys need to go back & watch the likes of Jerry Rice, Earl Campbell, Larry Czonka, & many others that use to be the best of the best & when it came their time to shine they did it with their play not with their mouth .

In todays NFL its the "It's all about ME league"!! That's why ratings are down .

We have one still on the team in Dareus he now has the big money & he's not playing to win or be the best at his craft he's there to collect a pay check !! McD & company got rid of Sammy before that & maybe impart due to his comment on how he needed to be paid A LOT MORE MONEY ...

I hope Sammy has learned a bit about himself & how this is a TEAM sport & it takes more than one player. McD has the Bills playing as a team , not a bunch of ME Stars running around the field !

I think some way Dareus will be gone next year seeing as they have proven that they can do it with out his pro bowl input & he will be the next to hopefully learn something like Sammy did !!!

Edited by T master

I don't disagree with your broader point, and I never fault a player for putting himself first (I'd rather double my income than see the Bills win too), but I can also understand coaches trying to change the culture from a perennial loser to one with a team-first outlook trying to get value for a guy that isn't buying in and who they don't think wants to be there and/or won't re-sign.

That doesn't mean he can't be an asset to a successful team, but I can see why he wasn't part of their plan.

Of course it's easy to see WHY they traded him.

I often get wrongly accused of not owning up to being wrong on TSW............but if people only knew just how willing to lose battles to win wars I have always been.........because I know pride and ego are KILLERS in business........and the trades of Watkins, Lynch and Peters were surrenders for the sake of pride and ego.

Some, like Chan Gailey, think they are too weak for the challenge........and they might be right, Chan was not HC material(ask GA Tech)..........but with McDermott........I think it was just a potentially VERY costly rookie mistake.

Edited by #BADOL

Exactly. He needs to be the kind of coach who instills no discipline and lets his players get liquored and coked up all night on the night before four !@#$ing super bowls.

Levy was so overrated, it's not even funny.

He was out-coached in all the Superbowls.

I feel we were completely outclassed in the 2nd against Washington where coaching would not have mattered. The Dallas games maybe could have gone our way had the games been played in a different manner from the beginning. Better coaching could have helped.

XXV was our year; we were the best team and Parcells and Belichick executed a perfect game plan out coaching Levy and our coaching staff.

I have always said that if XXV had been played 9 more times for 10 in total, we would have won 9 of the games. We were easily the better team. Not on that day back in 1991 however!

He was out-coached in all the Superbowls.

I feel we were completely outclassed in the 2nd against Washington where coaching would not have mattered. The Dallas games maybe could have gone our way had the games been played in a different manner from the beginning. Better coaching could have helped.

XXV was our year; we were the best team and Parcells and Belichick executed a perfect game plan out coaching Levy and our coaching staff.

I have always said that if XXV had been played 9 more times for 10 in total, we would have won 9 of the games. We were easily the better team. Not on that day back in 1991 however!

The Giants beat a hung over Bills team because Marv Levy had no control. Period.

I thought you'd like that one!

That aside though - I don't think we are tooooo far apart on opinion. I don't think either of us get terribly wrapped up in the soap opera or self created story lines and romanticizing the game. Attitude matters, but I think we both get that some individualism is fine.

How bad it was behind the scenes and whether it was needed- I could see breaking either way. They are doing well creating a culture but I don't know if they amputating useful parts in an abundance of caution about not leaving an infectious piece behind

Drop zone Jones!! That's brilliant

Also, spot on post.

Thanks.

Jones was the weak-link in the nickname department of this draft class..........3D White and Chawklit Thunder Dawkins were easy..........unfortunately Jones has EARNED a less flattering moniker.

He needs to get angry about it and get out of his own head. Guy had velcro mits in college, but so did Josh Reed.