Watkins wants to get paid more

He's not even close to the top 1%

I think about 30 nfl players echoed the same feelings. Take a chill pill.

Hell even LBJ said they deserve more.

why?

sammy watkins makes more than any of us will, save for two of the folks here whom i know make a **** ton more than sammy but they're actually smart and talented.

and nfl players are idiots. who cares what they think? shut up and play. dumbies.

and lbj, can't even swim! idiot!

plato? aristotle? socrates? morons!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone start a GO FUND ME account for Sammy, just put a stipulation on it that he only receives the money if he plays all 16 games. If he misses a game the money gets donated on behalf of the NBA to a charity of their choice.

Hey Sammy Kelly Olynyk is making 12 million per.

why?

sammy watkins makes more than any of us will, save for two of the folks here whom i know make a **** ton more than sammy but they're actually smart and talented.

and nfl players are idiots. who cares what they think? shut up and play. dumbies.

and lbj, can't even swim! idiot!

plato? aristotle? socrates? morons!

I mean our president is one of the dumbest human being around!!! And he tweets insanely stupid stuff.

Sammy for President!!!

I mean our president is one of the dumbest human being around!!! And he tweets insanely stupid stuff.

Sammy for President!!!

cmon man.

do we really need this? whatever he is, he clearly beat someone much, much worse and vile. so there's that.

Edited by Boyst62

cmon man.

do we really need this? whatever he is, he clearly beat someone much, much worse and vile. so there's that.

It's about perspective. Some people are holding a 24 year old football player, who didn't really say anything that controversial, to a higher standard than people in much more important jobs. It's kinda crazy.

It's about perspective. Some people are holding a 24 year old football player, who didn't really say anything that controversial, to a higher standard than people in much more important jobs. It's kinda crazy.

i think those who have held him contempt for him have done so with the great eye on him

the little jobs

sammy-watkins-celebrates-td-too-early-ge

This may be the topic that I feel strongest about that we discuss and for the life of me can't understand the other side. The people generating the revue in every company are the highest paid. It is no different here it's just the numbers are so large we can't wrap our heads around them. Honest question though, do people really believe that the players should be paid less than 48.5% of the money that the NFL makes?!? If you removed all of the players how much money would the league make?

Now we can all squabble about which players deserve which percentage but the argument that players make too much money is beyond asinine. It's totally uninformed. The league wouldn't make $12.5B (or whatever it is) a year without players!!

NBA players are getting 51% of the league revenues while I think football is 48.5% if I remember correctly so there's some room there. If football players got another 2.5% it's about $10M per team, per year.

yep, NBA rosters are smaller, so each player gets more individually. pretty simple concept guys. NBA has done a good job of building interest in the league and therefore revenue over the past 20 years. a superstar in NBA or MLB will naturally make huge comp. relative to NFL. NBA revs are less than NFL, but the rosters and organization sizes are a quarter or less of that of an NFL roster.

Edited by jmcraig44