dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at a really good throw.

Actually it was not a good throw, it was a lob into double coverage away from the actual route being run. It took an ELITE play but an ELITE talent at WR to track the ball in a highly difficult position and angle, adjust the route while NOT taking his eyes off the ball, and it took TOUGHNESS and BALLS OF STEEL to do that without taking his eyes off the ball to look to see if he was going to take a big hit or not in a highly vulnerable position for him.

There only a few WRs in the NFL capable of that play. And if you want to FALSELY discredit the skill by the WR on that play and give it the QB who literally just chucked the ball high and far then you don't really understand the game or the play or just want to discredit Sammy and will skew anything to serve that agenda.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This conversation confirms for me that people are basing their opinion of Sammy off of what they think he can do, not what he actually has done. Ah well. I'm gonna give it another 14 weeks to see where my opinion lies then. Nothing has changed yet. He put up good production, then he got injured. The whole debate is a wash right now.

I guess I just have to disagree with this wholeheartedly. He pops on TV (at least to me), and on a field full of NFL players that isn't easy to do.

Maybe I'm just using "physical" in a weird way. Because I don't disagree with what you said here. Sammy belongs as a receiver in the NFL. He will put up good numbers as a #1, especially on a balanced offense like the Rams appear to have. I just don't think he has a build that will last at this level, and I highly doubt he will live up to the contract he thinks he is worth. That's all.

This conversation confirms for me that people are basing their opinion of Sammy off of what they think he can do, not what he actually has done. Ah well. I'm gonna give it another 14 weeks to see where my opinion lies then. Nothing has changed yet. He put up good production, then he got injured. The whole debate is a wash right now.

Wrong. Many are basing their opinion on both what he's done in the past when healthy and given targets as well as what he'll do moving forward.

Maybe I'm just using "physical" in a weird way. Because I don't disagree with what you said here. Sammy belongs as a receiver in the NFL. He will put up good numbers as a #1, especially on a balanced offense like the Rams appear to have. I just don't think he has a build that will last at this level, and I highly doubt he will live up to the contract he thinks he is worth. That's all.

He's actually got a better build than most other top WRs.

Injured? He is in concussion protocol. I can't find anything out there that says he actually has one, or that won't be ready in 10 days for his next game. Knock the hyperbolic "then he got injured" nonsense off.

Sorry... Implying, Mentioning or Infering the coaching staff being fired after a good performance by a traded wide receiver is ridiculously stupid. We will just leave it at that.

You need to read it again.

I didn't imply or infer the coaching staff should be fired - at all. I didn't even imply or infer the front office should be fired.

I said the exact opposite. :beer:

The knots people will twist themselves into in order to defend an earlier opinion they had never ceases to amaze me.

The facts are really indisputable:

*Sammy is an elite talent.

*The Bills controlled his rights for 17, 18, and 19 at affordable rates (those saying the tag number is too high for Buffalo have not looked at their upcoming cap situation - there was more than enough room to accommodate his price).

*Rather than keep an elite talent at WR to help the QB they're most certainly going to draft high in this upcoming draft, McBean traded him away for peanuts.

Bad trades don't require three years to verify. Everyone in Philly knew the Kiko for Shady trade was terrible for them right away. And they were proven correct. Most Bills fans who haven't already committed themselves to running Sammy out of town realized this was a terrible trade the moment it went down. It shows a worrying lack of foresight on the part of the new front office.

Doesn't mean the front office will be terrible or should be fired, but it's an inauspicious beginning.

Great post. Its pretty simple

He left the game with an injury. That's hyperbole?

It was concussion protocol. Tavon Austin left for the same reason shortly after. Its hyperbole to say "he had great production and then he got injured" because of your framing of the argument. Especially when you say Watkins isn't physical enough in the same breath.

The knots people will twist themselves into in order to defend an earlier opinion they had never ceases to amaze me.

The facts are really indisputable:

*Sammy is an elite talent.

*The Bills controlled his rights for 17, 18, and 19 at affordable rates (those saying the tag number is too high for Buffalo have not looked at their upcoming cap situation - there was more than enough room to accommodate his price).

*Rather than keep an elite talent at WR to help the QB they're most certainly going to draft high in this upcoming draft, McBean traded him away for peanuts.

Bad trades don't require three years to verify. Everyone in Philly knew the Kiko for Shady trade was terrible for them right away. And they were proven correct. Most Bills fans who haven't already committed themselves to running Sammy out of town realized this was a terrible trade the moment it went down. It shows a worrying lack of foresight on the part of the new front office.

Doesn't mean the front office will be terrible or should be fired, but it's an inauspicious beginning.

Good post. It's possible that Sammy was the primary piece in the two worst trades in the team's history. Edited by mannc

Good post. It's possible that Sammy was the primary piece in the two worst trades in the team's history.

The trade up to get him is only bad right now because we didn't keep the kid who is clearly at a talent level worth the trade up. His injuries were IMPOSSIBLE to predict as he had NO injury concerns coming into the NFL. When healthy he is an ELITE talent capable of living up to the trade cost to get him. He is only 24, had we not been rash and traded him and goes onto be a top WR in the NFL, he is absolutely worth the trade. Julio Jones cost more, no one complains about that cost. Sammy has that kind of ability to be an impact like Julio, he had one real bad luck injury that has never reoccured in history of the NFL one the player made a full recovery, that doesn't negate the level of his ability as a WR.

Universally accepted as truth with the exception of some Bills' fans.

@Marcus_Mosher

Watkins is still an insane talent. Just turned 24 this summer. #NFL1000

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/911281982096670722

Exactly...the only people who disagree are some ridiculous posters on this board making illogical reasoning to discredit the kids insane talent