The Tyrod Taylor Question

It is? 1-11 / 12-22 / 23-32. He would be in the middle third block (pun intended), which would be the average block.

Those are just arbitrary numbers you made up.

The 16th best QB is average. Everyone above him is above average. Everyone below is below average. That's just a mathematical fact. No matter what numbers you make up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 16th best QB is average. Everyone above him is above average. Everyone below is below average. That's just a mathematical fact. No matter what numbers you make up.

Written without a shred of irony.

That maths isn't quite right.... cos there would be 15 above and 16 below. In a 32 team league there is no exact "mid point". Tyrod is in the group that I would class as average and whether he is 15th best (which I think is very generous) or 20th best (which I think is closer) doesn't change the fact that I'd call him average.

Well they aren't numbers I made up. I chose not to look at only 1 QB being average and everyone below him being below average. I think calling QBs 17-32 below average is simple minded.

That maths isn't quite right.... cos there would be 15 above and 16 below. In a 32 team league there is no exact "mid point". Tyrod is in the group that I would class as average and whether he is 15th best (which I think is very generous) or 20th best (which I think is closer) doesn't change the fact that I'd call him average.

This is the way I look at it. Thank you. Just like I wouldn't just call say the top 5 QBs "above average." To me there has to be some kind of range.

Anyone who would suggest that there is no statistical range to rate a player, in any category, in terms of average, below, and above (in other words, there is only one player, at each position, in the league, who can be considered "average") is lying, an idiot, or both.

I think I know which...

Written without a shred of irony.

Do you know what the average of a data set of 1-32 is?

That's not arbitrary. That's fact.

Grade school arithmetic is now open. Find your seat.

15.5 would really be it, whether you round up or down, 19th is still not "average."

15.5 would really be it, whether you round up or down, 19th is still not "average."

conc0100_wmf.jpg

You can try to figure that out, if you wish.

Anyone who would suggest that there is no statistical range to rate a player, in any category, in terms of average, below, and above (in other words, there is only one player, at each position, in the league, who can be considered "average") is lying, an idiot, or both.

I think I know which...

How could someone be "lying" in this instance? Do we need to find you placement in grade school reading comprehension as well? You're gonna have quite a busy semester. Edited by jmc12290

Actually it would be 16.5.

How could someone be "lying" in this instance? Do we need to find you placement in grade school reading comprehension as well? You're gonna have quite a busy semester.

Or the grade school way of 1+2+3....+32/32.

Damn you Brits.

Pretty much proving my point. Cheers!

Edited by Rocky Landing

Of course it is if you want to look at it that way. Again, I think its simple minded to only view one QB as average and 15 to 16 other QBs as below average.

The average amount of TDs scored by the top 32 QBs in 2016 was 25.59. Taylor scored 23. 2.5 TDs less than league average. Probably would have hit league average had he played the Jets game.

Pretty much proving my point. Cheers!

You had one?

Of course it is if you want to look at it that way. Again, I think its simple minded to only view one QB as average and 15 to 16 other QBs as below average.

The average amount of TDs scored by the top 32 QBs in 2016 was 25.59. Taylor scored 23. 2.5 TDs less than league average. Probably would have hit league average had he played the Jets game.

Less than league average is the same thing as below average, right? Am I taking crazy pills?

Well. We have 50 some pages on the TT question when the answers are obvious.

1. He is the starting QB

2. He will make some great plays and some lousy ones(as do all QBs)

3. He will be careful with the ball.

4. He will not be as good as some want, and will be better than some will admit.

If there is a question to be answered, it is how Dennison will structure the offense.

You had one?

Less than league average is the same thing as below average, right? Am I taking crazy pills?

Yes that's what I said it was less than league average. By 2.5 touchdowns. Pretty sure he would have scored that in the Jets game. Even if he didn't so what. He is still what I consider an average QB. You don't agree. Life will go on.