Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3-1 record with the NFL's highest scoring offense is the bottom line.

DLKnn1lVoAA4wlA.jpg

its obvious his 14 catches for 211 yards and 2 TDs is the reason for their success. He draws so much coverage from defenders that 3 other WRs are uncovered all game. It's clearly obvious

its obvious his 14 catches for 211 yards and 2 TDs is the reason for their success. He draws so much coverage from defenders that 3 other WRs are uncovered all game. It's clearly obvious

Just like Lee Evans made the Ravens O fly

I love when you post this stuff. Similar to what he said here. Such a screwy narrative out there about Sammy and his time here, even what his personality supposedly was .

you mean like that time he spoke about people and their little jobs? Just because he can say the right thing in a scripted interview doesn't mean much. I'm confused why some of you will defend Sammy to the death.

you mean like that time he spoke about people and their little jobs? Just because he can say the right thing in a scripted interview doesn't mean much. I'm confused why some of you will defend Sammy to the death.

You mean the select few clowns who were harrasing him on Social Media. I'm glad he told those imbeciles off.

You mean the select few clowns who were harrasing him on Social Media. I'm glad he told those imbeciles off.

That was truly an ugly and poor moment for Sammy Watkins not to mention he came off as ignorant jock with a sub 100 IQ. I'm willing to believe that was just a bad one off episode in his career. But to defend it in the manner that you just have. C'mon man!!

That was truly an ugly and poor moment for Sammy Watkins not to mention he came off as ignorant jock with a sub 100 IQ. I'm willing to believe that was just a bad one off episode in his career. But to defend it in the manner that you just have. C'mon man!!

Did you ever read what was posted on his feed that he responded to?

Did you ever read what was posted on his feed that he responded to?

Yes and rather than respond to a bunch of idiots act like a professional, understand that you are dealing with fans who are largely irrational, grow some thick skin and realize this is how it goes for all public figures and ignore them rather than insult people with "little jobs". Which probably accounts for well over half of Buffalos fan base. Edited by Magox

Yes and rather than respond to a bunch of idiots act like a professional, understand that you dealing with fans who are largely irrational, grow some thick skin and realize this is how it goes for all public figures and ignore them rather than insult people with "little jobs". Which probably accounts for well over half of Buffalos fan base.

For the millionth time, his comments were specifically pointed at those who attacked him and not fans in general. Yeah, expect perfection out of a 21-22 year old. If only we all could hold ourselves to the same standard of professionalism.

For the millionth time, his comments were specifically pointed at those who attacked him and not fans in general. Yeah, expect perfection out of a 21-22 year old. If only we all could hold ourselves to the same standard of professionalism.

I'm sure he was referring to the ones who were criticizing him but that is besides the point. When you are millionaire and you attack your detractors by insinuating they have menial lives and "little jobs" it comes across pretty poorly. Because those little jobs are little jobs held by fans.

I'm willing to say that it was just a bad moment for him which is why he deleted that comment. But to excuse and justify his thin-skinned rant, well....thats another story. Why don't we just leave it at that it wasn't his finest hour.

Good attitude by Sammy in this interview before this week's game. Doesn't sound like he's worried about putting up numbers every week:

9-29: Sammy Watkins Post-Practice Interview (4:08)

good attitude when being interviewed about money because he is really gonna come out an tell us we little people dun make no 💰 in are lil jobs 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Dudes a clown.

offense...no,Sammy Watkins is so much more important than everyone else.

This is a joke because now it'll be Sammy is a decoy. It helps

good attitude when being interviewed about money because he is really gonna come out an tell us we little people dun make no in are lil jobs

Dudes a clown.

offense...no,Sammy Watkins is so much more important than everyone else.

This is a joke because now it'll be Sammy is a decoy. It helps

Calm down

I'm sure he was referring to the ones who were criticizing him but that is besides the point. When you are millionaire and you attack your detractors by insinuating they have menial lives and "little jobs" it comes across pretty poorly. Because those little jobs are little jobs held by fans.

I'm willing to say that it was just a bad moment for him which is why he deleted that comment. But to excuse and justify his thin-skinned rant, well....thats another story. Why don't we just leave it at that it wasn't his finest hour.

agree with you.

And lest we forget we have seen behavior on the field that has definitely mirrored poor traits. The show off fumble against the Jets, the pulling up half ass running routes, the zero effort to block.

Guys a douche pre Madonna

Calm down

NO

ANGRY

ROAR ROAR ROAR

FREE HAT!

PEAS AND CARROTS PEAS AND CARROTS.

ROARRRR

Dude I'm calm. I think he is a great athlete and one of the best wr in the game potentially. But he is a clown

agree with you.

And lest we forget we have seen behavior on the field that has definitely mirrored poor traits. The show off fumble against the Jets, the pulling up half ass running routes, the zero effort to block.

Guys a douche pre Madonna

NO

ANGRY

ROAR ROAR ROAR

FREE HAT!

PEAS AND CARROTS PEAS AND CARROTS.

ROARRRR

Dude I'm calm. I think he is a great athlete and one of the best wr in the game potentially. But he is a clown

He does make some questionable comments, I will give you that.

Odell Beckham, Jr. has only played in three games through the first four weeks of the season, but leads the NFL in dropped passes with four.

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/39342/Odell-Beckham-Marqise-Lee-Lead-NFL-In-Dropped-Passes

just sayin....

They say Zay has 1 drop this year? That's why drops aren't an official stat...

I don't see the Carolina pass as a drop. It would have been a highlight catch. Same with the long pass last week.

He's had 5 balls hit him in both hands in 4 weeks. The Carolina one is the only one that could be argued, but even then it was an error in his route (which he has learned from).

