Taylor -- 106.7 rating today

12-20 for 182 yards today. If Clay doesn't have a stellar game Taylor is 7-15 for less than 80 yards. There is no other way to put it: that is just awful, awful QB play. Stop crediting Taylor with Clay's stellar performance.

The pass to clay was a better pass than it was the easy catch right in his hands. And if you negate Clays plays from Taylor's game you need to add Zays drops.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-20 for 182 yards today. If Clay doesn't have a stellar game Taylor is 7-15 for less than 80 yards. There is no other way to put it: that is just awful, awful QB play. Stop crediting Taylor with Clay's stellar performance.

So because clay caught passes that were thrown to him Tyrod didn't do anything? What about the passes that hit zay in the hands?

The pass to clay was a better pass than it was the easy catch right in his hands. And if you negate Clays plays from Taylor's game you need to add Zays drops.

You don't negate anything! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Clearly the Bills would have won by 50 if Peterman had been in. Those that dont agree have an agendaized agenda or are hateful haters filled with hateful hate or both. No worries though. The mods will purge your memory from this site and they will cast you down with the sodomites in the bastions of hell.

this cant be serious.... its got to be sarcasm, as taylor was obviously the one dropping them in smoothly to clay.

So because clay caught passes that were thrown to him Tyrod didn't do anything? What about the passes that hit zay in the hands?

You don't negate anything! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

right?.... he's got to be kidding around

this cant be serious.... its got to be sarcasm, as taylor was obviously the one dropping them in smoothly to clay.

right?.... he's got to be kidding around

What's wrong with crediting players with their performance? Clay had a monster day, and was responsible for making Taylor look moderately ****ty, instead of the completely ****ty that he was. Why is it so hard to see this?

What's wrong with crediting players with their performance? Clay had a monster day, and was responsible for making Taylor look moderately ****ty, instead of the completely ****ty that he was. Why is it so hard to see this?

was he responsible for taylor plopping 2 long passes right into his hands? clay had a GREAT day. taylor delivered him the ball.

FTR I didn't like taylors game as a whole but your reasoning is beyond stupid.

Clay was pretty good today :thumbsup:

Hes trolling you.

I had just realized that after being stupid and not realizing it earlier. But after having to read some of this bitching after two great wins I couldn't tell right away after overserving myself. I was just telling him (one of my all time favorites) that Bills fans pride themselves so much on how great a fan base we have and we often suck!! We hate losses and hate moral victories and hate wins.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Hes trolling you.

The sad thing is that what I was posting was indistinguishable from a lot of the crap posted on the board.

I was actually mocking the practice of "If you ignore all the good stuff, everything sucks" attitude. "Barry Sanders broke a few long runs; if you ignore those, he had a bad day."

All I can say to this is STFU. Were 3-1 and in first place for christ sake. Great defense and not turning the ball over can go a long way. You dont have to throw the damn ball 90 times a game to win.

My bad. Missed the your joking blast. My apoliogies. Ill redirect the above to those who are refusing to give taylor any credit.

Edited by Billsmovinup

I had just realized that after being stupid and not realizing it earlier. But after having to read some of this bitching after two great wins I couldn't tell right away after overserving myself. I was just telling him (one of my all time favorites) that Bills fans pride themselves so much on how great a fan base we have and we often suck!! We hate losses and hate moral victories and hate wins.

Speak for yourself. I love wins unless we're mathematically eliminated.

All I can say to this is STFU. Were 3-1 and in first place for christ sake. Great defense and not turning the ball over can go a long way. You dont have to throw the damn ball 90 times a game to win.

But you do need at least competent QB play. 7-15 for 80 yards is...not competent.

Speak for yourself. I love wins unless we're mathematically eliminated.

But winning hurts the franchise. If we don't lose, we can't draft high, and then we suck.

The sad thing is that what I was posting was indistinguishable from a lot of the crap posted on the board.

