Watkins wants to get paid more

Watkins commenting on NBA salaries vs NFL (Curry got a $201m contract). #2018contract.

I am going to guess he's going to have a career year this year.

King MeVerified account @sammywatkins

Follow

More

We gotta get paid more I'm pretty sure 2014 class will change the market

LOOOOOOLLLLL, better step up crutch foot

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please! Comparing what NFL players make vs. NBA players has nothing to do with anyone else. Whine on!

Now I see the motivation. The clowns who were harassing him on Social Media were the targets of that.

Oh no remember athletes and celebrities altogether has to be held to a higher standard. They can be harassed, insulted, and even humiliated at times but they're not allowed to act human when enough is enough. Fans are allowed to do whatever and treat them any way they like. I thought you knew this by now.

Football has more players, plays less games, and has a higher risk of injury. Positions are significantly valued differently in the NFL. They pay only a slightly less % of revenue than the NBA. Watkins is not the brightest bulb in the bunch and is oceans away from being Curry type of valuable to a team. See, Brady.

Per game, a player making 11 mil a season makes 200k per game more than Steph curry so? You want to make more money, let's add in more games.

Steph doesnt deserve that money. Neither does Kyle Lowry but the fact of the matter. Per game NFL is beating NBA in salary. Factor in more time spent practicing traveling. This is what happens

Edited by Agent 91

Watkins commenting on NBA salaries vs NFL (Curry got a $201m contract). #2018contract.

I am going to guess he's going to have a career year this year.

45]

King MeVerified account @sammywatkins

Follow

More

We gotta get paid more I'm pretty sure 2014 class will change the market

If he wanted $$$ like NBA or MLB players then he should have been better at those sports. They only carry like 13 people on an active NBA roster which is why there is more $$$ to go around as well. He's starting to sound like another Gilmore. He's also not even close to Antonio Bryant so he shouldn't get that kind of $$$.

Imagine a 1000 yard receiver who drops 3 touch down passes in a conference final or a 4000 yard QB who throws bushels of INTs in the playoffs and never gets to Superbowl and gets paid $33m a year.

Now imagine this in NBA. It just happened. Kyle Lowry from my home town NBA team got paid $33.3m per year. NBA is ridiculous.

SamMe Watkins. I can't think of a more dissapointing Bill. Not because he sucks as much as a Maybin or the other pile of draft picks but because before the draft I was asked if you could have one player who would it be? Instantly, Sammy Watkins. He looked like a running back with the wheels of a WR. Surefire superstar right!?

Instead Watkins has shown to be a self absorbed diva with a tendacy to be on ice more than he is on the football field.

Meanwhile Mike Evans, Odell and company are poised to take over the league.

Sammy Watkins may very well be the Perry Tuttle of the 21st century.

Perry Tuttle was the highest drafted wide receiver BUST we have ever had, and now Sammy is on his way to not only being that but asking for MORE MONEY for himself and the rest of the NFL.

AND THEY WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL!

Unbelieveable!!!

Edited by BmoreBills

He's not a bust.

An immature kid? Yes, a bust? No way.

He has one year remaining coming off THREE surgeries and a foot injury (for a RECEIVER in the NFL!), and if he gets hurt again... he will be GONE and signed by another team for a few million, never to play for the Bills again.

We shall see...

This thread is same old Bills fans. Star player on the team? Better hate him and everything he does until we run him right out of town

Lot of hate for Sammy as usual. I'm not there at all, but he better have a big year.

Rob Johnson

J.P. Losman

Mike Williams

James Hardy

Trent Edwards

Paul Pozulsny

Aaron Maybin

E.J. Manuel

Those are just off the top of my head during this missing the playoff streak we have. There are a butt ton of reasons why Sammy is being doubted. Andre Reed, Eric Moulds and Lee Evans PLAYED CONSISTENTLY and at a HIGH LEVEL. This is the expectation Bills fans SHOULD have when it comes to their star players.

Sammy Watkins may very well be the Perry Tuttle of the 21st century.

Perry Tuttle was the highest drafted wide receiver BUST we have ever had, and now Sammy is on his way to not only being that but asking for MORE MONEY for himself and the rest of the NFL.

AND THEY WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL!

Unbelieveable!!!

Have you even looked at the production of Tuttle and Sammy before making that statement? Never mind, it's clear that you have not.

Yeah

Why are we trading him again? Because he said that he thought NFL players should be paid more?

He's been playing pickup basketball. It's obvious he is transitioning. He should be cut immediately. He is a malcontent and like anyone want's too get paid. We need more guys like Tyrod who take pay cuts too stay im Buffalo. Sammy will he gone. And the Bills will be the losers on that 24 year old kid.

I suppose you can paint this as NFL players not being bright, but, that's really not true. They are actually smart enough to realize that their careers are much shorter on average than baseball or basketball. The last time I looked the average career is about 3.3 years. NFL owners know this and they do not believe that an NFL player would be willing to lose 1/3 of their career earnings by striking for an entire season. Owners can simply wait them out. The next negotiation will be a doozy and the union and their head will give it a good run.

