The Tyrod Taylor Question

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0684044527173900519-4

I can't wait to hear news that he's actually sharper in practice. I saw another update saying that him and Sammy are having a hard time connecting and I saw another one saying he wasn't to sharp.

I hope this is just early season jitters. Please let it be.

If you read Astros reports Tyrod is fine. This jamoke is basing that story on a couple of passes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to hear news that he's actually sharper in practice. I saw another update saying that him and Sammy are having a hard time connecting and I saw another one saying he wasn't to sharp.

FWIW this came from Rodak. He's the worst.

I hope you're right.

I think it's mostly on TT but that's to be expected. His previous offense was about the run to setup the pass. Not a lot of timing routes involved. He's being asked to do more and there are growing pains. Just hope they don't become lingering pains.

I would take every one of those guys over TT except Bradford and Smith(not a fan)

Tannehill sucks. Dalton seems to suck without Green. Bradford isn't very inspiring either. Palmers got bum knees.

Mariota, Wentz, Prescott are young. Mariota looks legit, and Prescott worked through some mid-season struggles last year. Wentz was a rookie so it is what it is.

I don't entirely disagree here, but I think you've mistaken the conversation a bit. Transplant was talking about how you'd rank the QB's 2015 season specifically.

In 2015, Luck played in 7 games and didn't look good; Ben played in 12 games, had a worse TD% and nearly triple the TO%; Carr had decent overall numbers on high volume, his YPA and Turnovers suffered because of it; Smith had fewer YPG, worse YPA, and scored fewer TDs and 1 more INT than Tyrod in 2 additional games; Ryan had 3 fewer TDs and 15 more TOs in 16 games, and a very similar YPA to Tyrod.

That's not to say Tyrod is a better QB right now than any of them (though I think he's better than Smith), but based on that year alone he produced better than some IMO.

Ah - didn't feel like digging through a 30 page thread TBH.

I think it's mostly on TT but that's to be expected. His previous offense was about the run to setup the pass. Not a lot of timing routes involved. He's being asked to do more and there are growing pains. Just hope they don't become lingering pains.

Right? The practices are fast paced. There's a lot more to a 2 hour practice than like 5 throws in 11x11 work.

I want anybody that line up under center for the Bills to be successful regardless of who it is. With the kind of running game Tyrod has had at his disposal and with the amount of time he's been in the league is it wrong to expect more from him? I understand all of the responses both negative and positive. Just understand I want more from my team. I'm not on the rebuild excuse, new coaching staff excuse, new scheme and playbook excuse. I just want more for my team for a change. These excuses have been going on now for over 17yrs. That's far to long. Why are we the only team that accepts mediocrity and then make excuses for it?

I want anybody that line up under center for the Bills to be successful regardless of who it is. With the kind of running game Tyrod has had at his disposal and with the amount of time he's been in the league is it wrong to expect more from him? I understand all of the responses both negative and positive. Just understand I want more from my team. I'm not on the rebuild excuse, new coaching staff excuse, new scheme and playbook excuse. I just want more for my team for a change. These excuses have been going on now for over 17yrs. That's far to long. Why are we the only team that accepts mediocrity and then make excuses for it?

what are you going to do personally about it to create change?

You act like the reason we don't have a Brady or Rodgers is that someone is too stubborn or lazy to go to the store and buy one.

Look around the league. Most teams want a QB that good. So why do they "accept mediocrity" as you so elegantly put it? Maybe it's because finding one is a little tougher than just holding your breath and stamping your feet.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't entirely disagree here, but I think you've mistaken the conversation a bit. Transplant was talking about how you'd rank the QB's 2015 season specifically.

In 2015, Luck played in 7 games and didn't look good; Ben played in 12 games, had a worse TD% and nearly triple the TO%; Carr had decent overall numbers on high volume, his YPA and Turnovers suffered because of it; Smith had fewer YPG, worse YPA, and scored fewer TDs and 1 more INT than Tyrod in 2 additional games; Ryan had 3 fewer TDs and 15 more TOs in 16 games, and a very similar YPA to Tyrod.

That's not to say Tyrod is a better QB right now than any of them (though I think he's better than Smith), but based on that year alone he produced better than some IMO.

Flacco is over rated at this stage.

You act like the reason we don't have a Brady or Rodgers is that someone is too stubborn or lazy to go to the store and buy one.

Look around the league. Most teams want a QB that good. So why do they "accept mediocrity" as you so elegantly put it? Maybe it's because finding one is a little tougher than just holding your breath and stamping your feet.

I'm really not concerned with other teams. However the qb situation for the Bills have been outright embarrassing. And there have been quite a few misses along the way. As bad as the Browns have been their luck have been better then the Bills. The Bills have the longest drought in the league. Since Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie look what the Bills been getting at QB, compared to what they could've had. I just would like to see changes.

Tannehill and Palmer do nothing for me. I'd have Dalton, Prescott, Mariota and Flacco ahead. Wentz is a big question mark to me but in the too early to tell.

Wentz was doing more at the LOS in his first month as QB than TT has done in his entire career. I'd take Wentz in a heartbeat. He and Eagles offense fell apart after a nice start but as a QB you need to be able to process the game and Wentz has shown some of that already.

Rose colored glasses...?

Nope Bills colored glasses.

I'm with you brother.

thank you. until then, i'll be awaiting the threads that let us know you don't like tyrod.

I don't know Tyrod I just speak on his inability to be a good qb for the Bills. That's not saying I don't like him. There are some great athletes I don't like because of their arrogance like OBJ. I like Tyrod and I even liked EJ because of their approach to the game and Their attitudes. However if they're not good qb's what's wrong with speaking on it? So if I say he's good then I like him?

Here's 15 in no particular order who are better than Tyrod:

Brady Big Ben Luck Rivers Carr Smith Manning Cousins Stafford Rodgers Ryan Newton Brees Winston

Wilson

He's in a tier with these guys:

Flacco Tannehill Dalton Mariota Wentz Prescott Bradford Palmer

Dak Prescott disrespect alarm. Dalton/Flacco don't belong in this tier either.

They have had plenty of success compared to TT.

Wentz was doing more at the LOS in his first month as QB than TT has done in his entire career. I'd take Wentz in a heartbeat. He and Eagles offense fell apart after a nice start but as a QB you need to be able to process the game and Wentz has shown some of that already.

Wentz was asked to do a lot and looked pretty brutal doing it, but that's to be expected for a rook. They went out and upgraded his weapons quite a bit. It'll be fun to see whether he takes a step or continues to flame out this year.

really .. you are having pre seaosn jitters on a team with a new GM new coach new systems

I suggest you wait till we actually see improvement before you get your underwear in knots.. Then maybe next year or the year after you can have jitters as there will be expectation associated with it. If you have expectations this year then just accept disappointment now

Myself I'm hopeful but if it all goes to poop then oh well wasn't really expecting much either

Edited by ddaryl

I'm really not concerned with other teams. However the qb situation for the Bills have been outright embarrassing. And there have been quite a few misses along the way. As bad as the Browns have been their luck have been better then the Bills. The Bills have the longest drought in the league. Since Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie look what the Bills been getting at QB, compared to what they could've had. I just would like to see changes.

Well the past is the past. You can't change it. Now is year one of a new regime. Taylor was the best QB the Bills were going to get in 2017. (No one in the draft was going to step in and be as good as you want.)

So if you want to follow the Bills you better learn to root for Taylor. If not then pick another team or come back next year.

Wentz was asked to do a lot and looked pretty brutal doing it, but that's to be expected for a rook. They went out and upgraded his weapons quite a bit. It'll be fun to see whether he takes a step or continues to flame out this year.

He looked good at points early in the season then the bottom fell out over there in Philly. Maybe he took too many hits? I don't really know. He was making adjustments at the line and going through progressions as early as week 2 I remember it because it was a MNF game and Gruden was gushing.

A week later he threw for over 300 when they blew out Pitt.

Well the past is the past. You can't change it. Now is year one of a new regime. Taylor was the best QB the Bills were going to get in 2017. (No one in the draft was going to step in and be as good as you want.)

So if you want to follow the Bills you better learn to root for Taylor. If not then pick another team or come back next year.

I sure will. As long as he's the starter I'm rooting for him, he plays for my team.

He looked good at points early in the season then the bottom fell out over there in Philly. Maybe he took too many hits? I don't really know. He was making adjustments at the line and going through progressions as early as week 2 I remember it because it was a MNF game and Gruden was gushing.

A week later he threw for over 300 when they blew out Pitt.

Yep, his first 4 weeks looked solid. Then it fell apart. He finished with the 3rd lowest YPT, 2nd lowest TD%, and 5th lowest TD/TO ratio of any QB with 200+ attempts last year.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Here's 15 in no particular order who are better than Tyrod:

Brady Big Ben Luck Rivers Carr Smith Manning Cousins Stafford Rodgers Ryan Newton Brees Winston

Wilson

He's in a tier with these guys:

Flacco Tannehill Dalton Mariota Wentz Prescott Bradford Palmer

Im not putting interception machines like WInston ahead of Tyrod

Yep, his first 4 weeks looked solid. Then it fell apart. He finished with the 2nd lowest YPT, Lowest TD%, and Lowest TD/TO ratio of any QB with 200+ attempts last year.

Yeah I saw some numbers on his completions over 20/25 yards, it was all time bad. I can't remember the exact stat.

I don't know Tyrod I just speak on his inability to be a good qb for the Bills. That's not saying I don't like him. There are some great athletes I don't like because of their arrogance like OBJ. I like Tyrod and I even liked EJ because of their approach to the game and Their attitudes. However if they're not good qb's what's wrong with speaking on it? So if I say he's good then I like him?

don't get me wrong. i know where you're coming from. i don't think tyrod is an adequate long term starter either, but this year he's the best we have to work with. i don't get why guys like buffalobud420 continually make tyrod bashing thread where there's absolutely nothing the fans can do about it this year. unless something unusual happens this year, i'm going to assume we'll have a new qb starting very very soon.

Yeah I saw some numbers on his completions over 20/25 yards, it was all time bad. I can't remember the exact stat.

He really is one of my more interesting watches this year with the new upgrades at WR. It helps that I feel neutral to his success since he is NFC and we didn't ever have a realistic shot at taking him.