Buffalo Bills Myths

I wasnt sure if you are only talking about the current roster but my favorite myth of the last 20 years is 'CJ Spiller would excel if the coaches can get him in space'

Im not afraid to own up to the fact that Spiller fooled me. He put up a big season and seemed poised to really break out the next year, but he fizzled the rest of his career

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not afraid to own up to the fact that Spiller fooled me. He put up a big season and seemed poised to really break out the next year, but he fizzled the rest of his career

Spiller had a knack for finding the space between the ass cheeks of the center and right guard.

Myth: firing Rex will bring back the excellent 2014 defense he ruined.

Reality: there are 4 players left from that 2014 defense. A broken down warrior (Kyle), a fat pot head (Marcel), a slow linebacker (Brown), and good but not great pass rusher (Hughes).

This reminds me of my favorite myth. The myth of the 'defensive genius'

Nope truth= disorganized, lazy, undisciplined slob who rode nepotism and Marvin Lewis's coat tails to notoriety and HC only to get fired twice for the same reasons.

Baltimore knew exactly what they were doing when they said, 'no thanks'

I embellished his size by three inches...everyone does it.

Doesn't the fact that you have to embellish facts to support your position make you wonder about the veracity of said position?

BTW, I wouldn't advise using that that particular embellishment with the ladies. It can only end in disappointment.

Doesn't the fact that you have to embellish facts to support your position make you wonder about the veracity of said position?

BTW, I wouldn't advise using that that particular embellishment with the ladies. It can only end in disappointment.

I have no idea what you're referring to.

Myth: firing Rex will bring back the excellent 2014 defense he ruined.

Reality: there are 4 players left from that 2014 defense. A broken down warrior (Kyle), a fat pot head (Marcel), a slow linebacker (Brown), and good but not great pass rusher (Hughes).

Yeah.....but those were key guys....:)

Kyle was still very productive last year

Marcel is the key to the whole thing

Brown might not even start with the LB that are now on the team

I think Hughes is really underated.........he is a VERY good pass rusher. He just needs help.

And imo just because certain guys were not on the team doesnt mean they wont excel in this defense guys like Michah Hyde

Unfortunately, that the Bills have a huge home field advantage.

They don't, at least recently.

Nor is it accurate to look at the weather in Orchard Park and claim that it is remarkably different than other places the Bills play in Nov/Dec other than Miami.

Edited by sherpa

I believe it's a myth that people go to Georgia Tech to become podiatrists.

I believe it's a myth that people go to Georgia Tech......to see basketball games. No, that's not a myth, no one has ever thought or said (or done) that.

My point exactly,

Yes...screens in college work amazing because you have 6'4" Sammy against a 6' kid from Georgia Tech who is studying to be a podiatrist.

One huge reason bubble screens work so much better in college than in the NFL is that he NCAA allows blocking downfield prior to the pass if the ball is caught behind the LOS. The NFL obviously doesn't allow that as it'd be a pick.

One huge reason bubble screens work so much better in college than in the NFL is that he NCAA allows blocking downfield prior to the pass if the ball is caught behind the LOS. The NFL obviously doesn't allow that as it'd be a pick.

Someone should tell the Patriots about these details.

Great point...plus...podiatrists.

They are, of course, exempt.

Yeah, I was kidding.

How about: Ralph is cheap? The guy who gave away about a BILLION dollars after his death and the sale of the team. Maybe: Ralph is frugal - except when he's not?

sammy ran one last year, he tried has hard has he could to fall down when someone got near him but everyone kept getting blocked, he ended up running 20 yards sideways and 4 yards forward when he could have manned up and taken it to the house. He is just too scared to get hurt and wants to go down tim brown style.

When will you all here get a clue of how afraid he is to take any contact??? its why hes ran 1 screen in 3 years, coaches saw it, when will you?

sammy ran one last year, he tried has hard has he could to fall down when someone got near him but everyone kept getting blocked, he ended up running 20 yards sideways and 4 yards forward when he could have manned up and taken it to the house. He is just too scared to get hurt and wants to go down tim brown style.

