Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MAJ, you do realize Sammys injury has never reoccured in any NFL player in history once fully healed from it right? So to weigh his injury situation because of one that is very time consuming to recover from yet never reoccurs is a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say? Sammy other injury was a huge shot to the ribs, not some ticky tack soft tissue garbage that plagues a LOT of talented guys in the NFL, but a massive shot that would or could hurt any players ribs in that situation.

This is my biggest pet peeve. People don't really understand or don't consider that actually substance of the situation. They just cast this wide blanket over him and dub him injury prone without the context about what actually occurred. Matthew Stafford had bad luck his first 2 seasons and was labeled a bust and made of glass, yet now he is the highest paid player in the NFL and no one ever considers him fragile. A couple of early situations that were unfortunate doesn't shape the players predictable future.

He had to leave the game for the locker room yesterday after his touchdown.

He had to leave the game for the locker room yesterday after his touchdown.

Geezus...so did a LOT of players in the NFL this year after taking shots to the head. Sammy took 3 helmet hits to his helmet pushing to score the TD, that he did score. The NFL is hyper protective of head trauma. Again, this is happening to a LOT of players already in 3 games this year, so lets not sit back and say a guy taking hard helmet shots is fragile because they put him concussion protocol. They did the same thing with multiple players last night on both offense and defense.

Another statement devoid of context of what actually happened.

Edited by Alphadawg7

In your opinion that is.

Ooo and this is a message board where we post opinions.

Obviously the Bills agreed.

MAJ, you do realize Sammys injury has never reoccured in any NFL player in history once fully healed from it right? So to weigh his injury situation because of one that is very time consuming to recover from yet never reoccurs is a bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you say? Sammy other injury was a huge shot to the ribs, not some ticky tack soft tissue garbage that plagues a LOT of talented guys in the NFL, but a massive shot that would or could hurt any players ribs in that situation.

This is my biggest pet peeve. People don't really understand or don't consider that actually substance of the situation. They just cast this wide blanket over him and dub him injury prone without the context about what actually occurred. Matthew Stafford had bad luck his first 2 seasons and was labeled a bust and made of glass, yet now he is the highest paid player in the NFL and no one ever considers him fragile. A couple of early situations that were unfortunate doesn't shape the players predictable future.

Yeah i weigh that. My point is I completely see where the Bills were coming from with this decision in how they played it.

Ooo and this is a message board where we post opinions.

Obviously the Bills agreed.

Yeah i weigh that. My point is I completely see where the Bills were coming from with this decision in how they played it.

Of course both you and they have proven to be beyond reproach. :thumbsup:

Geezus...so did a LOT of players in the NFL this year after taking shots to the head. Sammy took 3 helmet hits to his helmet pushing to score the TD, that he did score. The NFL is hyper protective of head trauma. Again, this is happening to a LOT of players already in 3 games this year, so lets not sit back and say a guy taking hard helmet shots is fragile because they put him concussion protocol. They did the same thing with multiple players last night on both offense and defense.

Another statement devoid of context of what actually happened.

As I said before: 5 concussions reported in yesterday's game alone

If you ask me, marginalizing his performance last night by making things up (he isn't physical despite running over 2 defenders to score, SF defense sucks despite that not being the case thru 2 previous games, etc) or denying the fact that he consistently produces when given targets is the type of low-brow, can't-make-it-up silliness that needs to be avoided if intelligent discussion is to take place.

I don't have to make anything up. San Fran's defense is awful. I'm not going to qualify that further because it is painfully obvious. The Rams have not played any good defenses yet. The Colts? Lol. The Redskins aren't even good and they were only able to score 20 points against them.

I give Sammy credit for fighting for extra yards for literally the first time in his NFL career. Of course he walked away with a concussion so I still feel okay saying he is not a physical receiver. What am I making up?

Per-target yardage is a poor stat that correlates to nothing. Now you're trying to make things up to make Sammy look better than he is.

He's a good receiver. As good as anyone in the league at tracking the all. Still not elite. Not worth the contract he'll get. I standby by that.

The knots people will twist themselves into in order to defend an earlier opinion they had never ceases to amaze me.

The facts are really indisputable:

*Sammy is an elite talent.

*The Bills controlled his rights for 17, 18, and 19 at affordable rates (those saying the tag number is too high for Buffalo have not looked at their upcoming cap situation - there was more than enough room to accommodate his price).

*Rather than keep an elite talent at WR to help the QB they're most certainly going to draft high in this upcoming draft, McBean traded him away for peanuts.

Bad trades don't require three years to verify. Everyone in Philly knew the Kiko for Shady trade was terrible for them right away. And they were proven correct. Most Bills fans who haven't already committed themselves to running Sammy out of town realized this was a terrible trade the moment it went down. It shows a worrying lack of foresight on the part of the new front office.

Doesn't mean the front office will be terrible or should be fired, but it's an inauspicious beginning.