Eagles Sign Ex- Bills S Corey Graham to a One-Year Deal

Good signing. Quite a collection of ex bills over there

Schwartz recognized the talent and abilities of the players on the roster at the time, and obviously still does. He made that defense one of the top performing in the league with only 1 or 2 "name brand" players. I respect that. He didn't come in saying he needs this type of player for this type of scheme...he built around present talent.

Schwartz recognized the talent and abilities of the players on the roster at the time, and obviously still does. He made that defense one of the top performing in the league with only 1 or 2 "name brand" players. I respect that. He didn't come in saying he needs this type of player for this type of scheme...he built around present talent.

Well, the talent that he did have was a perfect fit for his scheme. A front four that could dominate

I'd take him back on a minimum contract if he wants one last shot. You never can have enough pass rushers.

And good for Graham. He was really good his first couple of years for him. I

Lol, I highly doubt this coaching staff and regime would feel the same way even if he does swallow his pride and takes the pay that he deserves nowadays Edited by JimKellyTryouts

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say Rex did a good job building a D around the talent he had. And yeah, I agree, Schwartz did a great job.

Well, the talent that he did have was a perfect fit for his scheme. A front four that could dominate

Yes, sir. Schwartz had good players for the D he wanted to run.

Schwartz has a mixed record as a defensive coach. He shined in Buffalo because he had the right players for his kind of defense.

I hope Corey does well reuniting with him.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Surprised someone didn't sign him sooner. Good luck.

I understand signing someone after you've had a few days of training camp and identity any shortcomings but it was weird that the Bills made those roster moves a couple days before camp.

If Graham was our #3 and Rambo our #4, I'd feel pretty good about our defensive backfield, should've brought Graham back.

That's something to ponder in why McD felt better about bringing Rambo back and not Corey. Both probably got vet minimum deals.

That's something to ponder in why McD felt better about bringing Rambo back and not Corey. Both probably got vet minimum deals.

Graham and Rambo both had their struggles at S but I think Graham just doesn't have the legs anymore. His decline was swift from playing CB just 3 years ago for us.

I can't argue Graham's play declined at the end of the season last year however it should be noted he was still rated as our best secondary player in 2016 and having played better than either of Hyde and or Poyer

So if you want to create a narrative that Graham was finished, fine, what does that say about the players who have replaced him, that in 4 years of NFL experience neither approached the level of play Graham was at, and was even worse than Graham at his worst?

Just saying.....I will miss Graham

jc

Corey Graham is from Buffalo and always wanted to play for the Bills. The dude had heart and never quit. I was disappointed and didn't understand why they didn't keep him, especially being thin at the position. I am glad he got picked up somewhere.

Corey Graham is from Buffalo and always wanted to play for the Bills. The dude had heart and never quit. I was disappointed and didn't understand why they didn't keep him, especially being thin at the position. I am glad he got picked up somewhere.

Yeah, Corey Graham was fun to watch under Schwartz, but who wasn't. Then the magic Ryan brothers made him disappear. Philly got a great deal.

Yeah, Corey Graham was fun to watch under Schwartz, but who wasn't. Then the magic Ryan brothers made him disappear. Philly got a great deal.

Yeah they certainly did. Philly's defense improved last year, went from 28th in 2015 to 12th in 2016 under Schwartz from what I remember.