Empty Seats in Atlanta

JimKelly12

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, it was probably half way full. The concourses are very small. Some of the toilets were overflowing and you were standing and piss water. Beautiful sight lines, walked upstairs and looked around just an all-out great Stadium.

It really does look like an awesome stadium,

Thanks for representing,

we could hear you guys roar :thumbsup:

The tail gate scene was awesome, if maybe a bit tight. I failed to get Duff's wings as time ran out and I wanted to see the stadium. Food lines were too long inside or I would have spent a lot more money. Bills fans, as always, showed up in force. The harmonica anthem was in my opinion horrific. I turned to the guy next to me and heard him say it was awesome. (He was an idiot.) All the empty seats made me wonder how I spent $800 for 3 decent seats, but I wasn't going to miss it. My seat next week in Cincy is less that $50. :)

UGA doesn't have all those empty seats. It's all about college football here.

Sometimes you have truly excellent posts.

This was one of them. :thumbsup:

Made me laugh. Thanks.

Didn't it seem like Atlanta had TONS of open seats all throughout the game? At times only looking 1/2 to 1/4 full?

It was LOUD but there were lots of empty seats. The guy that worked for the Falcons said that it was somewhere between 60-40 and 70-30 FALCONS FANS. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It really does look like an awesome stadium,

Thanks for representing,

we could hear you guys roar :thumbsup:

He was sitting with Kirby. That was the magical formula for the win. That, and maybe a hint of vodka in the party lot. :)

I'll be in Cincy next week, but one college buddy will only tail gate. He's boycotting games or any financial support due to the "protesters". I knew a guy in the 80's when they had the strike...and he has never watched another NFL game since. (I'm not that committed to my beliefs.)

He was sitting with Kirby. That was the magical formula for the win. That, and maybe a hint of vodka in the party lot. :)

I'll be in Cincy next week, but one college buddy will only tail gate. He's boycotting games or any financial support due to the "protesters". I knew a guy in the 80's when they had the strike...and he has never watched another NFL game since. (I'm not that committed to my beliefs.)

kirby needs to ride the shoulders of Boyst all the way to the Superbowl :thumbsup:

We were very well represented. Definitely more fans there than Charlotte.

thanks man, awesome

kirby needs to ride the shoulders of Boyst all the way to the Superbowl :thumbsup:

thanks man, awesome

It's Boyst. He's probably got someone else riding him. I don't want to think it's.....never mind. This could lead to bad dreams.....

We were very well represented. Definitely more fans there than Charlotte.

it seemed that way on tv. a few of the reviews I thought were going against the Bills because of the crowd roar. only 1 time did it get noticeably loud on tv for the falcons. it happened several times for the Bills.

The game was a sellout. A lot of people socialize in the concourses and hit dozens of new bars, viewing platforms, etc. All of those places have views of the game. Just because people aren't in their seat doesn't team they're not passionate or not there. The "Atlanta is a bad sports town" story is stale and frankly not accurate.

The game was a sellout. A lot of people socialize in the concourses and hit dozens of new bars, viewing platforms, etc. All of those places have views of the game. Just because people aren't in their seat doesn't team they're not passionate or not there. The "Atlanta is a bad sports town" story is stale and frankly not accurate.

Are you serious? My definition of being a "good fan" is being in your freaking seat to watch the game. Pacing around the concourse is what my Mom does at baseball games. It's not what a real sports fan does. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

It's cause the tickets are way too expensive. (Even the re-sale prices) and that the fans hang out in the "club" areas rather than their seats. The Falcons fans got loud a couple of times but for the most part they were quiet.

The fans around me had no idea what hit them. They were so cocky before the game, bragging about how easily they would win the game.

I don't think Atlanta is a great sports town, but I will vouch for tons of people hanging out at different bars with views. Not to mention - a billion people in line to get food so I left hungry!

How bout them Atlanta thrashers?! I remember watching pens/thrashers games where 90% of the crowd was from Pittsburgh. You could get tickets for $9. Then they folded.

Weren't they the SECOND attempt at hockey here? Tampa does better than that, though I remember games there when we we surrounded by 'dozens" of other fans.

Weren't they the SECOND attempt at hockey here? Tampa does better than that, though I remember games there when we we surrounded by 'dozens" of other fans.

Yep. Atlanta flames then moved to Calgary.

Thrashers then moved to Winnipeg.

I don't think Atlanta is a great sports town, but I will vouch for tons of people hanging out at different bars with views. Not to mention - a billion people in line to get food so I left hungry!

Seems odd to spend a hundred bucks to stand in line for over-priced, watered down beer. Must be a new thing...

Seems odd to spend a hundred bucks to stand in line for over-priced, watered down beer. Must be a new thing...

Actually, it's not watered down, and by NFL standards it's dirt cheap. It's the stinkin' tickets that are so expensive! (They've gotta get you somehow.)

Yep. Atlanta flames then moved to Calgary.

Thrashers then moved to Winnipeg.

"Atlanta Flames"... Did any other team have a name that was a play on a negative point in their history?

I mean... Sherman torched that town.

Then the Thrashers. Who names their team after mockingbird?

@ least they got the Falcons and Hawks right. Braves get a pass, they moved from Boston to Atlanta. But hockey, those names are brutal.

I guess the BFLo Blizzard comes close to being named after a negative event.

@ least they have a sense of humor and gave a better name to Calgary then when they had it.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

How bout them Atlanta thrashers?! I remember watching pens/thrashers games where 90% of the crowd was from Pittsburgh. You could get tickets for $9. Then they fold

Yeah, cause hockey is such a great indicator of a "great sports" town.

Are you serious? My definition of being a "good fan" is being in your freaking seat to watch the game. Pacing around the concourse is what my Mom does at baseball games. It's not what a real sports fan does.

Have you been to the stadium? It's designed so you can watch the game from various viewing platforms while hanging at the bar. It's really cool actually. I watched a drive from one while I was ordering beer. I don't know the exact number of areas that are like this, but I'll guess there's about 50 areas, with four of them being very large that can accomodate hundreds of people.

So no, it's not a bunch of people wandering the concourse.

Have you been to the stadium? It's designed so you can watch the game from various viewing platforms while hanging at the bar. It's really cool actually. I watched a drive from one while I was ordering beer. I don't know the exact number of areas that are like this, but I'll guess there's about 50 areas, with four of them being very large that can accomodate hundreds of people.

So no, it's not a bunch of people wandering the concourse.

I understand, I guess I'm just old fashion regarding this topic. My idea of going to a football game doesn't involve watching the game from a bar. I like being in my seat actively watching the game, without a distraction such as a bar. Please don't take offense, if that's something you enjoy, by all means hang out at the bar. It just doesn't fit my idea of attending a football game, and being part of the crowd. It's difficult for a team to have home field advantage if everyone is hanging out at the bar. I'd rather save money watching the game at an actual bar, as opposed to spending hundreds or thousands to watch at the stadium from the concourse area.