Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had someone try to convince me the 49ers defense is good this year because they ranked high in pass defense after week 2... You can't make this stuff up.

No, you didn't.

You had someone point out to you that banging the drum about how the SF defense sucks is premature considering that they've played well this year

Sorry you misunderstood that despite 2 separate explanations prior to this post

If you ask me, marginalizing his performance last night by making things up (he isn't physical despite running over 2 defenders to score, SF defense sucks despite that not being the case thru 2 previous games, etc) or denying the fact that he consistently produces when given targets is the type of low-brow, can't-make-it-up silliness that needs to be avoided if intelligent discussion is to take place.

Edited by thebandit27

There are 7 teams with fewer yards per game than us in the NFL. There are 5 teams with fewer points per game than us in the NFL. Get a grip.

Oh, whoopty doo! Is that the Bills new motto? "We're not the worst!!!"?

Give them time. My guess is this week's game will be another one without a TD. That Denver offense is nasty. Then the Falcons will have a go at them.

This thread went about how I figured. Kneejerk reactions from Couch GM's after three games. The decision to trade Sammy will take years to fully evaluate. Just like the decision to use two #1 picks to pick Sammy took 4 years to realize it was a very poor decision. After this year everyone can start to have a cordial (hopefully) conversation about how this first big decision McD and Beane made is playing out.

Nah, this is much to logical to be followed ;)

That's because Manuel was NEVER as good a QB prospect as Goff. Goff was the first player taken in the 2016. Manuel was the best QB in the awful 2013 QB class and never should have been drafted in the first round at all. He was so good that the Bills dropped down several slots and he was still available. Like with Losman, they probably could have waited until the second or third round and still had him.

EJ looked better as a rookie than Goff did. I knew someone like you would come up with this type of explanation and it's as laughable as your insistence that they don't want to win in order to make Pegula money.

Obviously, you didn't watch last night's game ... or you're in denial as to what you saw. Sammy may very well become a potential HOFer, especially now that he's been freed from the Neanderthal offensive concepts of the Bills coaching staff. The Bills LOVE to trade away All Pros and potential HOFers for the equivalent of used athletic supporters just like they did when they sent Jason Peterson and Marshawn Lynch packing for a JAG center and a career reserve LB and a career reserve RT. The Bills had "real reasons , actually good reasons for punting" these guys, too. At least according to the Bills FO and its diehard true believers. The Bills are a joke around the NFL and that's of their own making ... as Al Michaels' quip about NE having better Bills players than the Bills has already been applied to LA. It will likely be applied again to whatever team scoops up Dareus either before the trade deadline or in the off-season.

Tampa drafted Mike Evans in 1st round before they had a QB...drafted Winston the following year. It can be done

Rookie WR on a Rookie Contract.

Not 10+ M on a WR

Why can't we with a WR on board? This isn't a hard concept.

Not paying 10plus M a year at WR with ??? At QB

Is that supposed to be news?

Well damn! Color me convinced now. :rolleyes:

Thats when the physical has to be passed before that 5th yr option becomes guaranteed

There are some really absurd statements in this thread and just ridiculous false logic.

1. You DONT need to have a QB the fans dub a franchise guy to warrant having talent at WR.

2. You DONT need to get rid of your talent at WR BEFORE you can take a QB in a draft.

3. Your young QB has an substantially BETTER chance to succeed when you surround them with talent. Look at how much better Goff looks with talent at WR that is light years better than last years Rams roster.

All this utter nonsense about how we didn't need Sammy because we don't have a QB to throw him the ball is beyond stupid and I am shocked it still persists. ESPECIALLY since when healthy, Sammy and TT had a great connection and Sammy was highly productive. And those who hate TT, the idea we needed to trade Sammy to get a QB this next year is also ridiculous. We may not even have to trade up to get a QB with how deep this class might be, and even if we did then we still had plenty of assets to make a trade.

I will never support this Sammy trade. I love we have an extra 2nd rounder, but highly improbable we replace the talent we traded away to get that pick with equally or better player.

PS: I see a lot of declaration it was a foregone conclusion we couldn't resign him, but there is just absolutely no factual proof of that. I am sure there are reasons it was feared, but we don't actually know what kind of decisions would be made by Sammy when the time came. No one can say how they will feel a year later, even if they are feeling a certain way now.

And the Bills could have FRANCHISED him if necessary or tagged him to get first round compensation if he signed somewhere else. So this we MUST get something for him now because we would for sure lose him for nothing is just factually NOT accurate in any way possible. So people need to stop proclaiming they know this 100% because its non sense.

Edited by Alphadawg7

So then it doesnt make sense to pick up the 5th year option on a WR that is hurt and has been hurt the last two offseasons

MAJ, you do realize Sammys injury has never reoccured in any NFL player in history once fully healed from it right? So to weigh his injury situation because of one that is very time consuming to recover from yet never reoccurs is a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say? Sammy other injury was a huge shot to the ribs, not some ticky tack soft tissue garbage that plagues a LOT of talented guys in the NFL, but a massive shot that would or could hurt any players ribs in that situation.

This is my biggest pet peeve. People don't really understand or don't consider that actually substance of the situation. They just cast this wide blanket over him and dub him injury prone without the context about what actually occurred. Matthew Stafford had bad luck his first 2 seasons and was labeled a bust and made of glass, yet now he is the highest paid player in the NFL and no one ever considers him fragile. A couple of early situations that were unfortunate doesn't shape the players predictable future.