He's had 5 balls hit him in both hands in 4 weeks. The Carolina one is the only one that could be argued, but even then it was an error in his route (which he has learned from).

He absolutely has had more than 1 drop.

I wouldn't consider the Carolina one a drop but I don't put it on Taylor either. It was a tough catch because he didn't get to the spot he needed to be.

Odell Beckham, Jr. has only played in three games through the first four weeks of the season, but leads the NFL in dropped passes with four.

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/39342/Odell-Beckham-Marqise-Lee-Lead-NFL-In-Dropped-Passes

just sayin....

I have personally watched Amari Cooper drop more than 4 passes this year. I don't trust the "drops" stat. Every year it doesn't match up with what I see in the games.

They say Zay has 1 drop this year? That's why drops aren't an official stat...

Wow that's just plain wrong. Even ignoring the Carolina game he has had a few drops. Who is tracking this stuff??

No.

Watkins has 14 receptions for 167 yards and 2 TDs.

Matthews has 10 receptions for 235 yards and 1 TD.

Sorry your narrative didn't work out.

Watkins has 211 yards

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00.htm

Matthews has 162 yards

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattJo00.htm

Edited by Deceptikhans

Wow that's just plain wrong. Even ignoring the Carolina game he has had a few drops. Who is tracking this stuff??

Back in HS I was injured for one BB season. Coach had me sit in the stands and keep track of various stats. I always padded the rebounding stats of my buddies and shorted the stats for one particular player I didn't get along with. Besides using my "stats" himself the coach provided them to any media who made a request. Maybe that's how the drops stat is managed and possibly the reason why Powell was released. ;)

Back in HS I was injured for one BB season. Coach had me sit in the stands and keep track of various stats. I always padded the rebounding stats of my buddies and shorted the stats for one particular player I didn't get along with. Besides using my "stats" himself the coach provided them to any media who made a request. Maybe that's how the drops stat is managed and possibly the reason why Powell was released. ;)

bb - breaking bad? Bb - bocce ball? Bb - Boys ballet?

It's that kind of Thursday that I was clueless to what bb was until I saw rebound.

I need more rest or more caffiene. Caffiene does me wonders.

Edited by Boyst62

I have personally watched Amari Cooper drop more than 4 passes this year. I don't trust the "drops" stat. Every year it doesn't match up with what I see in the games.

There was one in the Atlanta game that looked like a drop but the announcer said the defender deflected to the ground. They didn't show a replay.

The Holmes TD catch was probably not counted as a drop because of the result but it was. There was a catch last week that would have been tough but similar to the Carolina play, could have been made.

Kid is in his own head. Make him catch a bunch of balls and get this phase over with.

No.

No, those numbers are wrong.

But besides that....

No, those numbers are wrong.

But besides that....

my bad, I read 235 from his career receptions.

Too bad, sammy has 1 year left on his deal and is supposed to be a superstar though, but is 1 game against the 49ers away from Matthews, but even being wrong, I'm more right than you.

Sean McVay is a prodigy.

Maybe but it's also likely he is just another case study on management giving a new HC so much talent that it's harder to fail than succeed.

Adding Whitworth, Watkins, Woods and Kupp.........I mean, that greatly changed their offensive dynamic........they were losing all of those matchups last year and now they have 4 guys that are winning key matchups in the passing game.........it's a game changer.

The Bills experienced some of that early in 2015. Months earlier people were wondering if they were going to be anything but run-it and punt-it but adding Taylor, Incognito, McCoy and Harvin turned them into a dynamic offense.

Giants kinda' did the same thing loading up the defense for McAdoo last year.........but eventually if you aren't a special coach it shows up.

Edited by #BADOL

Too bad, sammy has 1 year left on his deal and is supposed to be a superstar though, but is 1 game against the 49ers away from Matthews, but even being wrong, I'm more right than you.

Actually, I don't think that's how that works. :lol:

Doesn't Sammy have more yards and touchdowns than Matthews so far?

No.

No.

Hilarious stupidity on your part :lol::doh: ..........love that mumbled last sentence........but,but,but :lol:

So why is that other great receivers who actually have been more of a threat than Sammy are consistently able to get production? Opposing teams don't make these adjustments to take them out? Why is it that this reasoning applies for Sammy but not all the other good receivers?

That's where this argument that you pose comes apart.

We are only a quarter way into the season, and there is plenty of time for Sammy to turn around his 850 yards 55 catches for the season pace that he is on right now.

The good WR's in this league are in the 70-90 receptions 1000-1200 yards

The elite WR's are in the 80-100 receptions 1200 to 1450 yards

At some point, the production will have to be on par with the elites to justify the money he was looking for. If he doesn't get those elite numbers then there is virtually very little basis for the money he believes he's worth.

Hes what, like a 25 yard catch every other week off the pace of the good in your example.and I'd bet if you paced out his season through three weeks he'd be at the higher end of the good. In a new offense with a lot of options a young qb and only a few weeks in town.

I don't know that he has to "turn his season around" quite yet.

That's a fantastic post. It's been quoted a lot but deserves to live in infamy

He's got the talent, it's a matter of putting it all together.

But at some point his production will have to finally match his talent level and the excuses of injuries, not getting the ball thrown to him, QB's fault, decoy etc etc will have to end.

I don't know that he has to "turn his season around" quite yet.

I think if he wants to sort of money he envisioned himself receiving he will have to turn it around, don't you?

He's got the talent, it's a matter of putting it all together.

But at some point his production will have to finally match his talent level and the excuses of injuries, not getting the ball thrown to him, QB's fault, decoy etc etc will have to end.

I think if he wants to sort of money he envisioned himself receiving he will have to turn it around, don't you?

I do. ~15mil for an occasional 100 yard receiver and decoy the rest of the time is not how you build a team.