I was actually mocking the practice of "If you ignore all the good stuff, everything sucks" attitude. "Barry Sanders broke a few long runs; if you ignore those, he had a bad day."

sorry. voice inflexion is hard on a forum. and you're right its sad that I can take it seriously becuz of some of the crazy that comes outta here.

He is finding open receivers more often, throwing from the pocket instead of running and throwing over the middle - which are all things that he has been accused of not doing since he has been here.

Yeah, I have no way of knowing if hes finding open receivers more now than he hasnt before. Not sure how someone even comes to that conclusion really. I guess we will just have to disagree here. I dont see much different.

Teams are forcing him to "play pocket passer QB" and he is beating them because of it.

Again, Im not seeing a noticeable difference.

But you do need at least competent QB play. 7-15 for 80 yards is...not competent.

But winning hurts the franchise. If we don't lose, we can't draft high, and then we suck.

However funny that is, especially because some twit actually had postulated that once, there are a substantial number of posters here who are going to use this game and same reasoning leading up to and maybe after the 2018 draft. Winning now loses any chance of getting the top two picks, Tyrod played well enough to keep the job but he still sucks no matter what or how he plays, and we can't win the World Series or World Cup with him because he doesn't hit enough homeruns or score enough goals. So these wins killed our chances of getting Sam Darnold, who may suck.

Yeah, I have no way of knowing if hes finding open receivers more now than he hasnt before. Not sure how someone even comes to that conclusion really. I guess we will just have to disagree here. I dont see much different.

I think, as Kelly stated above, getting TT on those boots early on has really helped the outside pass rush immensely. He looked good in the pocket today, especially at the end of the game, and I'm not taking anything away from him.

Yes - I got it, and enjoyed it, and am quite surprised Kelly fell for it for a bit at least. Hes slipping.

Wow. This has to be the most absurd take I've ever seen on this board - which is saying a lot. Are we to go around the NFL and subtract the passes from every quarterback to his favorite target, or is just another one of those special Tyrod Rules? Or is this just more trolling?

Then you are either 1) Blind or 2) Jaded

Or perhaps both

Teams aren't blitzing him as much - They are trying to contain him within the pocket. He is passing out of that pocket successfully when given time to throw.

Notice he isn't ripping off big runs between the tackles this year out of shotgun. He isn't bailing out of pockets as early or as often as he did in previous years. It is plain as freaking day. You aren't paying attention.

Wow. This has to be the most absurd take I've ever seen on this board - which is saying a lot. Are we to go around the NFL and subtract the passes from every quarterback to his favorite target, or is just another one of those special Tyrod Rules? Or is this just more trolling?

Its a very very very special case of trolling.

Dude - DC Tom is joking.

Where I always am. Thinking tyrod has a ceiling of average. Today's game didn't change that. But hey how about that amazing performance by Watkins this week eh?

A lot can change in the next 12 games........but are you still "DONE with this team" if Taylor continues to play well and win and McDermott wants him back as his starter in 2018? :flirt:

As for Sammy........he'd be doing a helluva lot more here........with the QB he has played with for a couple seasons and trained with all offseason...............the Bills WR corps is a disaster that they are winning-ugly in spite of.

There isn't a noticeable difference, however, many of us stated that with a decent defense, TT can help us get into the playoffs. It's early, but that formula is working right now.

Loving Tyrod's play right now. He's going to make things very confusing for this organization and this fanbase haha.

Stats aside (i.e. "300 yard games!") - at the end of this season, I'm predicting that Tyrod will be regarded by the media and general public as a top 10 QB. He's already sliding into top 15 status (literally. Somebody on NFL.com did a QB ranking BEFORE this week and Tyrod was 15). Few QB's in the league right now protect the ball as well as he does, in addition to his ground game and general ability to lead. Guy is becoming a legit, upper echelon leader at QB. The absence of gaudy numbers somehow emphasizes that when you consider who this team just beat these past two weeks. An absolute master of efficiency right now.

Define "Makes up for it".

