Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

What I got is Westeros is the size of Vermont and Gendry can pretty much outrun a horse.

Gendry ran to the Wall, they sent a raven, and Dani flew up with three dragons...in the time it takes water to freeze solid enough to walk on.

Gendry is fast.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the sisters may be plotting together against LF by pretending to hate each other. Still no reason at all for such a reckless attempt to catch a walker, so that Cersei might be impressed???

Out of all the chaos in the episode the one point that was interesting to me is that Littlefinger suggested Brienne be used as a buffer between the two sisters and then Sansa sends Brienne away immediately. I took that to mean that Sansa doesn't trust Littlefinger and this is all a big trap the two girls are playing on him.

Yes, it was a reckless and stupid plan as Tormund noted early in the episode. Also, it was Tyrion's idea for him to get a wight leading to his long list of terrible ideas this year that is completely against his character. People complaining about how fast the Raven was are right, but keep in mind that Jon and his posse stood on that ice overnight (it takes a while for broken ice to refreeze) and the show did a bad job of making that clear. Still a fast Raven though.

At least now Dany knows where the true danger lies and they have a wight, but I was disappointed with last nights episode besides the Arya and Sansa story line.

I feel like they knew they (show writers) wanted the Night King to kill/raise a dragon and then had to work towards that outcome. The mission felt a little contrived and ridiculous.

This seems to finally kill the Tyrion is a Targ theory. They no longer need a third dragon rider.

Yeah. It's sad to say because that theory had a lot going for it.

Gendry ran to the Wall, they sent a raven, and Dani flew up with three dragons...in the time it takes water to freeze solid enough to walk on.

Gendry is fast.

We have no idea how close they were to the wall and again they were at least on that ice for 12 hours or so as they just stood there overnight at least into the next morning. The show did a horrible job at showing that.

I feel like they knew they (show writers) wanted the Night King to kill/raise a dragon and then had to work towards that outcome. The mission felt a little contrived and ridiculous.

This seems to finally kill the Tyrion is a Targ theory. They no longer need a third dragon rider.

Not necessarily. Tyrion doesn't need to ride a dragon, and probably, if given the choice, wouldn't want to ride one.

Anybody else crying when the thing happened with Dany's dragon......

I was flat out balling

Not really. I was more upset about Wilson floating away in Cast Away. Probably because she still has two dragons left and that particular dragon was named after her moronic brother who Khal Drogo killed in season 1.

Anybody else crying when the thing happened with Dany's dragon......

I was flat out balling

wussy.

My co worker might have been so you probably are not alone.

Bran can warg into the ice dragon ... He was promised he would fly one day.

But I think Tyrion is still half targarian.

interesting notions, but ..... I don't buy either (anymore)

why did Arya give the knife to Sansa after she scared her shitless?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

A couple of things...

Why was it that only a single wight survived? Will this be another part of the trap that the Night King set?

With everything that transpired in last night's episode... is it still really that important to convince Cersei that the White Walkers exist? What can she bring to the table to help? Most of her army is ash.

While loading up the guys, all the dragon had to do was turn it's head and cook those creeps. It was frustrating to watch.

The misuse of the dragons has been the single most infuriating part of the show for me. Imagine a war in which you had the only aircraft in the skies, the enemy is almost always out in the open field in large groups, and their antiaircraft system was usually just one guy chucking spears.

The misuse of the dragons has been the single most infuriating part of the show for me. Imagine a war in which you had the only aircraft in the skies, the enemy is almost always out in the open field in large groups, and their antiaircraft system was usually just one guy chucking spears.

My thoughts exactly. I wanted her to BBQ all of the undead army before even landing to rescue the guys.

Can he warg into the Night King and kill him(self)?

As Shady noted, the Night King has been able to shake Bran out of the Ravens when he was tracking them, I'm pretty sure it'll take Bran learning how to better control his gifts before he can warg into the Ice Dragon (if he even does - I'm just spitballing). But that would be an efficient way to get rid of the Night King!

Also, WTF didn't they take a clue from the Hound and keep smashing all the ice around their little island? Would have given them enough time to make the whole lightspeed raven scenario at least plausible.

That was my thought as well. Just keep smashing/melting the ice around the island.

Also, the allusion to the Fist of the First Men was obvious, right? Does this mean that history is merely repeating itself and that the stories Nan told Bran and Jon were really about them? (that's my WAY out there speculation for the day)

You know who else misused air power?

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-2004-1202-504%2C_B

Yeah I know, I just Godwin'd our GoT thread :lol:

Pretty good spear chuckers considering they've hit once in bot of the last two battles killing one. There was a lot wrong with last nights episode and whoever directed that shouldn't be allowed to direct another episode. Particularly one that involves a large scale battle.

