Watkins wants to get paid more

Opening day NBA roster: 449

Opening day Nfl: 1696

Nearly 4 times the players

NBA revenue 6b

Nfl 14b

Splitting just over double the revenue

Sure we can talk about swaying it a few percentage points but generally speaking there's a fundamental structural difference in the league that makes it unlikely to see things ever get close to even for players

Sure. We're primarily talking about the upper echelon players making more $. The fringe guys are lucky to be in the league for a couple of seasons.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry 26CopyPaste, but you lack logic again in your argument.

We already know of Sammy's view of us. We are little piece, in little jobs.

CSWWX7tUwAA4E7Z.jpg-large.jpg

His lack of education shows to be half as much as his understanding of what a pretentious asshat he is and it's disgusting. This kid makes more than most of us will earn in our lifetime. He tells us to go play football, to go live our little lives... we will, and it'll be not giving two ***** about this imbecile soon enough.

Let him play football, but shove it down his throat if he says another god damn thing. He is an embarrassment to this team, the educational system of clemson and to humanity in general with such a pompous attitude.

220px-Paladino_Gubernatorial_2010.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

I'm shocked the NFLPA hasn't pushed harder for guaranteed contracts like the other 3 sports have...kind of crazy the only guarenteed contracts go to coaches and GMs

the nflpa and unions are weak in our current country because of the opportunities to hire so many folks who are qualified to perform a job as much as the other. think of it this way. 32 starting qbs in the league. 8-10 of them actually starting calibre. 2-3 might be close. the other, the majority, are not much different in quality than your average top ncaa qb which there are enough of to get a team by. every position is like that and the quality of the nfl has been watered down enough to make it so.

if the nflpa would have forced the nfl (it would not have been able to) to keep the league at 20something teams it'd have helped quality and had less players, less players makes the upper threshold of quality higher and the quality of the product much better. but, the nfl is doing just fine with a sub-par product that draws a ton of money and is the number one sport in the country and iwll be so for a long time.

220px-Paladino_Gubernatorial_2010.jpg

too late now, i already quoted your post.

but what does ralph nader have to do with anything?

your lack of actually saying anything is particularly concerning, especially when i have no idea who you are or care. so i am just curious to what your'e trying to say as if we are going to have a picture off i need to be prepared. my 4chan folder is stocked for this

Edited by Boyst62

Where did he say he wanted a new team or bigger market? I didn't read any of that. I just saw him ask for more money.

Part of it is buffalo insecurity, part of it probably fair too.... if you see a young guy from Florida that seems to want to be a star, no one pictures buffalo.

And we likely both agree he follows the money.... I'm not sure if we both agree with me saying it would be a surprise to see this regime be his highest bidder

There's some degree of connecting the dots for him in that, so I can't say it's what he said but it's getting harder to tell fans that they should picture him here long term.

Edited by NoSaint

Part of it is buffalo insecurity, part of it probably fair too.... if you see a young guy from Florida that seems to want to be a star, no one pictures buffalo.

And we likely both agree he follows the money.... I'm not sure if we both agree with me saying it would be a surprise to see this regime be his highest bidder

have we had any stars on this team from major cities? i'm thinking of the 90's bills. kelly went to univ miami but was a pittsburhg kid. bruce from vab and vt. reed kutztown!?

i can't think of many big city players being a major part of buffalo success

There's some degree of connecting the dots for him in that, so I can't say it's what he said but it's getting harder to tell fans that they should picture him here long term.

If he has a healthy and productive 2017, he'll likely get the Franchise Tag if he and the Bills can't agree on an extension.

Sammy will certainly be a money guy. I'm guessing that he gets tagged and isn't too happy. The long-term negotiations will be pretty contentious.

Who? In all seriousness, why can't a guy make that kind of commentary w/o it having an impact on his preparation for the season? One has no bearing upon the other.

I'm not saying it will have an impact on his preparation--- just that getting on the field and staying there should be foremost in his thoughts.

I saw this tweet, and instantly knew people would be whining, thinking he is complaining about money or his current contract and not looking at context.

So yes, because people can't interpret things correctly and jump to conclusions, he shouldn't have said anything.

Edited by What a Tuel

Sammy will certainly be a money guy. I'm guessing that he gets tagged and isn't too happy. The long-term negotiations will be pretty contentious.

I can't tell who's posting what,

and whats with the fake Sammy tweet?

have we had any stars on this team from major cities? i'm thinking of the 90's bills. kelly went to univ miami but was a pittsburhg kid. bruce from vab and vt. reed kutztown!?

i can't think of many big city players being a major part of buffalo success

There aren't really city kids playing football. It's played throughout the south, Pennsylvania, Ohio and California. I would bet, without looking, that 75% of the players in the NFL come from Ohio, Pennsylvania, California and the SEC states.

I wasn't missing that. Regardless of whether or not people want to hear it, his point remains. I think it's valid. They receive a smaller percentage than their NBA brethren (without getting into the guarantees). So he might be a little tone deaf in bringing it up but that doesn't make the point wrong.

I'm not arguing his point. I'm saying it's rude to argue in front of my customers with my employer on how much money I make. Especially when it's more than my customers make. It makes them uncomfortable and changes how they feel about buying from me.

I'm not arguing his point. I'm saying it's rude to argue in front of my customers with my employer on how much money I make. Especially when it's more than my customers make. It makes them uncomfortable and changes how they feel about buying from me.

I think we all agree there's no upside to this tweet, while still a mixed bag on the merit of the argument