Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, pretty much. The players we drafted clearly were not sought out by the Bills. They were sought out by Carolina. I don't know how to make it simpler. The scouts were never getting fired before the draft, that would be a huge mistake. What's weird is your belief that Pegula allowed a GM who he planned on firing to run a draft, using the draft board of scouts that he also planned on firing. How does that fit into your theory?

Not sure how you arrived at this conclusion when the Bills attended pro days for Tre White/Dion Dawkins and had workout with Peterman.

His upside is he is smart, makes good fast decisions, mobile, more than adequate accuracy, leader. Downside not a strong arm (although I haven't noticed this yet at least not obvious). I think he should be given a shot as we are obviously not going to make the playoffs this year.

I always wondered what was going through Whaley's mind. You know you're gone after the draft and another guy from another team is running it with the HC. I think he just set up the draft board, like wrote it on the white board and that was about it.

Hopefully he was thinking what he should have been, which is "I can't believe they let me run this team for as long as I did. Suckers!"

His upside is he is smart, makes good fast decisions, mobile, more than adequate accuracy, leader. Downside not a strong arm (although I haven't noticed this yet at least not obvious). I think he should be given a shot as we are obviously not going to make the playoffs this year.

He should be given nothing. Earn the job or sit down to learn.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Nobody is being harsh. You are mistaking honest evaluation for unnecessary harshness for some odd reason.

I just find it interesting the ongoing love for Tyrod ... that's the fun of this entire thread .. and trust me its been fun ... that's the beauty of this board for a long time Bills fan (though new "actively" to this board) but reading for years (hence the bow down to Gunner Bill) .. finally gets this ID and starts the philosophical discussions on this ... I threw the olive branch earlier to Bandit .. 26 Corner .. we apparently are further apart and no offense but Hokie might just be a little biased given Tyrod's college alum status .. at least I got my man "blue" from Old School on the Nate Bandwagon ... but if we don't think Tyrod gets us to the promise land ... let's try the Rook .. that's my only point .. then let's see what we want to do in 2018 ... regardless of who starts .. unfortunately given the schedule and the teams likely to win 10 games .. we won't make the post season .. so why piss away draft position because we play Tyrod for 2 to 3 or 4 more potential wins but no playoffs.

Edited by WideRightRevenge

I am convinced that at this early stage in his NFL career that Peterman is already a better QB in the pocket than T.T.

Holy crap ... another seasoned poster on the Nate Bandwagon ... WOW .. you go Magox. I wise man once said ... Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.

Holy crap ... another seasoned poster on the Nate Bandwagon ... WOW .. you go Magox. I wise man once said ... Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.

I'm not saying he's a better overall QB yet, just that in the pocket I believe him to have better anticipation, vision and decisiveness than TT. I like TT, I think he's a leader among men and I believe he has as good of a work ethic as you could hope in a player. I wish that he would be the man, but when I see him drop back, he sort of flounders around in the pocket at times which is a stark contrast to how quickly Peterman gets the ball out.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

For now....

Edited by Magox

I agree .. someone please show the Tyrod highlights (now granted against 2nd and 3rd string) from Tyrod the last two years Nate has hit in preseason ... Charles Clay looks like an All Pro with Nate. The Bills receivers have had the serious dropskies this preseason ... even on Nate's first game with Taiwan on 4th down on the 5 yard line for a first down. Tyrod hasn't had enough throws to match the dropskies .. but he did have 2 INTS and 2 tackles in the same game.

So if he has no noticeable downside why do you think he was a day 3 pick?

Is he a different player than 6 months ago, or do you have a better eye than everyone in the NFL?

Is he a different player than 6 months ago, or do you have a better eye than everyone in the NFL?

NFL GMs are consistently as bad as anyone else at picking QBs. Draft position means nothing once you're on a team. I shouldn't need to list all the late round success stories.

And yes I think I have a better eye for QBs than most GMs. Certainly no worse than them. There is no reason Mahomes should have been taken before Peterman, let alone in the 1st round. GMs are easily wowed by big strong armed QBs regardless of how poor their mechanics are.

NFL GMs are consistently as bad as anyone else at picking QBs. Draft position means nothing once you're on a team. I shouldn't need to list all the late round success stories.

And yes I think I have a better eye for QBs than most GMs. Certainly no worse than them. There is no reason Mahomes should have been taken before Peterman, let alone in the 1st round. GMs are easily wowed by big strong armed QBs regardless of how poor their mechanics are.

