Taylor -- 106.7 rating today

I really don't see how anyone can not say Tyrod played very good if not great today. The difference was clearly turnovers.

I wouldn't go that far, good yes, great, far from it. Carefully efficient would be better.

The Bills still only managed 280 yards of total offense and 16 points with two 55+ yard field goals. Got the W and that's all that matters. Hope the stepping stones keep continuing.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go that far, good yes, great, far from it. Carefully efficient would be better.

The Bills still only managed 280 yards of total offense and 16 points with two 55+ yard field goals. Got the W and that's all that matters. Hope the stepping stones keep continuing.

Because it's not about stats. Not turning the ball over was the difference between winning and losing. The franchise QB at home had four, the allegedly average QB on the road had zero. He threw long, he had a few drops, he escaped the rush amazing, he made plays when we needed them. He didn't make many mistakes.

So what do we do with all of our draft picks if Taylor becomes "the guy"? WR, OL, MLB...in that order?

Holy crap like an all you can eat draft buffet. Time to graze.

Imagine if Watkins shows he is worth a big deal and Bills bring him back next off season..... a guy can dream.

Because it's not about stats. Not turning the ball over was the difference between winning and losing. The franchise QB at home had four, the allegedly average QB on the road had zero. He threw long, he had a few drops, he escaped the rush amazing, he made plays when we needed them. He didn't make many mistakes.

Scoring points was also the difference. And not letting them score as many.

Edited by jmc12290

Yup, he made no mistakes, he was good, but without that defensive score the Bills may have lost 17-16.

Taylor is "serviceable" at best as a QB.

His great strength is he doesn't turn the ball over. He is eminently upgradable and he will be upgraded after this season.

Not sure why people don't get that.

He was told to find another team to pay for last year by the Bills, effectively, and the NFL said "no thanks".

So he can back on a discount.

Not sure why people need to build him up into something he is not.

wow. Just wow......wow.

Tyrod played a good Tyrod type of game. What we got today is about all we can expect from him on one of his good days.

Many factors came together today leading to the win; Tyrod's QB play isn't in the top 5 in terms of importance or relevance to the victory.

He's playing at a very high game manager roll. He's improved from last year.

He might be the most consistent QB in the league right now, seriously. He will not throw 350 yards with 4 TDs but he'll never give a game away. We are always in the game as long as he is playing.

Seriously. Hes a more efficient passer this year and is winning games without any receivers or a running game.

I know!!!! -Just think how awesome we'll be once Darnold gets here! :)

He played well. Accuracy still isn't his strongest trait but he makes up for it with other attributes like mobility and a penchant for not forcing the ball.

Define "Makes up for it".

It is precisely b/c of his lack of turnovers and running ability that the sum of his skills equates to a serviceable level of QB performance.

The overall result is still utterly replaceable, and the organization will be doing just that this off-season.

Doesn't mean we can't have a lot of fun seeing just what this team is capable of this year.

Remember, this is a throwaway year from the viewpoint of the Bills organization. They weren't expecting or hoping for much. Me neither....so this is all like Christmas in September/October so far.

Tyrod played a good Tyrod type of game. What we got today is about all we can expect from him on one of his good days.

Many factors came together today leading to the win; Tyrod's QB play isn't in the top 5 in terms of importance or relevance to the victory.

lol..ok.

What we got today from him was an average game, even for Tyrod. See the second Dolphins game last year; the Seattle game; the first Jets game; The first Miami game last year; The Jets game this year..off the top of my head.

To say today was the best we can expect from him is ridiculous. You must be in so much pain right now. So sad.

Taylor doesn't make many mistakes , never has, and probably never will.

I'm seeing good progress as Dennison starts opening up the playbook...

Another normal day for Tyrod where he makes some nice throws, makes some plays with his legs and generally plays it safe with his passes. Its what weve gotten and what we can typically expect from him.

Playing well enough on offense, 25 points a game, to beat two of the top 5-10 teams in the league in a row, both of which were undefeated at the time?

Another normal day for Tyrod where he makes some nice throws, makes some plays with his legs and generally plays it safe with his passes. Its what weve gotten and what we can typically expect from him.

The beauty of having the best defense in the league - we can win games that way.

That he isn't playing his normal game, he is a little better. He has no WR and not a great run game. And we just beat two top teams because of a better defense and a better Tyrod.

What is he doing now thats noticeably different from anything weve seen the last 2 years? The only thing thats different to me is he has a good defense to back him up.

The beauty of having the best defense in the league - we can win games that way.

I dont deny that. Ive always maintained that Tyrod was good enough to win games with if he had a solid supporting cast. The defense is keeping us in games and Tyrod doesnt have to do a lot.

What is he doing now thats noticeably different from anything weve seen the last 2 years? The only thing thats different to me is he has a good defense to back him up.

I dont deny that. Ive always maintained that Tyrod was good enough to win games with if he had a solid supporting cast. The defense is keeping us in games and Tyrod doesnt have to do a lot.

He is finding open receivers more often, throwing from the pocket instead of running and throwing over the middle - which are all things that he has been accused of not doing since he has been here.

Teams are forcing him to "play pocket passer QB" and he is beating them because of it.

Whats your point?

The way I see it the better the opposition the less room you have for error,

so in that respect Tyrod Taylor and McD's D could be the right formula for success against playoff caliber football teams IMO.

I'm just saying... :flirt:

Taylor was only good today because Clay was great. If you take out Clay's performance, Taylor was abysmal today.

The Matthews TD was a great play. He had a couple nice passes to Zones he dropped. He had a couple great scrambles. He had a really nice pass over the middle to Holmes.

Not to mention the pass to Clay was phenomenal, better than the easy catch.

But no one listens to you, or cares, for good reason.

That's just not true.

I'm not sure why you're giving Tyrod credit for Tre White's touchdown. Seems illogical. Especially when there's plenty of good to praise him for.

That's just not true.

I'm not sure why you're giving Tyrod credit for Tre White's touchdown. Seems illogical. Especially when there's plenty of good to praise him for.

I'm giving credit to Tyrod for Tre White's touchdown because it's a team game, and because of Tre Whites touchdown we were much more conservative the rest of the game which hurt his stats or chances to score more points. But the more important reason I am giving credit for the offense to the points by the defense is the rest of league and official stats do. And other teams QBs for the last few years have had their defenses score points and put their offenses in great position to score because of stops and turnovers and the Bills defense HASNT for Tyrod. So his top ten scoring offense the last couple years were harder than most teams because he DIDNT get points scored by the defense or turnovers that gave us a lot of short fields or three and outs that gave us more time and good field position. We had to go the length of the field for most of our scores. So if he doesn't get credit for that he needs to get credit when it happens.

The Matthews TD was a great play. He had a couple nice passes to Zones he dropped. He had a couple great scrambles. He had a really nice pass over the middle to Holmes.

12-20 for 182 yards today. If Clay doesn't have a stellar game Taylor is 7-15 for less than 80 yards. There is no other way to put it: that is just awful, awful QB play. Stop crediting Taylor with Clay's stellar performance.