Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

I'd love that too, but I see Littlefinger making it to the end of the series. Only the good die young on GOT.

Your logic is sound and Littlefinger is one of the ultimate survivors of Westeros... but I still don't think he makes it to season 8 personally.

He's one of my favorites too, so I kind of hope I'm wrong there.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your logic is sound and Littlefinger is one of the ultimate survivors of Westeros... but I still don't think he makes it to season 8 personally.

He's one of my favorites too, so I kind of hope I'm wrong there.

One of my favorites from the books, yes. In the show he's my least favorite by far, from an acting standpoint.

I was thinking Ellaria Sand but you may be right. She's no longer needed for the story. Although I don't see Cersei just abandoning her brother/lover completely. He's also key to leading her army.

Actually, I'm thinking that Jamie is taken captive and while with Tyrion and Dany, finally realizes how truly evil (and insane) his sister really is and more or less, changes sides.

I agree with Tony here. I think Cersei won't trade for him or value him as much as he thinks she should. I know it's a kids movie but sort of what happened in the incredibles. With Jamie fulfilling the prophecy for Cersei. It will either be that or the same scenario as when he struck down the mad king imo. Cersei's burn them all moment (although it could be argued the sept was that).

This was my favorite episode. I binged all of the seasons starting in May and this one took the cake for me. I can't wait to rewatch it. The battle at the end of the episode was stunning. Everything about this episode was fantastic.

She has armor. A !@#$ing dragon.

My favorite fan theory of the day: Arya kills Littlefinger while cosplaying Catelyn.

Don't know where she'd get Catelyn's face, either...but damn if that wouldn't be a great end for Baelish.

She was at the Twins. Who knows what she might have found there? There is no Lady Stone Heart in the show.

Even crazier - Might be she passed by the Eyrie and scraped her crazy Aunt Lyssa's face off of the rocks.

Loved the Sansa/Arya interplay...Sansa is relieved to have Arya home, but also obviously shaken (stunned) by what she has become.

I do think Arya ultimately is the end of Littlefinger -- perhaps impersonating Sansa and leading him on? That would be awesome.

Definitely going to re-watch this one a couple of times this week.

And WHY does Dany fly the damn dragon right in the path of the huge crossbow? That sort of idiocy irks me.

From what I can tell the huge cross bow thingy pivots rather easily....however it would seem to me that the further away the dragon is the less accurate the shot

I think the best strategy is to get all 3 dragons working together and coming from different angles......and not getting too close and using fire

Loved the Sansa/Arya interplay...Sansa is relieved to have Arya home, but also obviously shaken (stunned) by what she has become.

I do think Arya ultimately is the end of Littlefinger -- perhaps impersonating Sansa and leading him on? That would be awesome.

Definitely going to re-watch this one a couple of times this week.

And WHY does Dany fly the damn dragon right in the path of the huge crossbow? That sort of idiocy irks me.

I think the best strategy is to get all 3 dragons working together and coming from different angles......and not getting too close and using fire

Dany's learning aerial combat maneuvers on the fly. After the dragons last went extinct the Targarians shut down the Dragon Top Gun program

Dany: Red Keep, this is Dragon Rider requesting a flyby

Red Keep: Negative Dragon Rider, the pattern is full

Dany's learning aerial combat maneuvers on the fly. After the dragons last went extinct the Targarians shut down the Dragon Top Gun program

Dany: Red Keep, this is Dragon Rider requesting a flyby

Red Keep: Negative Dragon Rider, the pattern is full

When do she and Missandei get all oiled up and play topless beach volleyball?

I'm pretty sure the person has to be dead to use their face, but it would be awesome.

Actually, I'm thinking that Jamie is taken captive and while with Tyrion and Dany, finally realizes how truly evil (and insane) his sister really is and more or less, changes sides.

Wouldn't the perfect plan to kill Jaime and have Arya walk into King's Landing disguised as Jaime to kill Cersei? Come on Tyrion, get creative. That pry won't happen, but I doubt you're going to get Jaime to agree to fight for Dany. Cersei is so important to him he pushed a kid out of a tree fort window for her and stood by her side despite her wildfire trick.

When do she and Missandei get all oiled up and play topless beach volleyball?

Rule #34

Wouldn't the perfect plan to kill Jaime and have Arya walk into King's Landing disguised as Jaime to kill Cersei? Come on Tyrion, get creative. That pry won't happen, but I doubt you're going to get Jaime to agree to fight for Dany. Cersei is so important to him he pushed a kid out of a tree fort window for her and stood by her side despite her wildfire trick.

