The Tyrod Taylor Question

There's no point in having this discussion anymore with you.

You think it's harder to pass the ball today than it was 30 years ago and you're not going to believe what our OC said last year about our problems in the passing game.

You want to believe Lynn and Roman purposely held pass attempts away from Taylor. Even though both Ryan and Lynn stated they wanted to pass the ball better but they're lying. They didn't want to pass the ball better, they just wanted to exclusively be one dimensional.

you keep trying to put words in my mouth,

Its not happening ...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills have all the right people to make sure Tyrod has the best opportunity to reach up and improve his passing skills. I think that is a sign the Staff has more faith than some fans.

But Staff also is wise to hedge the bet. and they have with setting up next years draft and a TT contract that surely is another "prove it " contract.

Right now i think Taylor will show improved, more effective passing under this Coaching Group.

Will it be enough to give him a long term deal? Not likely. But I am seriously hopeful he finds his groove this year.

and i would draft serious QB next year anyways. It's the smart thing to do

Bills have all the right people to make sure Tyrod has the best opportunity to reach up and improve his passing skills. I think that is a sign the Staff has more faith than some fans.

But Staff also is wise to hedge the bet. and they have with setting up next years draft and a TT contract that surely is another "prove it " contract.

Right now i think Taylor will show improved, more effective passing under this Coaching Group.

Will it be enough to give him a long term deal? Not likely. But I am seriously hopeful he finds his groove this year.

and i would draft serious QB next year anyways. It's the smart thing to do

...agree bud.....and give TT a clean slate with a Dennison designed offense.....probably his "make it or break it" year IMO.....Peterman (despite the early on yipsters about noodle arm) and two 1sts in 2018, QB spot is promising IMO.............

...agree bud.....and give TT a clean slate with a Dennison designed offense.....probably his "make it or break it" year IMO.....Peterman (despite the early on yipsters about noodle arm) and two 1sts in 2018, QB spot is promising IMO.............

Taylor doesn't need a clean slate my friend, his body of work so far for a 2 year starter in the NFL is fine.Tyrod Taylor detractors would like you to believe the G Roman O was scaled back because Taylor couldn't throw the football and its simply not true (IMO).

I think they should go back and watch film on other O's Roman managed.

McD/Dennison have every intention of carrying over the Bills run game and when you have Shady and T Mobile behind center it makes perfect sense.

Edited by Figster

A new offense reboots this topic in my view...

One could argue players are who they are, but if they ask different things of him in the new offense than the former, a period of observation in that setting is requisite to see how he does or doesn't execute.

very well put. a credible set of receivers with a healthy sammy and charles clay gives him a chance to shine.

Taylor doesn't need a clean slate my friend. Taylor detractors would like you to believe the O was scaled back because tyrod Taylor couldn't throw the football and its simply not true (IMO). McD/Dennison have every intention of carrying over the Bills run game and when you have Shady and T Mobile behind center it makes perfect sense.

...you're right, but his retention at a reduced rate with Dennison at the helm tells me he IS getting a clean slate despite all of the kicking and screaming detractors...and the design MUST be balanced whereby the passing game is a viable threat when called upon versus an after thought when trying to catch up, playing to play from behind.....Wrecks and his "run first" proclamation with ONE stallion in the stable was one of THE worst billboards I've seen in 55 years...then again, consider the source................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...you're right, but his retention at a reduced rate with Dennison at the helm tells me he IS getting a clean slate despite all of the kicking and screaming detractors...and the design MUST be balanced whereby the passing game is a viable threat when called upon versus an after thought when trying to catch up, playing to play from behind.....Wrecks and his "run first" proclamation with ONE stallion in the stable was one of THE worst billboards I've seen in 55 years...then again, consider the source................

Nobody wants a one dimensional O...

Give TT a clean slate?

Does that mean people can say he's unproven?

Good so we agree that we need a passing offense this season

I think balanced is the word Oldtimer used,

and it works for me...

I think balanced is the word Oldtimer used,

and it works for me...

...cannot be anything else bud......in the heat of the battle, the gate needs to be able to swing 60/40 or 40/60 as a quick, dependable dial-up. to counter what the defense is giving me....don't give a rat's azz about stats accumulated in garbage time to bolster one's argument.....we need to have an diverse arsenal at our immediate disposal...otherwise 7-9, 8-8, 7-9, YAWN..............

Really help to get Boldin or Barnidge in here. Scary if Watkins goes down.

No doubt,

The TE position is another worry If Clay goes down,

Zay may have something to Zay about it though...

...cannot be anything else bud......in the heat of the battle, the gate needs to be able to swing 60/40 or 40/60 as a quick, dependable dial-up. to counter what the defense is giving me....don't give a rat's azz about stats accumulated in garbage time to bolster one's argument.....we need to have an diverse arsenal at our immediate disposal...otherwise 7-9, 8-8, 7-9, YAWN..............

...You can't play catch up late in the game running the football...

No doubt,

The TE position is another worry If Clay goes down,

Zay may have something to Zay about it though...

...You can't play catch up late in the game running the football...

...Boldin and Barnidge will wait in the bushes until an injury, knowing checkbooks will open up a bit wider.....neither will get a long term deal so "pay me now" is their only option IMO...........

Just curious. What do you think he needs to do to "make it" or not do to "break it"?

That's pretty much what last year was and he did solid but not great. Pretty much right in the middle.

I think something in the middle gets us a 1st round QB next season,

and the bridge description of Taylor becomes a reality...

He has a big enough body of work that I can use to form an educated opinion. If his play changes then the opinion will change. Until that happens then he is what he is and the results speak for themselves. Its not what you want to hear so you're trying to dismiss it.

If his play changes in what way?

The bills were at the bottom of the NFL and "passing offense" essentially because they pass the ball less than anyone else. And I know above you guys were pointing to examples like the Falcons and chargers and Steelers having a "balanced" attack, but the bills were absolutely an incredibly dominant as a run offense in 2016. The head coach was a ground and pound head coach. The approach was clearly to stick to the ground.

There is only one football. The team was an incredibly effective running offense last year. That was a reflection of the offensive approach. The 2016 Falcons were a rarity and having an elite passing and rushing offense. I don't know where Teeflebees was getting his numbers above but the Chargers and Steelers certainly weren't really high in the ranks in terms of both passing and rushing offenses. The Chargers were at the bottom of the league is rushing, actually.

There is only one football. There are only so many snaps in a game. What you want is much more passing. Shady is one of the best backs in the NFL. It's kind a hard not to give him the ball, isn't it?

I think Taylor is going to get more passes this year and we are going to see what he does with 30 to 35 passing attempts per game. But it's really just in the offensive approach.