The average MLB career is a little over 5 yrs. all contracts are guaranteed. To eat sunflower seeds half the time. Half a billion dollar contract for a single player within the next few years.

The NFL players association better give it a good run.

It's true, but running him off the team accomplishes what besides making our football team worse?

At some point your highest paid players need to not only contribute but lead the less talented players. Is Watkins capable of that? I have my doubts.

At some point your highest paid players need to not only contribute but lead the less talented players. Is Watkins capable of that? I have my doubts.

Nonsense. OBJ looks like one helluva leader for the NYG, doesn't he. :rolleyes: Not every high level player has to have a role in leadership of a football team.

Nonsense. OBJ looks like one helluva leader for the NYG, doesn't he. :rolleyes: Not every high level player has to have a role in leadership of a football team.

Someone does and the Bills don't have it. 99 has proven to be a total (*^*&%^$^#even when Kyle tugging on his shoulder

Pads. Watkins needed a Boldin type of WR to learn from and that mistake is on OBD. He could be a piece on a winning team but I'd like to hear why anyone thinks he is going to turn things around in BLO.

OBJ and Watkins comparisons end at them both playing the WR position and being immature. OBJ is a dope but his compete level is what makes him a star.

Edited by Commonsense

Someone does and the Bills don't have it. 99 has proven to be a total (*^*&%^$^#even when Kyle tugging on his shoulder

Pads. Watkins needed a Boldin type of WR to learn from and that mistake is on OBD. He could be a piece on a winning team but I'd like to hear why anyone thinks he is going to turn things around in BLO.

He doesn't need to turn anything around in BUF. He just needs to stay healthy and he'll produce as he's already demonstrated.

He doesn't need to turn anything around in BUF. He just needs to stay healthy and he'll produce as he's already demonstrated.

Demonstrated in a 7 game span at the end of one season? How long as he been here? What has he accomplished by being a demonstrative jackass throwing his hands up at his QB and pouting to the media about targets all the while being on the bench due to injury. Find me a team that has won with the likes of a 14, and 99 being two of their highest paid players. This isn't the NBA, talent alone doesn't win rings.

Demonstrated in a 7 game span at the end of one season? How long as he been here? What has he accomplished by being a demonstrative jackass throwing his hands up at his QB and pouting to the media about targets all the while being on the bench due to injury. Find me a team that has won with the likes of a 14, and 99 being two of their highest paid players. This isn't the NBA, talent alone doesn't win rings.

This is not a true representation of the facts. His numbers in both of his 1st two seasons were just fine and he's not the 1st WR to ask for the football. Deion Sanders was a key talent for both the 49ers and Cowboys SB teams. You think anyone was looking to him for leadership on those teams? Nope. They just needed him to make great plays and he did just that. Leadership came from elsewhere. Try again.

If OBJ made the same comment, I wonder how many posters would be defending him :lol:

This is one of those contrived Bills' fan controversies that in the end doesn't mean jack ****. It's a total non-issue.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is not a true representation of the facts. His numbers in both of his 1st two seasons were just fine and he's not the 1st WR to ask for the football. Deion Sanders was a key talent for both the 49ers and Cowboys SB teams. You think anyone was looking to him for leadership on those teams? Nope. They just needed him to make great plays and he did just that. Leadership came from elsewhere. Try again.

First OBJ now Deion Sanders a hall of famer...are you being serious right now? Watkins is a nobody outside of a few Bills holding out hope that he puts it all together in a contract year.

"Mature beyond his years" that was a ludicrous statement,

Can we agree on his immaturity level?

"Number one play maker in the draft" I believed that long before it was said on draft night. Can we agree he is not the best player from that draft?

Watkins didn't even get offered his 5th year option and has been seen hooping while awaiting the teams clearance to practice fully. Can we agree Watkins has a lot of catching up to do?

When you watch the afore mentioned OBJ and Sanders do you not see something different than from when you watch Sammy? It's not even a conversation worth having at this point, if he goes bonkers in a contract year then it's worth revisiting.

If OBJ made the same comment, I wonder how many posters would be defending him :lol:

There are actually Giant fans on their forums who favor trading OBJ. They view him as a poor leader who doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a winner. I think some Bills fans feel similar about Sammy.

First OBJ now Deion Sanders a hall of famer...are you being serious right now? Watkins is a nobody outside of a few Bills holding out hope that he puts it all together in a contract year.

"Mature beyond his years" that was a ludicrous statement,

Can we agree on his immaturity level?

"Number one play maker in the draft" I believed that long before it was said on draft night. Can we agree he is not the best player from that draft?

Watkins didn't even get offered his 5th year option and has been seen hooping while awaiting the teams clearance to practice fully. Can we agree Watkins has a lot of catching up to do?

When you watch the afore mentioned OBJ and Sanders do you not see something different than from when you watch Sammy? It's not even a conversation worth having at this point, if he goes bonkers in a contract year then it's worth revisiting.

Just like Gilmore was until Belichick and the Patriots paid him in a mega UFA deal. Let Watkins get to UFA and we'll see if the league doesn't know who he is. Commonsense? Sure.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz