FREEKING Watkins trade

jester43

He had similar numbers through 3 years as Julio with some crappy qbs.

But yeah, let's pretend like Sammy won't open things up for McCoy and the other WRs. Let's blame a rookie for not making a catch in a game where we scored 3 points.

Or maybe we can deal with the fact that we don't have a QB, and we used Sammy to accumulate draft picks in hope of finding one.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Watkins trade is behind us, let's move on.

What bothers me is that we have to wait to the final drive to attempt that kind of pass, it's one thing to play with your cards close the vest (running the ball and not ask TT to do too much) but you have to open things up a bit to win close games, or any game for that matter.

Which I would say, is on the OC whos game plan didn't include it all day.

By that token, I could claim they were doubling Kupp.

Where was the single deep safety, Doc? #22?

Did he go to the left side or the right?

The single deep safety was to the left side of the field. You know, where 3 receivers had lined up, with one of them not being Sammy running deep.

3 seasons 153 catches and 9 drops. That's a pretty low #.

he had tons of drops that werent counted because a little db would jostle him on a 5 yard curl....those and jump balls were often "dropped" but not counted as such even though he was a supposed number 1 stud wr. twatkins sucked at anything except deep balls, the thing lee evans was so often crucified for even though they never had him running underneath routes.

By that token, I could claim they were doubling Kupp.

The single deep safety was to the left side of the field. You know, where 3 receivers had lined up, with one of them not being Sammy running deep.

You're welcome to.

I'm not making the entirely INANE argument that he adds nothing to their offense.

You're honestly not even worth engaging. I'd get better analysis debating JimKellyFan69.

Easily? No. And even if Jones had caught it, they'd have stopped him short of the EZ and the clock would have run out.

1. We had a TO.

2. The only reason ZJ wouldn't have easily walked into the endzone is because ZJ stumbled on the cut and got slightly out of position in the first place. Ball is in the air on the cut, and he got his head around late while keeping his balance on the poor cut. Had he made a clean cut that pass is easily completed and he walks into the endzone.

You're welcome to.

I'm not making the entirely INANE argument that he adds nothing to their offense.

You're honestly not even worth engaging. I'd get better analysis debating JimKellyFan69.

I never said nor implied he adds nothing to their offense. The question is, how much does he add? Is he worth $12M/year? Because that was the calculus the Bills looked at when making their decision to trade him. And the odds of making the playoffs, never mind the SB, were long this season.

Would I have liked to see him in this offense? Sure. Would it have been worth losing him for nothing over the off-season? No.

I never said nor implied he adds nothing to their offense. The question is, how much does he add? Is he worth $12M/year? Because that was the calculus the Bills looked at when making their decision to trade him. And the odds of making the playoffs, never mind the SB, were long this season.

Would I have liked to see him in this offense? Sure. Would it have been worth losing him for nothing over the off-season? No.

That's not what he's getting this year so it's utterly irrelevant when discussing what impact he would have today.

Jesus.

Why do the Bills hate people with talent? If not for that idiotic trade we're 2-0. Does anyone not think he hauls that last pass in EASILY??? We probably also still have Boldin, and at least a CHANCE to score some points today. My ass is chapped about this one... :wallbash:

. Done deal get over it.

Um no. There was 9 seconds left and the Bills still had a timeout.

1. We had a TO.

2. The only reason ZJ wouldn't have easily walked into the endzone is because ZJ stumbled on the cut and got slightly out of position in the first place. Ball is in the air on the cut, and he got his head around late while keeping his balance on the poor cut. Had he made a clean cut that pass is easily completed and he walks into the endzone.

I acknowledged the gaffe about the remaining TO a couple posts after that one.

BTW, "never implied he adds nothing to their offense."

Football inept and a dishonest liar. Bad combo.

Your analyses are simplistic at best. "There were 2 DB's on Sammy side (never mind there was more than just Sammy to that side) so he was double-covered!" LOL!

He adds something. Unfortunately 2 catches for 30 yards is not nearly enough and his team lost. He's doing little to show that the Bills were wrong for trading him and getting something now instead of nothing later. And that's with Goff, who is starting to look more like a #1 overall pick should.

I acknowledged the gaffe about the remaining TO a couple posts after that one.

Your analyses are simplistic at best. "There were 2 DB's on Sammy side (never mind there was more than just Sammy to that side) so he was double-covered!" LOL!

He adds something. Unfortunately 2 catches for 30 yards is not nearly enough and his team lost. He's doing little to show that the Bills were wrong for trading him and getting something now instead of nothing later. And that's with Goff, who is starting to look more like a #1 overall pick should.

There was 3 DB's and 1 LB over there on the play. 1 DB and 1 LB on Kupp in a shallow zone. 2 DB's sliding over to Sammy who ran the deeper route.