Let me put this question out there on the grounds you acknowledge the stupidity of the magnificent seven going beyond the wall to capture a wight. Who was right yesterday on whether Dany should ride her dragons to save them? Tyrion or Dany? You saved six people of different levels of importance and gained a wight. However, you lost a dragon who will now be used against you?

As Shady noted, the Night King has been able to shake Bran out of the Ravens when he was tracking them, I'm pretty sure it'll take Bran learning how to better control his gifts before he can warg into the Ice Dragon (if he even does - I'm just spitballing). But that would be an efficient way to get rid of the Night King!

That was my thought as well. Just keep smashing/melting the ice around the island.

Also, the allusion to the Fist of the First Men was obvious, right? Does this mean that history is merely repeating itself and that the stories Nan told Bran and Jon were really about them? (that's my WAY out there speculation for the day)

Jon can warg, too. Though I don't see either of them doing this.

I think the Night King uses the dragon to get past the Wall and then somehow they'll find a way to re-kill it. Probably going to have to use fire to do it.

I think the Night King uses the dragon to get past the Wall and then somehow they'll find a way to re-kill it. Probably going to have to use fire to do it.

Probably so on the warging, it's a long shot at best.

I think the Night King is going to use the dragon to take down the wall (in the books it will be the horn - I think).

I choose to believe that they were on that ice lake for weeks.

...and that the night king intentionally set a trap to get himself a dragon.

while I'm not sure the night king set a trap to get a dragon. I do believe they were on that ice for more than you are to believe. Maybe not weeks. Maybe a day to a few days. The show is trying to wrap things up so fast they are losing the aspect of time. Like how the ships were so fast, ravens are so fast, etc. they tried to show imo how they were out there longer by showing how the one guy died and by showing the hounds boredom and desire to throw rocks. Just my opinion, but I just think they are trying to cram so much in to finish they are leaving out small details like that. Details that earlier in the series would have kept me hooked. Now there's a battle scene almost every week. No more time for small talk. Edited by mrags

while I'm not sure the night king set a trap to get a dragon. I do believe they were on that ice for more than you are to believe. Maybe not weeks. Maybe a day to a few days. The show is trying to wrap things up so fast they are losing the aspect of time. Like how the ships were so fast, ravens are so fast, etc. they tried to show imo how they were out there longer by showing how the one guy died and by showing the hounds boredom and desire to throw rocks. Just my opinion, but I just think they are trying to cram so much in to finish they are leaving out small details like that. Details that earlier in the series would have kept me hooked. Now there's a battle scene almost every week. No more time for small talk.

All the Hound had to say was "we've been here two days and I want some bloody chicken" after Gendry made it to the wall and most of my criticism would've been forgiven. The reason the timeline matters to me is they were very good with it over the first five or so seasons and I like consistency in a show. Some of the best relationships and character development happened over the first 4 or so seasons (Jaime-Brienne, Arya-The Hound, Dany-Jorah, Arya-Gendry-Hot Pie, Brienne-Pod, Jon-Ygritte, Sansa-Littlefinger, Varys-Tyrion) while they were traveling from one place to the other.

I think one of the problems is the show producers have is they don't have as many story lines to work with so they feel they have to take liberties with the speed of travel and assumed we wouldn't care unless they delivered the goods. I agree in that they're rushing it. They could have easily made ten episodes this year. More dialogue between the action would be fine with me as I often find the dialogue more compelling. My favorite scenes in the series were scenes like Oberyn talking to Tyrion in the black cells when he agreed to fight the Mountain, Arya and Tywin conversations at Harrenhal, and Jaime talking to Brienne in the bath about how he became the Kingslayer. The writing and acting sparkled in scenes like this.

I want more of that.

All the Hound had to say was "we've been here two days and I want some bloody chicken" after Gendry made it to the wall and most of my criticism would've been forgiven. The reason the timeline matters to me is they were very good with it over the first five or so seasons and I like consistency in a show. Some of the best relationships and character development happened over the first 4 or so seasons (Jaime-Brienne, Arya-The Hound, Dany-Jorah, Arya-Gendry-Hot Pie, Brienne-Pod, Jon-Ygritte, Sansa-Littlefinger, Varys-Tyrion) while they were traveling from one place to the other.

I think one of the problems is the show producers have is they don't have as many story lines to work with so they feel they have to take liberties with the speed of travel and assumed we wouldn't care unless they delivered the goods. I agree in that they're rushing it. They could have easily made ten episodes this year. More dialogue between the action would be fine with me as I often find the dialogue more compelling. My favorite scenes in the series were scenes like Oberyn talking to Tyrion in the black cells when he agreed to fight the Mountain, Arya and Tywin conversations at Harrenhal, and Jaime talking to Brienne in the bath about how he became the Kingslayer. The writing and acting sparkled in scenes like this.

I want more of that.

:thumbsup:

Great point.

Jon Snow was introduced to Gendry at the end of episode 5 and was ready to trust him North of the Wall.

In episode 6 we learn that Gendry is the fastest runner of the expedition. And we know this how?

Ceirce's ballista with a dragon glass tip.

Probably so on the warging, it's a long shot at best.

I think the Night King is going to use the dragon to take down the wall (in the books it will be the horn - I think).

they had HUGE chains why not a stinking horn?

:death:

Great point.

Jon Snow was introduced to Gendry at the end of episode 5 and was ready to trust him North of the Wall.

In episode 6 we learn that Gendry is the fastest runner of the expedition. And we know this how?

The Onion Knig it trusted him so Jon did.

He was the youngest besides Jon ergo maybe the fastest and the least experienced in battle.

They were there at least 1 day.

Yes, it has been rushed. Haste makes waste...

Finally - No books to rely on

Question: does an undead dragon still breathe fire? Seems a bit counterintuitive.

Probably frigid air.

And it would have made more sense if they had a fire on that island to keep them warm for a few days. But it seems like they wanted to kill off Thoros so he couldn't bring Dondarrion back again.

On the Band of Brothers mission north of the wall. Why didn't they just go north of the wall and kill some random guy and let him rise up as a white walker? The kidnapping was unnecessary. I thought for sure one of their party was going to die (Jorah was my guess) and be the walker they brought back to Cersei. Part of me hoped it would be the Hound and then the Hound and Mountain could have an epic battle of zombie brothers.

I hope the suggestion of Arya-Sansa setting up Littlefinger is correct. It's the only way it makes sense. I doubt Arya went through her story only to find out she's truly a Stark, to return and take up pre-teen grudges. And I can't see that Sansa went through years of torture with Joffrey and Ramses to now want to be queen of Winterfell even at the expense of her family. Also, where is Brann? Can't he just do his know-it-all thing and explain to them all the Littlefinger is manipulating everyone? This plotline is nails on a chalkboard. The only way it aligns is if they are setting up Littlefinger.

I don't see anyone warg-ing into the ice dragon, which I assume will spit liquid nitrogen.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Does Gendry go to Winterfel, stay at Eastwatch or go with Dondarian?

I didn't see him in the previews at "the meet", next to Davos.

I saw obviously Danny, Brienne, Pod, Jon, Davos, The Hound, Theon, Dothraki, no Gendry

Gedry will go where Davis goes.

David will go wherever Jon Snow goes

Jon Snow is going to the pow-wow

I hope Gendrys path at some point will cross with Cersei

Question: does an undead dragon still breathe fire? Seems a bit counterintuitive.

Freezer burn

On the Band of Brothers mission north of the wall. Why didn't they just go north of the wall and kill some random guy and let him rise up as a white walker? The kidnapping was unnecessary.

only the Night king can raise a person.

Also, The Night King can read/knows what BRAN is thinking, kinda like Harry and Voldemort.....they are connected........for I won't spoil that for anyone.

The night king knew the dragons were coming that is why they were chains there to drag it out........think about it.....

the way people travel 1000s of miles in 5 minutes would make delivering the chains in 2 minutes a snap.

Traveling 1000s of miles in real time probably wouldn't make for really good TV, episode run times would be like 60 hours or so.

only the Night king can raise a person.

Also, The Night King can read/knows what BRAN is thinking, kinda like Harry and Voldemort.....they are connected........for I won't spoil that for anyone.

The night king knew the dragons were coming that is why they were chains there to drag it out........think about it.....

Him knowing the dragons are coming isn't enough. He needed to know the dragon would fall below the ice. OK, Greenseer's ability, maybe he saw it. But the chains had to exist in the first place. These dead guys aren't forging any metal, and the Wildlings made it clear in earlier seasons that castle forged steel is rare beyond the wall. The only place they might have gotten the chains would be Hardhome, which is just a small fishing village, not a major seaport. There must be a Bob's Bigass Chains Outlet store up there somewhere.

As for Gendry being the fastest, it's process of elimination. Thoros was mauled by the bear, Dondarrion and John have both literally been dead, The Hound was nearly killed by Brienne, Jorah has still got problem skin in his t-zone leaving Gendry or Tormund to go. So why not Gendry?

I'm not trying to tear the show apart. It's a top 3 series IMHO, and I realize this season, they've delivered a couple of sixty minute Jurassic Park or LotR level special effects movies. That's why there's fewer episodes. The ones we're seeing are insanely expensive for a television show and are pushing their way into movie budget territory. But this season is a bit rushed, and the attention to detail is slipping.

Traveling 1000s of miles in real time probably wouldn't make for really good TV, episode run times would be like 60 hours or so.

They should tell us the imp's magic powers to be standing on a beach one minute, then in a castle elsewhere the next and then standing there watching the dragons attack in a third location in 10 minutes.