It is precisely b/c of his lack of turnovers and running ability that the sum of his skills equates to a serviceable level of QB performance.

The overall result is still utterly replaceable, and the organization will be doing just that this off-season.

Doesn't mean we can't have a lot of fun seeing just what this team is capable of this year.

Remember, this is a throwaway year from the viewpoint of the Bills organization. They weren't expecting or hoping for much. Me neither....so this is all like Christmas in September/October so far.

I honestly don't even understand why we're tip toeing around and calling him "serviceable" at this point.

3-1. Just beat the defending NFC champs. Does not turn the ball over. Incredibly efficient. One of, if not the most, mobile QBs in the game.

Why don't we try "good" for a change when describing Tyrod?

12 of 20 for 182 against a defense that is not considered great is not too impressive. Not to mention Atlanta had 3 starters out one at each level.

A win is a win, especially on the road.

But also an absence of turnovers. Would you prefer 30-48 for 340 and 3 INTS for a close loss? Why is passing yardage seemingly the current measuring stick for QB performance on this board?

A win on the road against the defending NFC champs is something to legitimately get excited about. That simply doesn't happen every week in the NFL.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

12 of 20 for 182 against a defense that is not considered great is not too impressive. Not to mention Atlanta had 3 starters out one at each level.

We are an offense that isn't considered too impressive. Atlanta was 3-0, at home and really should be the defending Super Bowl champs. It's a big win. Any time a team wins on the road, I think stats are meaningless.

9.1 ypa is impressive 8 days a week. Seriously. Ypa is kinda the be-all and end-all stat for qbs too.

9.1 ypa is impressive 8 days a week. Seriously. Ypa is kinda the be-all and end-all stat for qbs too.

Nobody likes QBR apparently nowadays which is supposed to be a composite of QB performance but Tyrod is currently in the 100+ club along with Brady, Goff, Alex Smith, Brees, Carr, Cousins...oh wait, that's it.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

But also an absence of turnovers. Would you prefer 30-48 for 340 and 3 INTS for a close loss? Why is passing yardage seemingly the current measuring stick for QB performance on this board?

A win on the road against the defending NFC champs is something to legitimately get excited about. That simply doesn't happen every week in the NFL.

Well, no as you don't usually play the NFC champs every week in a the NFL. Passing yardage is considered to be important because all the rules in the passing game have been engineered to favor the offense and passing QBs. While a win is always preferable , many QBs manage to throw for such yardage without tossing up 3 ints. Scoring points is more important than passing yardage in the end, and the Bills offense has a way to go with this compared to the past couple seasons. Not turning the ball over is big, but the points are an issue right now.

Nobody likes QBR apparently nowadays which is supposed to be a composite of QB performance but Tyrod is currently in the 100+ club along with Brady, Goff, Alex Smith, Brees, Carr, Cousins...oh wait, that's it.

Collective team passer rating differential (offense and defense combined) is the most predictive stat in league history. https://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/06/23/most-importantstatpasserratingdifferential

Edited by dave mcbride

Well, no as you don't usually play the NFC champs every week in a the NFL. Passing yardage is considered to be important because all the rules in the passing game have been engineered to favor the offense and passing QBs. While a win is always preferable , many QBs manage to throw for such yardage without tossing up 3 ints. Scoring points is more important than passing yardage in the end, and the Bills offense has a way to go with this compared to the past couple seasons. Not turning the ball over is big, but the points are an issue right now.

you should probably just stop watching football... I don't think you're getting it.

Yeesh. If we're really splitting hairs like that, then I meant in general that the NFC champs don't lose at home every week...not that the Bills or any single team for that matter beats them. C'mon now.

The only thing that matters when it comes to points is that you ultimately score more than the other team. Which we did. Again.

I'm not completely buying the idea at this point that we need to put up 40 at will because there's going to be a week where we need to hang with the Pats or Saints or whatever in a shootout. This defense is for real, so therefore, all that matters is more points. 3-1.