MY analyses are simplistic, at best? You confused the single deep safety with a !@#$ing linebacker. You had no idea the Bills had a TO left on the biggest offensive play of the day. I think Vince Young would outscore you in the film room. I'd call you an unaware fan, but that would be an insult to unaware fans everywhere.

There was 3 DB's and 1 LB over there on the play. 1 DB and 1 LB on Kupp in a shallow zone. 2 DB's sliding over to Sammy who ran the deeper route.

MY analyses are simplistic, at best? You confused the single deep safety with a !@#$ing linebacker. You had no idea the Bills had a TO left on the biggest offensive play of the day. I think Vince Young would outscore you in the film room. I'd call you an unaware fan, but that would be an insult to unaware fans everywhere.

If Sammy were here and the same coverages were played, how many would say that if he's that good he should beat double coverage? A lot.

Or maybe we can deal with the fact that we don't have a QB, and we used Sammy to accumulate draft picks in hope of finding one.

When Dallas was 0-5 and decided to make the Herschel Walker trade, they first considered trading Irvin, Al Davis talked them out of it.

I thought you were talking about the LB who shaded to Sammy's side when he cut in, not the S who off the screen and there to guard against the 2 other potential deep threats to that side. Never mind he stayed to that side long after Sammy cut towards the middle of the field and was no longer a deep threat. As for forgetting about the TO, it's moot because the pass wasn't completed. I'd say try better, but I realize that could never happen.

I thought you were talking about the LB who shaded to Sammy's side when he cut in, not the S who off the screen and there to guard against the 2 other potential deep threats to that side. Never mind he stayed to that side long after Sammy cut towards the middle of the field and was no longer a deep threat. As for forgetting about the TO, it's moot because the pass wasn't completed. I'd say try better, but I realize that could never happen.

Right, when I mentioned the safety, you know, the guy who usually provides help coverage on talented WR's, you thought I was referring to the LB.

I think that's enough for now.

Edited by jmc12290

Right, when I mentioned the safety, you know, the guy who usually provides help coverage on talented WR's, you thought I was referring to the LB.

I think that's enough for now.

My bad. I didn't realize you were talking about a guy who was there to prevent a deep pass to any of the 3 receivers lined up to that side.

Yes, it is enough.

You knew this was going to happen. As soon as Watkins was traded, he was to become Jerry Rice who would have made all the difference in the world for our offense.

And if the Bills kept him, they would be branded fools for not trading him because he sucks.

And if the Bills kept him, they would be branded fools for not trading him because he sucks.

Watkins makes other teams respect him. Without him way easier to defend and Tyrod strength is the deep ball. Goodwin helped in this area as well. Without helping Tyrod strength makes offense easier to defend stack the box on McCoy. Good d like today will make the offense look foolish.

That play is McBeane's fault. They could have dumped Tyrod and they could have set up the Bills WR corp so that it wasn't relying on a rookie to win a close road game.

Taylor is out there because they want him out there. Zay Jones is starting because they dumped the starting WRs from last season.

Tyrod's contract was reworked before Beane got here. With the guarantees in it he had to stay on the roster for this season. That's not on Beane at all. It's on Whaley and/or McD.

Teams had to respect Goodwin's ability to get deep.

Goodwin and the offensive design was GREAT last year for Tyrod and the running game.

This offense has 0 playmakers and is a poor fit. But hey. At least we got that 2nd round pick for Sammy!

Zay Jones and Kaelin Clay have speed. KClay can be used the same way as Goodwin. I don't buy this excuse.

Goodwin?

This guy?

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/9/17/16323914/49ers-seahawks-recap-marquise-goodwin-drop-week-2

Edited by Wayne Arnold

This is great, Zay runs a great route, gets into space, if TT throws a better ball, there is no hyperbolic debate going on right now.

I want people to go look at what Sammy has done in two weeks this year. Show me what exactly he's doing NOW that proves he absolutely catches that ball.

Not Julio, not ODB, not Antonio Brown, not Jordy Nelson would have absolutely guaranteed that ball being caught.

I will argue to an extent, the kid got his hands on it. But the pass was just awful.

Zay Jones and Kaelin Clay have speed. KClay can be used the same way as Goodwin. I don't buy this excuse.

This guy?

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/9/17/16323914/49ers-seahawks-recap-marquise-goodwin-drop-week-2

And yet Goodwin got a decent deal and clay was about to be on the street again. Fair or not I think the league views them differently as threats

This is great, Zay runs a great route, gets into space, if TT throws a better ball, there is no hyperbolic debate going on right now.

I want people to go look at what Sammy has done in two weeks this year. Show me what exactly he's doing NOW that proves he absolutely catches that ball.

Not Julio, not ODB, not Antonio Brown, not Jordy Nelson would have absolutely guaranteed that ball being caught.

I will argue to an extent, the kid got his hands on it. But the pass was just awful.

Wrong.