The Tyrod Taylor Question

I think one thing I'd like to see that he never got a great chance to do would be pre-snap reads/audibles. We struggled so badly to line up quickly and get play calls in during the first 2 years. I know part of that is on Tyrod but a lot of it falls on coaching as it was a known issue with Roman before we brought him in.

Using motion to better recognize coverage, setting up the o-line, and adjusting the snap count to slow down pass rushers.

I like this post

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really feigning ignorance now? I know that you read the post. But since you need a reminder:

-Rode the bench almost exclusively for the entirety of their rookie contract (4 years)

-Given the opportunity to start in year five after earning the starting job

-After earning the starting job, plays a significant number of games at "NFL starting QB" level

Almost everyone of those guys on your "list" got a significant number of snaps by year five. And very few of them even ever played at "starting QB level" for an extended period of time the way that Taylor did over the span of 29 games.

That was the criteria I originally set forth. And I set it forward because of your arbitrary "hasn't proven self as franchise QB by sixth year" rather than fifth, or fourth, etc. My point was simply to establish how unique Taylor's case is. That was the criteria you responded that there were at least 50 other guys in the NFL who met it.

So I ask again, name 10...

Just so you don't forget, since I know you're in a unique time zone, i'll do you a favor and bump this post so you are sure to see it.

Remember, you said 50, just give me 10 names that fit that criteria should be easy, right? :flirt:

Just so you don't forget, since I know you're in a unique time zone, i'll do you a favor and bump this post so you are sure to see it.

Remember, you said 50, just give me 10 names that fit that criteria should be easy, right? :flirt:

Did you just reply to your own post from today? (Insert gif of that weird guy blinking)

Jake Delhomme only played in 2 games his first 4 years.

Danny White didn't play QB in his first 4 seasons in Dallas.

Craig Morton played very little in his first 3 years in Dallas.

Aaron Rodgers only had 35 attempts in his first 3 years.

Warren Moon played 6 years in Canada before he got an NFL start.

Brett Favre didn't play in his rookie year.

You're right that most of the good ones do start right out of the chute. But still, there's a chance.

At this point , just end this drought. Winning a playoff game is just a bonus. that is the state of where this organization is.

You see this is the attitude that I worry the team is taking and would lead to them spending 2 1sts on non QBs if we get the same again from Taylor to try and get them "over the hump." That in my opinion would be a huge mistake unless the 2018 QB class sucks (and at the moment people think quite the opposite).

Jake Delhomme only played in 2 games his first 4 years.

Danny White didn't play QB in his first 4 seasons in Dallas.

Craig Morton played very little in his first 3 years in Dallas.

Aaron Rodgers only had 35 attempts in his first 3 years.

Warren Moon played 6 years in Canada before he got an NFL start.

Brett Favre didn't play in his rookie year.

You're right that most of the good ones do start right out of the chute. But still, there's a chance.

I think you've missed my point. :flirt:

You see this is the attitude that I worry the team is taking and would lead to them spending 2 1sts on non QBs if we get the same again from Taylor to try and get them "over the hump." That in my opinion would be a huge mistake unless the 2018 QB class sucks (and at the moment people think quite the opposite).

I'm 100% with you on this. I'm just of the belief that Tyrod has a chance to take a step forward. If he does I'm okay with it. If not, you have take advantage of that 2018 class. The goal isn't, and should never be, to get to the playoffs. That's not "over the hump." The Bills ultimate goal should be the same as the other 31 teams. Loading up to take a run at a moral victory is ridiculous.

At this point , just end this drought. Winning a playoff game is just a bonus. that is the state of where this organization is.

I don't think that's where the Pegulas, Beane and McD are, nor should it be. They seem much smarter to me than that.

We have been looking so long for the next face of the franchise we could be missing whats staring us in the face.

Let's see. This team has said during the Rex Ryan era that they wanted to be a bruising running football team. They were exactly that. Check. They haven't said that they want to run a K-gun since the 90's. 25+ years of more CHECK. To boot, they matter of factly ran the ball better than any team in the NFL. If you're going to assign some other idiotic nefarious reason for it, you could say that the North Koreans made them do it.

He also said they want to throw it and even said they want less ground and pound....specifically stated they want to be able to throw it over the middle better.

The best rushing O?

Or maybe we should waste the best RB in the league?

Do you think it's impossible to have both a good run and pass game at the same time?

Did the Falcons waste Devonta Freeman? Well I guess if you consider top 10 in rushing being wasted. I think we all know their passing offense was excellent.

The Chargers, Pats and Steelers also were top 15 in both.

Edited by Teeflebees

Having a great running game doesn't mean you should settle for the passing game being dog crap.

He also said they want to throw it and even said they want less ground and pound....specifically stated they want to be able to throw it over the middle better.

Do you think it's impossible to have both a good run and pass game at the same time?

Did the Falcons waste Devonta Freeman? Well I guess if you consider top 10 in rushing being wasted. I think we all know their passing offense was excellent.

Do you think its possible to give Taylor enough time in a more pass oriented system before passing judgement?

Do you think its possible to give Taylor enough time in a more pass oriented system before passing judgement?

There's no point in having this discussion anymore with you.

You think it's harder to pass the ball today than it was 30 years ago and you're not going to believe what our OC said last year about our problems in the passing game.

You want to believe Lynn and Roman purposely held pass attempts away from Taylor. Even though both Ryan and Lynn stated they wanted to pass the ball better but they're lying. They didn't want to pass the ball better, they just wanted to exclusively be one dimensional.

He has a big enough body of work that I can use to form an educated opinion. If his play changes then the opinion will change. Until that happens then he is what he is and the results speak for themselves. Its not what you want to hear so you're trying to dismiss it.