Sammy watch

dave mcbride

Does the next Jerry Rice become Jerry Rice without a QB?

I guess my point is not to pass on a potential great player when available....people here wanted us to draft Beckham and not trade up, which is a valid opinion but should we have passed because we didn't have a QB?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sick of people acting like Sammy regularly criticized fans and acted like a Dez Bryant / TO / Keyshawn Johnson grade WR diva while he was here. Absolutely not the case.

We have an extremely thin-skinned fan-base...go to Watkins Facebook page...click on virtually any post, and about half the responses are from bitter Bills fans, telling him he sucks, he's a china doll, yadda yadda yadda...often with that stupid #Billsmafia hashtag. It is pretty embarrassing...

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but it's absolutely mind-blowing that the Bills have spent two #1's (Sammy), two #2's (Woods, Jones), two #3's (Graham, Goodwin) and a #4 (Sammy again) (not even counting trading a #2 (Darby) for a WR) IN THE LAST SIX YEARS and we arguably have the worst WR group in the league. How is that even possible?

I guess my point is not to pass on a potential great player when available....people here wanted us to draft Beckham and not trade up, which is a valid opinion but should we have passed because we didn't have a QB?

Do you have a QB in place? If not trade down if your top rated player on the board at the time is a WR.

Otherwise you get what we just lived through yet again with Sammy

We have an extremely thin-skinned fan-base...go to Watkins Facebook page...click on virtually any post, and about half the responses are from bitter Bills fans, telling him he sucks, he's a china doll, yadda yadda yadda...often with that stupid #Billsmafia hashtag. It is pretty embarrassing...

Don't know if I'd say that. I don't think we're any thinner-skinned than any other fan base.

But yeah, Watkins was a good teammate. He shouldn't be hated. I personally wish him the best but think it was a good trade for a team that needed to save some money and bring in more and better young talent.

Trading Sammy was a smart move. Sorry. I liked Sammy.

There was the health issue (ignore it if you want)

Then the ??? At QB

Get the QB first then get the WRs. Not the orher way around

I don't agree, but assuming I did, they still traded him stupidly as his value would have increased had his option been picked up.

Additionally, saying the trades were made in an effort to improve our chances to win now is ridiculous on its face and open mockery by the GM of the fan base.

Incredibly awful logic.

Why do you need to trade a great WR to draft a QB? That makes 0 sense.

Just drafting a !@#$ing QB and keep Sammy.

Thats not what i am talking about. For the Most part.

Now yes i can make an argument of NOT commiting big money to a WR when you Dont know what your QB looks like yet. Absolutely i can

Do you have a QB in place? If not trade down if your top rated player on the board at the time is a WR.

Otherwise you get what we just lived through yet again with Sammy

So next year we don't draft any top players unless we have a QB first? Come on, you're smarter than this

I don't agree, but assuming I did, they still traded him stupidly as his value would have increased had his option been picked up.

Additionally, saying the trades were made in an effort to improve our chances to win now is ridiculous on its face and open mockery by the GM of the fan base.

There were several people who gobbled that up and argued our receiver core was in fact better this year.

They paid next to nothing for Sammy. The #48ish pick and a guy they were going to cut.

but they have future cap hits north of 12 mil to handle. that's where the cost is greater. bills get the cap space and a cost controlled player in the second round. they also move on from a trade that was toxic from the beginning. he just never was going to live up to the cost.

or, hang onto the WR, AND get the QB? Pickup up option, then franchise tags. 4 years to find a QB, with an elite WR on your roster. No? Draft Mahomes, make the trade and draft a QB next year, whichever you choose.

If we knew that would be possible, I'd support it. We don't. It might take the Sammy pick to trade up high enough to get the QB we want. Or not. But IMHO the chance that we wouldn't have enough ammunition to get our guy is worth avoiding at all costs, especially since if we do end up having enough ammo, we can use the pick to get someone else young, good and cheap.

As for Mahomes, if he turns out to be a good one, you're right, that would have been the right move. I didn't see much pro-Mahomes posting on here pre-draft. Much more "this draft class of QBs sucks" type posts. Hindsight is easy, but also going with Mahomes is premature.

Or the Fan Base is just so naive to really understand what this year was and falls for coach speak

but they have future cap hits north of 12 mil to handle. that's where the cost is greater. bills get the cap space and a cost controlled player in the second round. they also move on from a trade that was toxic from the beginning. he just never was going to live up to the cost.

Great. Cut all 53 and we'll have the most cap space of any team in history.

Can we not lose our minds over a good game against the 49ers...they were last in the league in maybe every defensive category.

had Matthews, Gaines, Tyrod, etc had huge games against the 49ers, all we would hear is how it's only one game, and it's just the 49ers (just like we heard after the jets game). Watkins and woods have big games against the 49ers and the Watkins fan clubbers are grabbing their pitchforks to run the gmail and coach here out of town for trading him away.

And was about to get At min 10m a year.

They were never picking up the option because of new staff and INJ ????s

Dez Bryant - DAL Julio Jones - ATL, Julian Edelman - NE All highly paid WRs who have dealt with injuries yet remain with their respective teams. BUF OTOH....... because McBeane knows better.