Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which was miles better than ..............

Tyrod Taylor.

There is no break given for a 12 rating!!!!

How do you think Peterman would have fared against the Eagles 1st team D under heavy pressure with very little protection from the OL (Henderson at LT and Ducasse at RG)? You need to do a full examination of both situations that each QB faced and reassess with some objectivity instead of just blindly throwing out stats and QB ratings that don't mean a whole lot.

Yes, T.T should absolutely be the starter.

Peterman should only come in if T.T absolutely tanks during the year or if he's injured.

If we start off like 0-4, 0-6 or something, go for it. Or even if its a 2-3 situation and Tyrod's playing like crap. You can have the hook ready, but you have to be able to truly justify it.

so you're saying bench the starter because of his performance in a preseason game...? He looked fine in week 1.

who looked fine in week 1? Taylor? not quite, oh wait lets blame penalties.

Taylor should be looking good and playing confident. He's not. He downright sucked last night with a 12 rating.!!!

God almighty if EJ had a 12 rating fans would have hired a moving truck and had it parked outside his home!!!!

How do you think Peterman would have fared against the Eagles 1st team D under heavy pressure with very little protection from the OL (Henderson at LT and Ducasse at RG)? You need to do a full examination of both situations that each QB faced and reassess with some objectivity instead of just blindly throwing out stats and QB ratings that don't mean a whole lot.

12 Rat

/argument

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Taylor should be looking good and playing confident. He's not. He downright sucked last night with a 12 rating.!!!

God almighty if EJ had a 12 rating fans would have hired a moving truck and had it parked outside his home!!!!

12 Rat

/argument

You must be JM2009's brother because you're behaving in the same manner that you accuse him of.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

12 Rat

/argument

It's a game that doesn't matter.... need to slow your role.

He certainly made some nice throws last night. The one over the middle (forgot who caught it) think it was O'Leary, put it where only he could catch it. Slipped it right by the defenders hands. And the other 1 (think it was Zay Jones) who caught it at the sideline. Back shoulder pass where only he could catch.

Kid is looking sharp so far and showing he has good accuracy.

Eventually we are going to get lucky and one of the guys we have, is going to be good. Who knows? It could be Nate. He certainly seems to be a gamer. Also seems to grasp the concept of the quick decisive passing game. Horses for corses...some guys just fit systems better then others

Nate Peterman is not a plan.

A 5th Rounder was not someone the NFL thought highly of, and 5th Rounders don't usually pan out.

once you get in the league, you either can play, or you can't. Doesn't matter how you got there. It matters what you do when you get there

A 5th Rounder was not someone the NFL thought highly of, and 5th Rounders don't usually pan out.

That may be true

what was the round Tyrod was drafted again. O forget.

Nothing is a guarantee.

I've yet to see some one post that Nate is the answer.

The discussion has been --- people are liking what they have seen.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

With this logic, we should bring back EJ.

After all, he was drafted in the first...

The new backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team. What's Jeff Tuel doing these days?

I realize Peterman was playing with 2nd teamers, but the guy doesn't seem the least bit intimidated and by just watching him it would be hard to tell we are looking at a rookie in my humble opinion.

I realize Peterman was playing with 2nd teamers, but the guy doesn't seem the least bit intimidated and by just watching him it would be hard to tell we are looking at a rookie in my humble opinion.

...who gives a rat's azz which level he faced?...second string, third string or G string.......you can gauge the kid's ability to process the field FIRST AND FOREMOST.......if the 2nd, 3rd or G string does not respond, it is a statistical matter only....defensive coverage at this early stage is immaterial.....I'm more interested in his scan and reactionary prowess versus defensive coverage now..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...who gives a rat's azz which level he faced?...second string, third string or G string.......you can gauge the kid's ability to process the field FIRST AND FOREMOST.......if the 2nd, 3rd or G string does not respond, it is a statistical matter only....defensive coverage at this early stage is immaterial.....I'm more interested in his scan and reactionary prowess versus defensive coverage now..........

Great pocket awareness almost like eyes in the back of his head.

I really like what I'm seeing AFL

Got blasted yesterday for saying pretty much the same thing. Glad to see I'm not as ignorant as I began to think I was. It's like the kid sees the whole field pre snap and processes in the time it takes to get the play off. You don't coach that up.

With this logic, we should bring back EJ.

After all, he was drafted in the first...

You got fans calling up radio stations to trade or bench Tyrod and give Peterman a chance to start under the premise hey you never know....

This town is so desperate for one of their underdog stories to work out. You had fans who couldn't give up on Trent, the fans that agreed with Nix that Fitzpatrick was a franchise QB, fans who think that EJ never got a fair shake, fans who still think Baltimore's old backup is suddenly going to get good in his 3rd year of starting and now Peterman deserves his shot.

A real plan would have been Mahomes or Watson at #10.

Not these long shot, backup, 5th, 6th and 7th Rounders the Bills trot out there for years at a time.

Just watching the replay of last nights game...man Tyrod looks terrible. I don't see where someone is going to definitively say, Tyrod gives us the best chance to win. I'm not saying it's not true, but it's not a sure thing. Maybe this system is a bad match for his game

This is a good point...Sal C keeps arguing on WGR that Tyrod gives us the best chance to win, but I'm not so sure.

If the offense fits everything that Peterman is good at and nothing that Tyrod is good at, does Taylor really give the Bills the best chance to win?

Sure, Tyrod is the most experienced QB between the two, but he can't read defenses, can't anticipate receivers, can't throw the seam route, can't throw from the pocket, etc, etc...all these things are REQUIRED by this offense...and this might be why the rookie looks like the vet and vice versa imo.

And just think, this is just the tip of the iceberg for Peterman...just wait til he really gets a handle on the offense and all the looks on D...it's weird to say, but we really haven't had a QB this polished in a long time and he is just starting his career.

Edited by JaCrispy

This is a good point...Sal C keeps arguing on WGR that Tyrod gives us the best chance to win, but I'm not so sure.

If the offense fits everything that Peterman is good at and nothing that Tyrod is good at, does Taylor really give the Bills the best chance to win?

Sure, Tyrod is the most experienced QB between the two, but he can't read defenses, can't anticipate receivers, can't throw the seam route, can't throw from the pocket, etc, etc...all these things are REQUIRED by this offense...and this might be why the rookie looks like the vet and vice versa imo.

And just think, this is just the tip of the iceberg for Peterman...just wait til he really gets a handle on the offense and all the looks on D...it's weird to say, but we really haven't had a QB this polished in a long time and he is just starting his career.

I think Peterman will prove to be great value for where we picked him up, but if you think he'd outperform Tyrod right now you are sorely mistaken. He was 1 of 6 for 7 yards under pressure last night against 2nd and 3rd stringers. If he played with the ones against Philly's starters playing like they were he would have done nothing. Give him time and let him develop.

If Tyrod tanks next game and peterman shines he will be given a series with the first team final game.

Otherwise it will take a sub 500 start after 4 games with Tyrod playing sub par before you see Tyrod getting benched.

It'll be scrub city in the final preseason game and Tyrod is taking every snap with the starters in the next preseason game at BAL.

It's funny that people keep using the round Peterman was drafted in as a knock, yet he was drafted in an early round then Tyrod...

Tyrod has 29 games of NFL tape to judge his ability on. Nate, at this point, is still a projection at the NFL level. That's not a knock on him, he'll get his shot eventually. Once a player has established themselves with live NFL playing time that becomes more relevant than their draft position. Nobody says Christian Ponder is better than Tom Brady because of their draft position, and nobody should say Peterman is going to be Brady/Cousins/whoever until he actually does something.