Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

I heard Zay talking about Sammy after the trade and he was literally gushing about how much Sammy did for him. He couldn't believe a star like that would take the time. Granted Zay is a positive guy. He said the same about Boldin. But if anything he was at least as much or more effusive about Sammy. Watkins was talking about two years ago.

If only Sam taught Zay how to catch before he left.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like he was loafing on the field or not trying to win.

How was his blocking downfield?

I never really noticed.

Team game

and yes

I told youse all so.

Not just the contract not just the health issue.But whole package was a tough pill going forward.

Sucks and yet is was likely the right thing long term.

Anyone else wearing very long hair left on the Team BTW ?

And I think Whaley said Ebron would have been the pick otherwise.

he did say something like that for sure.

Struck me at the time.

yes they were very high on obj and most people here were bashing the idea because he wasn't tall. Thought 9 was a huge reach. I personally can't stand the guy now but from a pure talent standpoint would have been an excellent pick at that point of the draft.

and then you would have said the same about Watkins.

we all would have really been fine with that. From a pure talent standpoint.

And he was hardly injury prone till he became a Bill. Then it was full on for him. That is a story in itself.

I don't think Whaley actually ever said that. I think that was driven by media speculation knowing we needed a TE and later rumors turning into fact. I could be mistaken though.

As 3 and 12 stated he did say that at an event for season ticket holders. He was asked if he couldn't have swung a deal who would he have selected at his drafting position? He stated Hebron.

Sure I'm a team player... And a team of mes would go 0-16.... Dream on koombaya

Relax hippy. I want more weapons at WR, this article just shows mcderm is all about the team mentality roster.

Addition via subtraction seems to be working fantastically for us.

We still might need to subtract the OL coach and run run pass play calls with tolbert running stretch plays instead of shady, we still need more weapons at WR tho, im sure we draft a new one in the top 3 rounds this draft.

As 3 and 12 stated he did say that at an event for season ticket holders. He was asked if he couldn't have swung a deal who would he have selected at his drafting position? He stated Hebron.

Interesting. I never seen an actual quote from him. Maybe I will try to dig it up.

I don't think Whaley actually ever said that. I think that was driven by media speculation knowing we needed a TE and later rumors turning into fact. I could be mistaken though.

I think he said it.

as i mentioned it stuck in my mind ( not much does anymore) and i questioned Whaley on his Drafting Watkins as he did, and I would have questioned drafting Ebron at 9.

A TE was not going to move the needle much at all in his win now mode

I think he said it.

as i mentioned it stuck in my mind ( not much does anymore) and i questioned Whaley on his Drafting Watkins as he did, and I would have questioned drafting Ebron at 9.

I also remember this.

I heard Zay talking about Sammy after the trade and he was literally gushing about how much Sammy did for him. He couldn't believe a star like that would take the time. Granted Zay is a positive guy. He said the same about Boldin. But if anything he was at least as much or more effusive about Sammy. Watkins was talking about two years ago.

The trading of Watkins is a deal that is going to benefit not only Watkins but also the team that dealt him. He's on a team where the qb is not only a better passer and will continue to improve but their offense is more likely to be more pass oriented at least compared to ours. Right now the Rams's HC is keeping it simple for Goff but the more he gets acclimated the more expansive the offense will get.

The Bills got a starting CB and a second round pick for Watkins. In addition, in the near future this team is going to have more cap flexibility to bring in more talent. As far as I'm concerned it worked out well for everyone.

oh was it there lol.

J kidding on this one.

Having some fun at Sammies expense.

I did keep working my little job like he told us.

Maybe Stevie could have sent him a "Why So Serious" Tshirt. Chilled him right out and be good.

One of the issues might have been Leadership (lack of )and Coaching changes. And a Mentor of worthiness.

Takes a while to build a culture.

Bills are just beginning to do that.

Draft Watkins at nine next year as a do over ? as the College Player he was then.

Yes I would do it 110% !

and I would have used him more like he was used in College.

YAC.

J kidding on this one.

Having some fun at Sammies expense.

I did keep working my little job like he told us.

Maybe Stevie could have sent him a "Why So Serious" Tshirt. Chilled him right out and be good.

One of the issues might have been Leadership (lack of )and Coaching changes. And a Mentor of worthiness.

Takes a while to build a culture.

Bills are just beginning to do that.

Draft Watkins at nine next year as a do over ? as the College Player he was then.

Yes I would do it 110% !

and I would have used him more like he was used in College.

YAC.

Yeah so was I and so did I lol.

I think he said it.

There was a clip I saw of a season holder event (maybe it was a draft day event) where he was asked whom he would have taken if the deal he made to draft Watkins didn't work out? He said Hebron. I may be crazy but I'm not delusional. :lol:

Yeah so was I and so did I lol.

we are who we are :thumbsup:

i will try to keep in mind you have a reasonable sense of humor :beer:

ty

There was a clip I saw of a season holder event (maybe it was a draft day event) where he was asked whom he would have taken if the deal he made to draft Watkins didn't work out? He said Hebron. I may be crazy but I'm not delusional. :lol:

Delusional you are not at all. Always appreciate your contributions here.

Carzy knows Carazy . When Crazy sees Crayzie

Edited by 3rdand12

Really bad look on Sammy. Looking at this trade now with what we got in EJ Gaines and the second round pick it really looks like a great trade for us.

It's a ways away, but if The Bils make the playoffs this year and have all of those draft picks in 2018, those boys pulling the trigger will be dubbed geniuses. The Darby and Watkins trades could go down as monumental for the Bills for the next decade. The most diehard Sammy fan can't deny that. Any fan who isn't excited about the next 10 years is being negative just to be negative.