Taylor -- 106.7 rating today

I think you really need to see what bad offensive play is.

The offense is below last year's, but they're trending up as they get used to the new system. Execution has been better the last two weeks.

And they Didnt score enough points this week to win. So yes there are some major issues with this offense.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team has had to be perfect in every way..... And they have. They too have gotten every break necessary and great for them.

The problem is they've been beaten in yards every game (save the Jets) and they will need offense eventually.

Replay went in their favour as did injuries and frankly bad play calling by Atlanta.

Would be real nice to have Watkins still......

SMH is all I can say.

The offense is still leaving points on the board, but they are still learning a new system and Taylor is still trying to build chemistry with his new receivers. Just as long as they keep getting better and learn Dennison's system, then I'm not too worried about it for now. At some point, the offense will have to put up over 30 points (most likely against the Pats).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

The team has had to be perfect in every way..... And they have. They too have gotten every break necessary and great for them.

The problem is they've been beaten in yards every game (save the Jets) and they will need offense eventually.

Replay went in their favour as did injuries and frankly bad play calling by Atlanta.

Would be real nice to have Watkins still......

I agree about Watkins, but...

McD has made calculated decisions based on what was happening in the game. We made the plays we made to win the game because that is what we had been doing the whole game previous. Both of the last two games we became conservative because and only because we had been efficient and good on defense. That's why Opie's had the offense go into a shell which kept us for more yards maybe but we win the game because of those decisions. If we weren't so good on defense he wouldn't have gone into a shell because we would have needed the points. I'm not a conservative fan by nature but I totally understood being conservative when they did the last couple games and they won both. So the decisions were good.

It doesn't mean they are always going to do that.

Taylor, in his last 7 games started for Buffalo (the Pitt game last year), has 11TD's and 2 turnovers.; (two different O/coordinators too and a completely different WR group)

What an abomination Rex Ryan was to this team the last 2 seasons.

Edited by bobobonators

....seems to be a two way street....TT is gaining confidence and Dennison is gaining confidence in him with his play calling........does NOT preclude a first round QB pick in 2018 IMO....

Good play from Taylor may keep us from having to reach so hard... and possibly using some of our high round draft selections on the Defensive side of the football...

I love Sammy, but giving guys with his injury history big $$$ is the road to salary cap hell and perpetual suck.

They didn't have to. All they had to do was pick up 5th year option and franchise him if he stayed healthy.

No doubt even McBean is kicking themselves a little bit.

Gaines looks solid and that second round pick will hopefully end the nightmare of Jordan Mills

I also know, without even looking, that Taylor is one of the winningest Bills quarterbacks in 55+ years of mostly suck. Without even looking I will guess he is 3rd in lifetime winning percentage among those with 20+ starts after Kelly and Kemp. Then who? Maybe Flutie is ahead? Can't think of who else would be (as much as I loved Fergie, I am sure he was sub-.500).

Good play from Taylor may keep us from having to reach so hard... and possibly using some of our high round draft selections on the Defensive side of the football...

Yep. There is absolutely nothing Taylor can do playing which stops a first round selection of a quarterback. But if he continues to play well the Bills won't do some elaborate package deal to move up. And they'll bring Taylor back to shield the first-rounder they do pick.

I hope he keeps leaving plays on the field in favor of avoiding turnovers. We have a strong D that can be overcome if we turn it over and - I HATE turnovers. I have no problem with picking a QB if they are a good value when we pick. But we sure don't have to EJ again. And if TT fights him off we trade him for two picks. But TT is not merely a placeholder for some savior and it would be very naive to think that. Rooks with the best creds are a 50/50 crap shoot.

No one cares about your next playground petty fight. Please stop making this board your personal sandbox. Thanks.

A great win today, and he wants to talk about how the offense is a big problem. Nothing changes. This is the best two weeks in a long time. You tried to ruin it last week, and now the Maj wants to bring people down. No thanks. This is the most solid this team and coaching has been in years.

Edited by JM2009

....certainly could add a new dimension to the draft Fig....stay tuned....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Yep. There is absolutely nothing Taylor can do playing which stops a first round selection of a quarterback. But if he continues to play well the Bills won't do some elaborate package deal to move up. And they'll bring Taylor back to shield the first-rounder they do pick.

You really can't say this at this point. What if a QB McBeane values highly isn't on the board?

I know this is what you've been arguing since the start of the season, but if the season progresses as it has so far, there's no chance we're in "draft a 1st round QB at any cost!" mode.

You really can't say this at this point. What if a QB McBeane values highly isn't on the board?

I know this is what you've been arguing since the start of the season, but if the season progresses as it has so far, there's no chance we're in "draft a 1st round QB at any cost!" mode.

That what if has nothing to do with Tyrod's play, which was his point.

every drive that started with a pass had a good ending, every drivewith the ultra stupid stretch run ended with negative yards and a punt. Just saying

time to stop trying to lead the league in rushing and start leading the game in scoring.

Tryod ain't letting go of the rains folks. Deal.

i cant hold rain, it always leaks through my fingers, does he have a bucket?

That what if has nothing to do with Tyrod's play, which was his point.

But it's a big part of the equation because it determines how you approach the draft.

If he sucks the rest of the year, it's easy to take a chance on a 1st round QB.

But if Taylor keeps playing well and we make *gasp* the playoffs, the coaches are absolutely going to scrutinize the idea of drafting a QB in the 1st vs using all those draft picks we have to massively upgrade the team.

So really Taylor's play absolutely will pretty seriously influence our decision to draft a QB in the 1st.