You have this figured out with Kizer and Mahomes with no future while Peterman does. :thumbsup: NFL teams, HappyDays are here again!

Could have been a whole ton of college related factors hampering him transferring to Pitt for his last 2 years.

With better coaches and players he very much could be a more mature, different and much better player than 6 months ago.

You have this figured out with Kizer and Mahomes with no future while Peterman does. :thumbsup: NFL teams, HappyDays are here again!

Tell me the last strong big arm QB who had poor mechanics in college that made it. It does not happen. But hey I don't mind throwing my opinion out there. If I'm wrong I'm sure you'll be there to tell me.

Tell me the last strong big arm QB who had poor mechanics in college that made it. It does not happen. But hey I don't mind throwing my opinion out there. If I'm wrong I'm sure you'll be there to tell me.

I don't disagree with you on him, he has to develop and KC will give him time to do just that.

There is one thing about Peterman in the preseason games that reminds me SO MUCH of Trent Edwards. Where are the throws downfield? I don't mean 40 yard fly patterns, but how about crossing patterns or slants where the ball travels 15-20 yards past the line of Scrimmage? It is like watching Trent Edwards all over.

I don't disagree with you on him, he has to develop and KC will give him time to do just that.

And they should/will because Alex Smith is clearly the better QB.

There is one thing about Peterman in the preseason games that reminds me SO MUCH of Trent Edwards. Where are the throws downfield? I don't mean 40 yard fly patterns, but how about crossing patterns or slants where the ball travels 15-20 yards past the line of Scrimmage? It is like watching Trent Edwards all over.

Behind this OL, I also wouldn't wait for a long pass to open up.

Maybe the under pressure numbers are a little less scary, because unlike Taylor he actually gets rid of the ball quick?

This I agree with. I can't tell you how many times my twelve year old has screamed at the tv the last two years "THROW THE BALL!" Who starts? I want to go with TT and let Peterman sit and learn. However if his pre snap reads are this good I could see Nate as the starter.

OK .. new rule ... no QB's allowed to be drafted after round 3 ... they must suck ... see Brady, Dak, Cousins

Holy poo poo, when the hell are you guys going to give it up? THIS AIN'T TRENT EDWARDS. or should I say Trentative as he was called. Nate is anything but hesitant with what he does with the ball. He has passed every test he's been faced with. The next test is real game play and what are you going to do when he passes that test too? Are you going to start a new negative thread every time he throws an incomplete pass?

Give it a rest, nobody's anointing him savior. Taylor will start when he's healthy, but in all likelihood will either get injured again or show he can't run this offense efficiently.

Holy poo poo, when the hell are you guys going to give it up? THIS AIN'T TRENT EDWARDS. or should I say Trentative as he was called. Nate is anything but hesitant with what he does with the ball. He has passed every test he's been faced with. The next test is real game play and what are you going to do when he passes that test too? Are you going to start a new negative thread every time he throws an incomplete pass?

Give it a rest, nobody's anointing him savior. Taylor will start when he's healthy, but in all likelihood will either get injured again or show he can't run this offense efficiently.

You tell someone else to give it up and then post the bolded nonsense. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

OK .. new rule ... no QB's allowed to be drafted after round 3 ... they must suck ... see Brady, Dak, Cousins

How about no evaluations of day 3 qbs in their first preseason that include essentially saying they are without flaw and make the right reads, are highly accurate, strong armed and athletic leaders?

I didn't say he COULDNT succeed. I said he was a day 3 pick because 32 gms agreed he was a prospect with shortcomings - which stands to reason either he's changed as a player or all 32 whiffed incredibly bad.

He could succeed - but is likely a project and certainly a long shot.

I admit that tonight was impressive. His release was as quick as I've seen from a QB, with some zip on the ball. HOWEVER, he was also only being asked to make one read. This is also the 4th preseason game, which we all know what teams show.

I think he showed enough to give him a chance when this season gets out of hand. And by that I mean, if TT isn't showing why he is ABSOLUTELY the QB of our future and we are below .500 halfway through the season, I give Peterman.

As for the comment about comparing him to Trent Edwards? Again, I don't know how you can compare them after such as short amount of time. Yes, he hasn't gone deep, but neither has Tyrod.

I'm not sure exactly what we have in Peterman but I know he has the floor of being one of the better backups in the NFL for a long time and that he likely has a long career ahead of him, if only in that role. I see a lot of Chad Pennington in him before he got his shoulder injury. If he could be Chad Pennington for us I think we could win a lot of games.