Sammy watch

dave mcbride

I agree. But here's the thing. These guys get credit for giving a young QB weapons to help him develop. A young QB that had a bad rookie year. But when the Bills did the same thing with EJ, giving him the exact same player in Sammy that the Rams got, somehow that was awful. And don't tell me it's because EJ was bad, because he looked better as a rookie that Goff did.

Can you explain this to me?

That's because Manuel was NEVER as good a QB prospect as Goff. Goff was the first player taken in the 2016. Manuel was the best QB in the awful 2013 QB class and never should have been drafted in the first round at all. He was so good that the Bills dropped down several slots and he was still available. Like with Losman, they probably could have waited until the second or third round and still had him.

While Im glad that Sammy is doing well on the west coast, Im getting a little sick of all the people talking like we traded a potential HOFer because we were stupid. Sammy criticized the fans, was injured often and didnt show much of the game breaking ability of others in his draft class while he was here. Yes he had Qbs that didnt get him the ball but how many times did he not do much with a pass when he actually did catch it? I wish him all the best but lets move on. The Bills had real reasons , actually good reasons for punting this guy. It seems that he was never going to fulfill his potential HERE.

Obviously, you didn't watch last night's game ... or you're in denial as to what you saw. Sammy may very well become a potential HOFer, especially now that he's been freed from the Neanderthal offensive concepts of the Bills coaching staff. The Bills LOVE to trade away All Pros and potential HOFers for the equivalent of used athletic supporters just like they did when they sent Jason Peterson and Marshawn Lynch packing for a JAG center and a career reserve LB and a career reserve RT. The Bills had "real reasons , actually good reasons for punting" these guys, too. At least according to the Bills FO and its diehard true believers. The Bills are a joke around the NFL and that's of their own making ... as Al Michaels' quip about NE having better Bills players than the Bills has already been applied to LA. It will likely be applied again to whatever team scoops up Dareus either before the trade deadline or in the off-season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A LOT can change in two years.

You win football games and Sammys getting the ball he'd be more than happy. It's common sense.

it is. But there was a lot of bad blood there and the Bills were not willing to back the truck up like he demanded. Two weeks ago I saw it as black and white. Today I see it as different.

Let me say it real slow again. WR WR WR WR

Do not draft a high WR until your QB is figured out.

You definitely prioritize QB, but it doesn't hurt to put pieces in place while finding the right one. The situation Dak stepped into last year with a great OL, solid pass catchers, and a great run game is a fine situation for a QB to step into.

Dez Bryant - DAL Julio Jones - ATL, Julian Edelman - NE All highly paid WRs who have dealt with injuries yet remain with their respective teams. BUF OTOH....... because McBeane knows better.

so go cheer DAl, ATL or NE.

That's got nothing to do with the stupidity of the trade.

what if a suspension could be coming up?

Or the Fan Base is just so naive to really understand what this year was and falls for coach speak

The GM can word things certain ways or just say nothing, but Beane flat said we were trying to win now after these trades. He didn't coach speak it at all. He was mocking the fans because the statement itself assumes they are stupid. Then he doubled down saying something like he was insulted or frustrated by assumptions of tanking. Carolina fans might not know football but I think even they know Sammy Watkins is damn talented and they probably can even see that diminishing his value on purpose and then trading him did not help us in an effort to win now.

I'm sick of people acting like Sammy regularly criticized fans and acted like a Dez Bryant / TO / Keyshawn Johnson grade WR diva while he was here. Absolutely not the case.

He called out the fans as "Losers" in his 2nd year. I never said he did it "regularly" . But criticizing the fans impatience with his constant injuries was too much for me at that time. Then Sammy proves his critics RIGHT by constantly being injured after that. At least the other players you mentioned earned the right to be a dbag now and then with their production. Sammy didn't come close.

He called out the fans as "Losers" in his 2nd year. I never said he did it "regularly" . But criticizing the fans impatience with his constant injuries was too much for me at that time. Then Sammy proves his critics RIGHT by constantly being injured after that. At least the other players you mentioned earned the right to be a dbag now and then with their production. Sammy didn't come close.

It was ill advised but it was directed at specific people. It was not directed at "the fans". That is crap.

Great. Cut all 53 and we'll have the most cap space of any team in history.

way to go off the deep end. teams have to deal with cap space all the time. even the mighty pats get rid of high price guys. what if saving the 12 or 15 mil allows us to sign cousins? or brees? it's a tough decision but i think it was the right one. he was just never gonna live up to the cost. now he's a second rounder on the rams