A Lot of Idiot Fans in Buffalo

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have never seen so many people upset with a win. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we didn't throw down field to the receivers enough, whaaaaaaaaaa! Who freakin cares? Please someone explain to me why we should go out of our comfort zone against the Jets, the worst team in the league and decrease our odds of winning the game? By playing vanilla with a team like that, in my opinion it gave us about a 95% chance to win the game. So what are we suppose to decrease our chances to say 80-85% because people want to see more passes to the receivers? It really boggles the mind.

There are going to be games where if we want to win, we will have to absolutely throw down field to the receivers much more and get them involved in the offense. This was not that game. We were at home against the worst team in the league. It was pretty much a gimme. The point is to win the game and it would be absolutely idiotic to develop a game plan against a team like this that is a bit more open on offense but decreases your chances of winning. Also, why would you open up your offense and give future opponents more information than you need to? Let's run more of a downfield passing attack in this game because our fans are babies and don't understand the point is to win the game.

Finally Tyrod is what he is. I would be very surprised if all of a sudden he developed a nice intermediate passing game. We are tied to him for at lest this season and we should play to his and the offenses strengths. Enjoy the freakin win for Christ sakes.

You only have to face one team each week.

They beat that team.

It was probably the easiest game the Bills will face (on paper) this year.

A win is a win, no style points are handed out for a bonus.

It wasn't that great a performance though.

I'm glad they won. I have no wish to see this team tank because I think they're better than most give them credit for. I truly think they can be a 8+ win team. I also understand every team will bring a different game plan. Shots down field are nice but must be done at the right time. I recall the shot to Holmes which was a good call and drew the PI. I didn't see any chemistry with the WRs. If we see that come, even in the short game then optimism will grow.

Edited by billsbackto81

I guess if you don't get really happy after a win against the worst team in the NFL....you're upset.

Its a divisional game. They swept us last season and averaged like 34 points a game vs us. Its the home opener. Our offense put up a crap load of yards vs a decent defense and our defense shut down a poor offense. There was very little to complain about from yesterday other than our kicking woes continue.

Its a divisional game. They swept us last season and averaged like 34 points a game vs us. Its the home opener. Our offense put up a crap load of yards vs a decent defense and our defense shut down a poor offense. There was very little to complain about from yesterday other than our kicking woes continue.

I'm not unhappy or complaining. I'm not going to use this game as a measuring stick though.

A W is a W but to me, not an indicator of anything other than we dominated a very bad team.

well.... a good team would have been up 35-0 by the third quarter instead of clinging to a one-score lead where any random garbage can happen out there at any given time.

Russell Wilson dribbled a badly skipped football 3 feet in front of him on the 2 yesterday to ruin his team's day....

You only have to face one team each week.

They beat that team.

It was probably the easiest game the Bills will face (on paper) this year.

A win is a win, no style points are handed out for a bonus.

It wasn't that great a performance though.

It wasn't that terrible a performance either.

A win is a win.

But there's nothing useful to take from this in projecting it against a team that isn't in the bottom 5 of the NFL.

Agreed. It was a win that didn't tell me anything. We are 1-0. A win is a win, and you have to be happy with that. The Jets are really a terrible team. A win over them doesn't help us figure out who we are.

Both of your points are true.

Now we could also apply this logic to Carolina, who also beat a terrible team yesterday. Granted by a bigger margin, but the Panthers weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard.

I'm not saying the Panthers are a suspect team, I think they are very good. I just think that the Bills match-up against them better than most may actually think.

Was it mentioned by the Bills that we purposefully played vanilla against the jets?

they went to what i call the "garbagetime prevent D" that let the Jets skip-to-my-loo down the field by dink=and=dunk for their only drive of the game, but it was with a one score lead, which is very premature.

(remember this when many opponents do this and let Tyrod suddenly summon up a "great drive" after wheel-spinning to that point...)

A win is a win.

But there's nothing useful to take from this in projecting it against a team that isn't in the bottom 5 of the NFL.

- They showed they could close out the game

- They dominated the Jets d-line which is probably in the top half if not top 10 of defensive lines

- They limited stupid plays and penalties

- Humber appears more than adequate

- Bilal Powell and Matt Forte are not terrible and they only had two runs over 5 yards all game

This win doesn't prove anything, but it offers some hope for a game on the road against a likely middle-of-the-pack to good team. The idea that teams and players don't learn things from week to week, or can't build on efforts, is ridiculous.

they went to what i call the "garbagetime prevent D" that let the Jets skip-to-my-loo down the field by dink=and=dunk for their only drive of the game, but it was with a one score lead, which is very premature.

(remember this when many opponents do this and let Tyrod suddenly summon up a "great drive" after wheel-spinning to that point...)

