The Tyrod Taylor Question

Less than league average is the same thing as below average, right? Am I taking crazy pills?

If you take 32 passing TD leaders, league average is 22.37 to TTs 17, well below average.

That includes Moore and Barkley with only 8 and Keenum with 9.

He needs to be a lot better, 7th year, no excuses anymore.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that's what I said it was less than league average. By 2.5 touchdowns. Pretty sure he would have scored that in the Jets game. Even if he didn't so what. He is still what I consider an average QB. You don't agree. Life will go on.

Tyrod scored more than 2 touchdowns in a game just twice in 2016. He averaged 1.5 TD's per game in 2016. Not sure why you're convinced he'd easily put up more than 2 in that last game.

I guess I'm confused because you can admit his numbers are all below average but he isn't.

Edited by jmc12290

If you take 32 passing TD leaders, league average is 22.37 to TTs 17, well below average.

That includes Moore and Barkley with only 8 and Keenum with 9.

He needs to be a lot better, 7th year, no excuses anymore.

3rd year on the field, 7 years in the league but I know holding a clipboard gives him more experience than he needs from the field...

even with that said this is his last year in buffalo if he doesn't improve his passing game...remains to be seen.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Tyrod scored more than 2 touchdowns in a game just twice in 2016. He averaged 1.5 TD's per game in 2016. Not sure why you're convinced he'd easily put up more than 2 in that last game.

I guess I'm confused because you can admit his numbers are all below average but he isn't.

He had 3 against the Jets in the first game and that's before the Jets packed it in for the season.

Because I don't view one QB as average. I view block of QBs as average. Just like I don't view Brady as above average. I view him and a block of others with him as elite.

We don't need to argue about it. I respect your viewpoint and others that share it. I just don't agree

Edited by Scott7975

He had 3 against the Jets in the first game and that's before the Jets packed it in for the season.

Because I don't view one QB as average. I view block of QBs as average. Just like I don't view Brady as above average. I view him and a block of others with him as elite.

We don't need to argue about it. I respect your viewpoint and others that share it. I just don't agree

According to his math, there is no "average quarterback," because there is an even number of starting quarterbacks (32). I suppose, if one of them dies, either Winston, or Dalton would be the league's one, and only "average quarterback," depending on who died. (By PFF's rankings, anyway)

This is the logic you are bothering to argue with.

According to his math, there is no "average quarterback," because there is an even number of starting quarterbacks (32). I suppose, if one of them dies, either Winston, or Dalton would be the league's one, and only "average quarterback," depending on who died. (By PFF's rankings, anyway)

This is the logic you are bothering to argue with.

I've never seen someone get so emotional over basic math. Take a breath my man.

3rd year on the field, 7 years in the league but I know holding a clipboard gives him more experience than he needs from the field...

even with that said this is his last year in buffalo if he doesn't improve his passing game...remains to be seen.

6 years worth of OTAs, training camps, pre season games, and 4 years of running scout teams and being on a playoff and SB winning team.

A lot more to it than just holding a clipboard. No more excuses for him.

I too think it's his last year here as i'm not expecting his passing game to be improved at all.

Edited by old school

6 years worth of OTAs, training camps, pre season games, and 4 years of running scout teams and being on a playoff and SB winning team.

A lot more to it than just holding a clipboard. No more excuses.

I too think it's his last year here as i'm not expecting his passing game to be improved at all.

Hope springs eternal in Buffalo!

My question for you is this: When most of Taylor's numbers were well above average in 2015 was that something you were able to agree to? Or was he only average then?

IMO, that is the correct way to view QB rankings. In other words, it is very likely that an "average QB" is somewhere between a 12 and 20 ranking in whatever kind of statistical ranking one wants to use. Meaning a 12 ranked QB is really not any better than the 20th. This is somewhat subjective of course and the spread can grow more or less year to year.

Taylor scored the 19th most TD's last season. That's not good enough.

Wow, 19th? That's actually higher than I thought it would be. Considering that the Bills as a team had at least 3 more rushing TDs than any other NFL team not located in Dallas even without Taylor's 6 rushing TDs, 19th for Taylor seems pretty okay.

It is? 1-11 / 12-22 / 23-32. He would be in the middle third block (pun intended), which would be the average block. I mean I guess its below avg, if only 2 QBs in the league is considered average with everyone above being above avg and everyone below being below average. I guess 15 QBs can be above average and 15 QBs can be below average while only 2 are average.

BWAHAHAHA!!! Love it! :thumbsup:

Wow, 19th? That's actually higher than I thought it would be. Considering that the Bills as a team had at least 3 more rushing TDs than any other NFL team not located in Dallas even without Taylor's 6 rushing TDs, 19th for Taylor seems pretty okay.

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-v0eHX3n28wvoQ

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Does nobody care about the punting competition!?

I love special teams so I hope that rookie punter can boom the hell out of the ball . And consistently unlike Colton Schmidt who's leg seemed to die on him.

Can the rookie run?!? Man moorman could fly for a punter