Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't miss Sammy one bit.

So overrated by people on here.

Look at the dudes production so far this year. We got Gaines and a second rounder. Another good move by MCBEAN!

His production would likely be higher here at this time as he already had a rapport and chemistry with Tyrod Taylor. When you are the new target and haven't been through the OTA s and practices with a QB it will take a little time. Thrown in Gurley, Kupp and Woods and there a re only so many balls to go around. SW would easily be the Bills top target right now. It's far too early to say if the move was a good one. For now, the team is less potent offensively.

His production would likely be higher here at this time as he already had a rapport and chemistry with Tyrod Taylor. When you are the new target and haven't been through the OTA s and practices with a QB it will take a little time. Thrown in Gurley, Kupp and Woods and there a re only so many balls to go around. SW would easily be the Bills top target right now. It's far too early to say if the move was a good one. For now, the team is less potent offensively.

Are Gurley Kupp and Woods better than McCoy Matthews Jones and Clay??? I don't see that as having any relevance to Watkins weak production. I say he is overrated and overpaid, and thankfully not by the Bills.

Are Gurley Kupp and Woods better than McCoy Matthews Jones and Clay??? I don't see that as having any relevance to Watkins weak production. I say he is overrated and overpaid, and thankfully not by the Bills.

Gurley is probably the best all around RB in football right now. Yes, I would take the Rams offensive weapons over the Bills in a moment if they could trade players. You can't just plug a WR in with a very inexperienced QB with a partial trading camp and no OTAs and expect instant results. It's very relevant. If the Rams lacked other good players ,he would be looked to more frequently. If you think the Bills and Rams offenses are comparable you might want to actually watch the Rams games. The Rams have a potent offense. The Bills Offense sans Watkins is just very boring.

Edited by Boatdrinks

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/06/bills-sammy-watkins-selfish-rams/

"Watkins went on to acknowledge that he was selfish during his time with the Bills as he was dealing with a foot injury and that it hurt relationships with his coaches and fellow teammates. He even went as far to say that at times, he cared more about his own individual production than the team winning games."

out you go

This is a bunch of BS.

Every player who has ever played the game wants to do well and have stats and help team win.

Yes they are happy when they win but they want to help the team win and are unhappy when they do not perform. Especially in pro sports where your performance dictates if you continue to get a paycheck. Most keep this quite and inside, but it is there.

So Sammy telling the truth in his own words "is a bunch of BS"?

"Every player who has ever played the game wants to do well and have stats and help team win." So Marcell Dareus believes this?

Good luck with that thinking.

If only he could be paid like the NBA gets paid, he'd be great.

Gurley is probably the best all around RB in football right now. Yes, I would take the Rams offensive weapons over the Bills in a moment if they could trade players. You can't just plug a WR in with a very inexperienced QB with a partial trading camp and no OTAs and expect instant results. It's very relevant. If the Rams lacked other good players ,he would be looked to more frequently. If you think the Bills and Rams offenses are comparable you might want to actually watch the Rams games. The Rams have a potent offense. The Bills Offense sans Watkins is just very boring.

3-1 baby. I'll take wins over excitement.

I halfway don't blame him. How many players piss their talents away, or have it pissed away for them by the team they play for? The red, white & blue circus the Ryan Bros. ran would make anyone despondent.

Frankly, you get them being honest, and most are dying to showcase their talent and get huge paychecks. Winning isfun and all but getting huge pay days is more important to most. The trick as a coach is to align those goals and get your players to believe that if they are there and bought in they will be perceived as their highest possible talent. Rex wasn't the guy to do that.

Frankly, you get them being honest, and most are dying to showcase their talent and get huge paychecks. Winning isfun and all but getting huge pay days is more important to most. The trick as a coach is to align those goals and get your players to believe that if they are there and bought in they will be perceived as their highest possible talent. Rex wasn't the guy to do that.

Well said NS.

I said it here before but this is the exact same situation as Jason Peters. They had an extraordinary talent that had smallish issues on and off the field but one of the best players in the league at his position. The Bills only wanted to pay him 9m when the going rate was 10m and he rightfully wanted 10. The Eagles were willing to give up a #1 pick and more AND pay him the 10m. And he has been a perrienial All Pro and the best overall in the league since then at that position.

Some similarity but apples-to-oranges IMO. Peters was a proven, bonafide stud LT, where Sammy only showed flashes of greatness.