I was more referring to OP saying we purposely didn't show anything on offense.

Fans aren't idiots because they realize the Bills had the best possible match up to start the season in a Jets team widely viewed as the worst team in the NFL fully capable of going 0-16 this year.

But on a positive note, yes it was great to see McDermott get off to a good start and hopefully be able to build on this.

But make no mistake about it, the real 2017 season begins next week in Carolina and I suspect this team is going to look much different against a vastly superior team, coach, QB, etc on the road.

But make no mistake about it, the real 2017 season begins next week in Carolina and I suspect this team is going to look much different against a vastly superior team, coach, QB, etc on the road.

Do you mean vastly superior to the Jets? Or to the Bills? Because there is zero evidence that those things are true about Carolina with regard to the Bills.

I have never seen so many people upset with a win. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we didn't throw down field to the receivers enough, whaaaaaaaaaa! Who freakin cares? Please someone explain to me why we should go out of our comfort zone against the Jets, the worst team in the league and decrease our odds of winning the game? By playing vanilla with a team like that, in my opinion it gave us about a 95% chance to win the game. So what are we suppose to decrease our chances to say 80-85% because people want to see more passes to the receivers? It really boggles the mind.

There are going to be games where if we want to win, we will have to absolutely throw down field to the receivers much more and get them involved in the offense. This was not that game. We were at home against the worst team in the league. It was pretty much a gimme. The point is to win the game and it would be absolutely idiotic to develop a game plan against a team like this that is a bit more open on offense but decreases your chances of winning. Also, why would you open up your offense and give future opponents more information than you need to? Let's run more of a downfield passing attack in this game because our fans are babies and don't understand the point is to win the game.

Finally Tyrod is what he is. I would be very surprised if all of a sudden he developed a nice intermediate passing game. We are tied to him for at lest this season and we should play to his and the offenses strengths. Enjoy the freakin win for Christ sakes.

This is a FAN site.

I think you are looking for the player's wives Facebook group.

well.... a good team would have been up 35-0 by the third quarter instead of clinging to a one-score lead where any random garbage can happen out there at any given time.

Russell Wilson dribbled a badly skipped football 3 feet in front of him on the 2 yesterday to ruin his team's day....

You mean how like the Falcons BARELY won their game against the Bears and came down to the final play of the game? Or how a blocked Punt allowed Pitt to barely win against Cleveland? Or how Houston got crushed by lowly Jags? Or how NE got smashed by KC? Or how Cincy got destroyed by Balt?

So maybe your ridiculous assessment of how a good team would have been up 35 at half time (and we should have been up bigger not for Clay) isn't so accurate. Bills were never in danger, and once we had a 2 score lead they went very conservative to just eat up clock because the D was holding their own as well.

I expect you to slam all those others teams for either barely wining against lesser teams or flat out losing.

We actually DOMINATED the Jets on both sides of the ball and actually won this game 31-12 except Clay blew the TD into an INT and once again we shanked a FG. This game was not nearly as close as the score was and we still won by 2 scores.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I didnt mean you. Just a bunch of whiny bitches.

but I'm a whiny B word, too!!!!!

Wait. Bitches is not filtered. It B word is.

Nice

Also, I think people generally know not to take anything seriously that I post to get upset by, which is a big help

Edited by Boyst62

You mean how like the Falcons BARELY won their game against the Bears and came down to the final play of the game? Or how a blocked Punt allowed Pitt to barely win against Cleveland? Or how Houston got crushed by lowly Jags? Or how NE got smashed by KC? Or how Cincy got destroyed by Balt?

So maybe your ridiculous assessment of how a good team would have been up 35 at half time (and we should have been up bigger not for Clay) isn't so accurate. Bills were never in danger, and once we had a 2 score lead they went very conservative to just eat up clock because the D was holding their own as well.

I expect you to slam all those others teams for either barely wining against lesser teams or flat out losing.

We actually DOMINATED the Jets on both sides of the ball and actually won this game 31-12 except Clay blew the TD into an INT and once again we shanked a FG. This game was not nearly as close as the score was and we still won by 2 scores.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was watching the end of the Atlanta game and if it wasnt for the Bears dropping passes in the end zone, the Falcons would be 0-1.

We won by two scores because the Jets decided to go for two instead of kicking an XP.

I'm not unhappy or complaining. I'm not going to use this game as a measuring stick though.

A W is a W but to me, not an indicator of anything other than we dominated a very bad team.

Yup. Glad we won. Havent heard anyone "upset" that we won, but it was definitely not some barometer of success.

A whiny post about whining? :lol::lol::lol:

Who is upset? Apart from the OP of course.... who is upset that people who are not upset appear upset.

:D:thumbsup: