FREEKING Watkins trade

jester43

The thing I like most is even when a play against happens they swarm to the ball...4 players tackling the ball carrier many times...that's a recipe for success anywhere.

Yes...78 plays for 256 yards averaging under 4 yards a play...marching all over us...amazing how some people see the game the way they want it.

I know this is very hard to understand for some but, like Beane stated, signability was a factor.

Why is that so hard for some to understand? With Pegula, money is not an obstacle. That doesn't mean a player is willing to take that money.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this is very hard to understand for some but, like Beane stated, signability was a factor.

Wwhy is that so hard for some to understand? With Pegula, money is not an obstacle. That doesn't mean a player is willing to take that money.

He admitted he never directly asked Watkins' what his future plans were.

That was the most pass rush pressure he's ever seen in a game as a Bill.

In general, the most penetration they've ever had against their OL post Marrone..........McCoy was absolutely destroyed/useless........the offense was entirely on Taylor today and I was continuously surprised by the quality of throws.

He fell in love with his feet late in the game and that was poor clock management........but I would still say it's the most efficient he's been in 2 consecutive outings.

He's had much better days........and easier days......like early in 2015........but he's clearly a better QB now than then, IMO.

Averaging 5.0 YPA isn't efficient at all.

The offense was entirely on TT, and he managed to get a single first down in the first half. I'd call that disappointing.

We couldn't run worth a damn, and he still only attempted 25 passes. Most of them well short of the sticks. He had some accurate passes to WR's on 6 yard routes on 3rd and 8, but that's not "good" efficiency, it's Trent-like efficiency.

It all comes out in the wash.

Edited by jmc12290

Why do the Bills hate people with talent? If not for that idiotic trade we're 2-0. Does anyone not think he hauls that last pass in EASILY??? We probably also still have Boldin, and at least a CHANCE to score some points today. My ass is chapped about this one... :wallbash:

....yup...one player trade is the sole fault of this offensive offense.....the proficient QB reading the entire field (COUGH) has nothing to do with it...............go do your homework......yipsters unite.....

Averaging 5.0 YPA isn't efficient at all.

The offense was entirely on TT, and he managed to get a single first down in the first half. I'd call that disappointing.

We couldn't run worth a damn, and he still only attempted 25 passes. Most of them well short of the sticks. He had some accurate passes to WR's on 6 yard routes on 3rd and 8, but that's not "good" efficiency, it's Trent-like efficiency.

It all comes out in the wash.

Didn't he convert two 3rd and 15's to Matthews? The Bills got like 10 yards on 20 carries from the running backs.........are the running backs not good? They were utterly overwhelmed by that defense.

they dont trust Tyrod, Tyrod doesnt trust Tyrod. add that too the crappy field position for most of the game, u get dink and dunk, boring garbage offensive football. Lot more to the playcalling than just hey lets chuck the ball around. You want Tyrod throwing bombs on the 10yrd line? I know i dont.

You sound butthurt...

Watkins was a bust, should have never made that draft trade for him, was pissed when they did, and it turned out worse than I thought it would.

McBeane is not why the Bills suck, far from it..

Right, Watkins scoring TDs and winning games for the Bills really sucked.

There are a lot of people out here who are "butthurt" about Taylor. It dominates the board. But Taylor didn't have to be here this year. The front office had several outs to give the vocal Taylor critics what they wanted. McBeane chose keep him and play him.

It's obvious that Taylor has hit his ceiling in the NFL, so why did McBeane make the decisions they did? I think it's a valid question and discussion. If these guys are tearing down and rebuilding, the decisions they make should be fair game for discussion for Bills fans.

Didn't he convert two 3rd and 15's to Matthews? The Bills got like 10 yards on 20 carries from the running backs.........are the running backs not good? They were utterly overwhelmed by that defense.

One receiver in the passing game had double digit YPC. You are congratulating Taylor for being efficient on 5 yard passes and punting, for the most part.

Right, Watkins scoring TDs and winning games for the Bills really sucked.

There are a lot of people out here who are "butthurt" about Taylor. It dominates the board. But Taylor didn't have to be here this year. The front office had several outs to give the vocal Taylor critics what they wanted. McBeane chose keep him and play him.

It's obvious that Taylor has hit his ceiling in the NFL, so why did McBeane make the decisions they did? I think it's a valid question and discussion. If these guys are tearing down and rebuilding, the decisions they make should be fair game for discussion for Bills fans.

