Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not on Zay guys. Lets see any one of you make that catch. Was behind him, he had to twist his body around while his momentum was taking him the other way. Yeah that's Zays fault tyrod missed an open throw.

None of us are NFL receivers. It could have and should have been a better throw. But when it hits your hands, you catch it.

It was a bad throw. Some of you are so desperate for TT to be the answer that you will literally blame everyone else around him. He was bad today. Teams do not respect our passing game.

Your general point is probably true, but I saw that play different...maybe I'm a fool.

That doesn't mean I want so desperately for TT to be the answer. That was just one play. It would have been a very tough catch, regardless of who was more to blame, but it hit both hands.

Thats not on Zay guys. Lets see any one of you make that catch. Was behind him, he had to twist his body around while his momentum was taking him the other way. Yeah that's Zays fault tyrod missed an open throw.

Actually it was on Zay. That route should be run to the cone or corner not the sideline. You only run that to the sideline behind the corner when there is time. If he just runs towards the corner, it's a TD.

I am not pinning this game on him, but that route was run improperly. I am sure he would tell you the same. Take a look at the play again and you will see. Tyron actually threw it to the perfect spot for the TD. Zay ran too much to the sideline for no reason,...sad day for any Bills fan.

Your general point is probably true, but I saw that play different...maybe I'm a fool.

That doesn't mean I want so desperately for TT to be the answer. That was just one play. It would have been a very tough catch, regardless of who was more to blame, but it hit both hands.

I thought he was bad today and that's a throw he should probably make. That's a very difficult catch to make when it didn't need to be. He could have caught it but TT did him absolutely no favors.

It was a very tough catch...turned at the last second, ball was on the wrong side, made a nice adjustment to even get hands on ball and couldn't hold on.

It looks like it was on him but that is on Tyrod...he makes that catch it would have been a phenomenal catch.

Are HappyDays and I the only people who saw Zay stumble coming out of his break which slowed him down considerably??

It's a good thing he did then because the throw would have been even more behind him and totally uncatchable.

Edited by Bangarang

Actually it was on Zay. That route should be run to the cone or corner not the sideline. You only run that to the sideline behind the corner when there is time. If he just runs towards the corner, it's a TD.

I am not pinning this game on him, but that route was run improperly. I am sure he would tell you the same. Take a look at the play again and you will see. Tyron actually threw it to the perfect spot for the TD. Zay ran too much to the sideline for no reason,...sad day for any Bills fan.

That's why this board is the best. You nailed what happened on the play. It's hard to ignore all the BS spewed but that's why we're called fans. Good to have fellow posters who appear to have played or coached the game and can talk about it. TT could have gotten rid of a couple throws quicker today with that said.

It caused him not to run to the right spot... what if the ball was where it was meant to be and the receiver ran it short and to the sideline side because of the stumble?

Where was the right spot since you have the playbook and can tell me?

Are you saying that even though he stumbled, Zay ran too fast to the wrong spot? Is that where you are going with this?

Edited by Bangarang

Lol'ing at these posts.

If you hate someone enough, no matter what, you will always find blame in that person.

How'd you like that first half where we didnt even reach the 40?

Epically great QB play there. One of many "not to the 50" halves for good ol' TT.

Where was the right spot since you have the playbook and can tell me?

Well if Zay doesn't stumble, and runs it out to where the Ball was thrown, it would have been right over his right shoulder... instead of over his left and over his head causing him to stretch back for it...

But I dig the condescension in your post Bang. Still a vitriolic loser like back on BBF

Edited by SwaggatronMcCoy

None of us are NFL receivers. It could have and should have been a better throw. But when it hits your hands, you catch it.

This. Whether the throw could have been better doesn't erase the fact that good NFL receivers have to make the tough catches, not just the ones that hit them perfectly in stride. It is the difference between winning and losing in this case

Well if Zay doesn't stumble, and runs it out to where the Ball was thrown, it would have been right over his right shoulder... instead of over his left and over his head causing him to stretch back for it...

So just to be clear, you don't know where the correct spot is? You just know that it wasn't Tyrod's fault?

Wow what a surprise, the people who like Tyrod blame Zay more and people who don't blame Tyrod more. When literally none of us has a freaking clue. What route was called? Where was Zay supposed to go? Did he stumble like it looked like to me on the replay? Did Tyrod read the coverage wrong? If anyone can answer these questions you can safely say who's fault it was.

That's pretty much what I saw.

I said it was a "great" throw, but I suppose a great throw would have been better than that, and caught. I just thought that it would have been an easy TD had Zay flattened out his route. The throw was to the right spot IMO, based on the coverage. Ball hits Zay in stride if the route isn't as hard to the sideline. But he's young, and was probably running the route exactly the way it was drawn up, rather than improvised based on the soft spot in the coverage.