When will you all here get a clue of how afraid he is to take any contact??? its why hes ran 1 screen in 3 years, coaches saw it, when will you?

So you're saying we don't run WR screens because Sammy says so? I find that hard to believe. I'm pretty sure we don't run screens to Sammy because they aren't effective (unlike his college days where he was defended by future podiatrists and Hyundai finance managers) *embellishment*

Something this HHHuuuuugge ahould have a video link. Why not post it up.

This is one of my favorite drunk posts.

Yeah, I was kidding.

How about: Ralph is cheap? The guy who gave away about a BILLION dollars after his death and the sale of the team. Maybe: Ralph is frugal - except when he's not?

..in all honesty Augie, I think you have to break it down into "eras of Ralph"...a huge gamble in 1960 to put up 25 grand for a fledgling AFL League.....rewards were championships in 1964 and 1965....70's and 80's were lean times where he sat back and watched his investment grow (maybe like many of us with stocks, 401K, etc) and NO re-investment....hence the "cheapskate absentee Detroit owner" moniker was born....moving into the 90's he had matured and actually enjoyed the aura of an NFL football club owner......4 consecutive SB's are a pretty good indicator.....Polian firing at the hands of Littmann started the downward spiral.....at the same time, RW never warmed up to paying top notch coaches their market value....a/k/a Kmart "blue light specials".....BUT.. the man's legacy is forever etched.....#1: crafted a plan to lock in the Bills to 2020 for staying in Buffalo...#2 his will says the entire $1.4 BILLION estate must be paid out within 20 years to CHARITIES.....thus, despite all of the ebbs and flows, the man is a true legacy in his own right and deservedly so IMO.........

Incorrect!

My theory is sound...if you can show me how well Sammy has run a "bubble screen" in the NFL, I will re-evaluate.

And?

I remember a game where The Bills simply torched Miami all game long with about 16 screen plays - most to Thurman and Andre.

Marv was laughing about it after the game.

Good times.

..in all honesty Augie, I think you have to break it down into "eras of Ralph"...a huge gamble in 1960 to put up 25 grand for a fledgling AFL League.....rewards were championships in 1964 and 1965....70's and 80's were lean times where he sat back and watched his investment grow (maybe like many of us with stocks, 401K, etc) and NO re-investment....hence the "cheapskate absentee Detroit owner" moniker was born....moving into the 90's he had matured and actually enjoyed the aura of an NFL football club owner......4 consecutive SB's are a pretty good indicator.....Polian firing at the hands of Littmann started the downward spiral.....at the same time, RW never warmed up to paying top notch coaches their market value....a/k/a Kmart "blue light specials".....BUT.. the man's legacy is forever etched.....#1: crafted a plan to lock in the Bills to 2020 for staying in Buffalo...#2 his will says the entire $1.4 BILLION estate must be paid out within 20 years to CHARITIES.....thus, despite all of the ebbs and flows, the man is a true legacy in his own right and deservedly so IMO.........

Yeah, I was going for the Cliff Notes version. :)

(Actually, I thought the family kept a few hundred million to get by on, but I'm not certain about the numbers.)

I remember a game where The Bills simply torched Miami all game long with about 16 screen plays - most to Thurman and Andre.

Marv was laughing about it after the game.

Good times.

....so why not recently or yet tomorrow?.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Yeah, I was kidding.

Yeah, I was playing along. Goodell was more than happy to protect the shield and largely spare NE when it saved face for the league. Destroyed tapes anyone? The forfeiture of one late first round draft pick for multiple SB wins was a joke. He has looked the other way a lot when it has come to PEDs and cheating. He doesn't like pushback or defiance though. That'd be evident with Deflategate and Bountygate. He quietly told the Saints to shut down their bounties when they first came to light and only nailed them after they defied him. He cut Josh Gordon some slack until he lied to him, then it was over. No more mercy.

He didn't just gamble on his own team, he gambled on the Raiders and Patriots, too.