Taylor is here because the Bills FO gave him an ultimatum that they probably thought he'd walk away from, he didn't

I bet they were as surprised as the rest of us when Taylor took that pay cut.

I think this tells us that Taylor knows what he is, and is trying to hang on as an NFL starter as long as he can.

Meanwhile McBean will take it, lose with Taylor or Peterman, what's the difference?

Edited by T-Bomb

One receiver in the passing game had double digit YPC. You are congratulating Taylor for being efficient on 5 yard passes and punting, for the most part.

Not congratulating anyone for that football abortion........he was just the least to be blamed on that offense.

:lol:

the original TBD troll.

I'm going to pass on taking a personal shot back at you.

I know it burns you, but face it......Taylor could very well be back.

You have posted more love for the McDermott regime in 7 months than you posted AT ALL for 15 years............and this is the product........you like it?

Not congratulating anyone for that football abortion........he was just the least to be blamed on that offense.

That's exactly what the Panthers wanted. Bottle up the run game and make TT beat you with his arm.

He averaged 5 YPA and 1 first down in the first half. Mission accomplished by CAR.

Edited by jmc12290

....yup...one player trade is the sole fault of this offensive offense.....the proficient QB reading the entire field (COUGH) has nothing to do with it...............go do your homework......yipsters unite.....

Easy, Oldtimer. The day before the trade, the Bills boasted Sammy Watkins, Anquan Boldin and a new toy -the best ever WR in college football. 2 weeks later, we have ONLY the skinny, unproven rookie and Street urchins who run lazy routes. It DOES negatively impact an offense, not to mention the players on the team feel it too.

I'm going to pass on taking a personal shot back at you.

I know it burns you, but face it......Taylor could very well be back.

You have posted more love for the McDermott regime in 7 months than you posted AT ALL for 15 years............and this is the product........you like it?

I have to believe the know enough to not bring that bum back.

If they do, I'm done. Just !@#$ing done.

Gurley scored the td. What are you trying to accomplish here?

He's on the offense.

Their offense scored 7 (so far).

Our offenses scored 3 (in 4 quarters).

I'm trying to understand why you think our offense is better than the Rams, today?

Is it the fact Jared Goff already has more yards in the second Q passing than TT all game?

Is it the fact the Rams offense have already managed more than 1 first down in their first half of play?

What was your point again?

Why do the Bills hate people with talent? If not for that idiotic trade we're 2-0. Does anyone not think he hauls that last pass in EASILY??? We probably also still have Boldin, and at least a CHANCE to score some points today. My ass is chapped about this one... :wallbash:

Technically it was the freaking Watkins trade, but your point remains well taken.

Taylor is the main problem. Dare I say only big problem.

Seems like a hard worker and a super nice guy, and I don't enjoy saying it, but he's just not a good thrower of the football.

Edited by dubs

He's on the offense.

Their offense scored 7 (so far).

Our offenses scored 3 (in 4 quarters).

I'm trying to understand why you think our offense is better than the Rams, today?

Is it the fact Jared Goff already has more yards in the second Q passing than TT all game?

Is it the fact the Rams offense have already managed more than 1 first down in their first half of play?

What was your point again?

So you're saying they have a better QB. I can get on board with that. The fact that Watkins name hasn't been mentioned yet seems to be lost on you some how. He is a non factor.....thats my point. If you can't digest that, there's no point in further discussion.

That's exactly what the Panthers wanted. Bottle up the run game and make TT beat you with his arm.

He averaged 5 YPA and 1 first down in the first half. Mission accomplished by CAR.

Without a deep threat the gameplan serves the dual purpose of crushing the run game and pass game.

No QB beats that much pressure........it's not a good pass blocking line and the secret to their run game production has been yards before contact........which they can't get when teams dare to risk creating big scrambling lanes by for Tyrod by attacking the LOS and Taylor.

When Taylor did tuck and run Carolina LB's tracked him down a couple times where basically 31 other teams would have gotten gashed and drives continued on.

Taylor WAS the Bills offense today.........all of it.........and this is what happens when you give a middle-of-league passer a bottom-of-league receiving corps with not one single WR who can get over the top of a decent cover corner.

Edited by #BADOL

Idk sometimes I'm at a loss with this team. I got the feeling today that TT could have had Jesus playing reciever, and we still wouldn't have got into the endzone.

I really like Taylor, he has skills, is a hard worker. I just don't think his brain processes the game fast enough.