Has McDermott Pulled a CHIP KELLY?

BBills14

Chip Kelly outright cut big money guys he didn't like. Has McD done that? Instead of trading away a LB who just tore his ACL, Chip traded his best player for one. Don't see many similarities.

No comparison.

Chip Kelly took a team that Andy Reid couldn't keep out of the cellar......with no QB at all........to two consecutive 10 win seasons.

AFTER he was successful in Philly....THEN he got selective about who he wanted in his lockeroom.

AFTER.

The Bills job McDermott inherited was MUCH easier by comparison..........top 5-10 scoring offense when Tyrod was playing and a wealth of underutilized defensive and special teams talent that had been poorly coached.

Or has he pulled a BELICHICK?!?!?!?!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Easy. You just respond with other ridiculous thoughts.

Or has he pulled a JIM Kelly - showing toughness and doling out discipline? Huuuuuh? Huuuuuuuh? :beer:

no, Shady, Deshaun and Maclin all fit his scheme. He just didn't want to pay them.

No......he didn't like their attitudes regarding his program.

Chip is cheap is inaccurate.......ask DeMarco Murray.

If the Bills went out and acquired a WR in free agency coming off something like the year that Murray had when Chip paid him.......1800 yards and 15 TD's, higher ypc than Sammy........I am guessing I'd feel better about the Sammy trade. :flirt:

His disregard for WR talent was the killer for Chip, you can't just acquire 3,000 yards worth of rushers and think you can just run the ball all day...........it had taken the Eagles quite a while and significant draft assets to GET Jackson and Maclin.....and gamebreakinig WR talent is tough to replace.

Runnin' bax? Not so much.

yes. He wasn't the one who gave him the contract, and he didn't want to pay him. He also just plain didn't like him, and shipped him off despite him being a perfect fit for his offense. He then turned around and paid big money to a guy who was a terrible fit for his offense to replace him. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm already not a fan of the coach or gm, great coaches adapt to the strengths of his team, these guys want everything done their way, in their system.

Adapt to what strength ? If we were a 10 win team and potential playoff contender I would agree with you , They are rebuilding from the ground up ( through the draft ) for the long haul , I'm not a big fan of the Watkins trade as well but Im pretty sure that if we had a franchise QB on the roaster Watkins would still be here today

I honestly can't reply to this post how I want to, without getting banned.

Lol hang in there buddy

No......he didn't like their attitudes regarding his program.

Chip is cheap is inaccurate.......ask DeMarco Murray.

If the Bills went out and acquired a WR in free agency coming off something like the year that Murray had when Chip paid him.......1800 yards and 15 TD's, higher ypc than Sammy........I am guessing I'd feel better about the Sammy trade. :flirt:

His disregard for WR talent was the killer for Chip, you can't just acquire 3,000 yards worth of rushers and think you can just run the ball all day...........it had taken the Eagles quite a while and significant draft assets to GET Jackson and Maclin.....and gamebreakinig WR talent is tough to replace.

Runnin' bax? Not so much.

Yep. It was interesting too because he struggled getting good WR fits for his offense, but he DID spend resources to try to get players. Jordan Matthews turned out to just be a slot WR, Josh Huff didn't work out in the NFL, Agholor got off to a rough start (but might be finally getting it together).

McDermott = Dick Jauron

Shut up, Meg.

Seriously tho I can't see the similarities beyond their stern demeanor. McDermot seems to have a plan, Jauron seemed to be going through the motions. Remember TO? Would we have signed him under the McBean administrations?

Shut up, Meg.

Seriously tho I can't see the similarities beyond their stern demeanor. McDermot seems to have a plan, Jauron seemed to be going through the motions. Remember TO? Would we have signed him under the McBean administrations?

We got Boldin, instead. Or, was that your point?

We didn't give Boldin the key to the city. So, yes, that is my point - we don't overspend for vets.

Juron gave TO the key to the city?

We didn't pay Boldin?

Edited by Paulus