Jaimie pushed a kid out of a window for Cersei and for himself. I'm pretty sure banging the King's wife is a capitol offense in Westeros

Meera Reed returning to her family tells me next season Howland Reed will make his long awaited reappearance and he'll reveal John's lineage. It's the only way I believe Jon will truly believe it.

I'd love that too, but I see Littlefinger making it to the end of the series. Only the good die young on GOT.

You watching a different GOT then I am?

Watched it again last night. Bran/3ER scared the crap out of Littlefinger. Arya shocked Sansa with her fighting skills and list of names. And there's no doubt Dany is starting to look at Jon as more than a potential Warden of the North; she took his advice and used the dragon for a specific, targeted purpose -- not "castle burning and murdering."

So how does Jaime get that armor off with one arm? Interested to see how they save him; it's definitely too early for him to die -- there needs to be another Cersei/Jaime meeting/confrontation.

You watching a different GOT then I am?

Not a Joffrey or Ramsey fan?

So how does Jaime get that armor off with one arm? Interested to see how they save him; it's definitely too early for him to die -- there needs to be another Cersei/Jaime meeting/confrontation.

My guess is since Bronn doesn't wear much armor he'll save Jaime. I think they're captured by Dany and a Tyrion/Jaime/Bronn reunion will be interesting. Also, Jaime did kill Dany's father and tried to kill her and her dragon so I think Tyrion's diplomacy skills will be on full display.

Not a Joffrey or Ramsey fan?

My guess is since Bronn doesn't wear much armor he'll save Jaime. I think they're captured by Dany and a Tyrion/Jaime/Bronn reunion will be interesting. Also, Jaime did kill Dany's father and tried to kill her and her dragon so I think Tyrion's diplomacy skills will be on full display.

Or Tyrion will have the dothraki save them both, as he owes a life to both.

Just saw a headline on Yahoo related to Arya, and it made me think about another reunion that should happen soon; not with Jon, but the Hound, as he is heading north as well. It will be interesting to see how they both react, as he was really a surrogate father to her. Such a great show.

Just saw a headline on Yahoo related to Arya, and it made me think about another reunion that should happen soon; not with Jon, but the Hound, as he is heading north as well. It will be interesting to see how they both react, as he was really a surrogate father to her. Such a great show.

I'll be more interested in the hound and Sansa's reunion. His little bird.

So the gold made it safely but the food was destroyed by the attack at the end of the episode.

Both essential to hold out the winter and the war.

Yes, but the gold was the most essential to repay the iron band and hire more sellswords. Specifically, the Golden Company (at least 10,000 strong) Cersei referred to last episode and play a role in the books. I'm not sure about their food source, but all that gold should help them store some food. Cersei and Euron are still a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah but you need the food as well... they took a ton back from the war victory, all gone now.

(A subtlety that I picked up through reading "expert" reviews of the show.)

There is no food, the North is scrimping under Sansa to get supplies going (good for her!!)

Tyrion seemed very conflicted watching foreign invaders slaughtering the Westerosi.

He also appeared conflicted during the preview while Dany is asking a group to bend the knee.

I'm not sure what to make of this yet, but it's stuck in my head.

Tyrion seemed very conflicted watching foreign invaders slaughtering the Westerosi.

He also appeared conflicted during the preview while Dany is asking a group to bend the knee.

He's gonna end up killing his whole "family." His mom, his dad, Jaime, and Cersei.

Yes, but the gold was the most essential to repay the iron band and hire more sellswords. Specifically, the Golden Company (at least 10,000 strong) Cersei referred to last episode and play a role in the books. I'm not sure about their food source, but all that gold should help them store some food. Cersei and Euron are still a force to be reckoned with.

the Gold Company of a bunch of exiles Westerosies good luck keeping their loyalty.

It's too late to be introducing new "main" characters. Well they did add Dickon Tarley.

Well, when you watch your previous army burned alive it may shake you up a bit. My best guess of why he refuses to bend the knee because by swearing his allegiance to Dany (who he's just getting to know) would make him feel pressure to march the Northerners South to help fight Cersei. As he said, Northerners don't trust Southern Kings/Queens and for good reason.

the Gold Company of a bunch of exiles Westerosies good luck keeping their loyalty.

It's too late to be introducing new "main" characters. Well they did add Dickon Tarley.

Loyalty isn't required with sellswords. Money is.

Yeah but you need the food as well... they took a ton back from the war victory, all gone now.

(A subtlety that I picked up through reading "expert" reviews of the show.)

There is no food, the North is scrimping under Sansa to get supplies going (good for her!!)

It's an interesting point about the food but that goes for Daenerys as well. Dragonston is a horrible place for crop raising and live stock. Where's all this food coming from for Daenerys army? She can't stay there.

Stannis even commented on it that he was only there holding it for Robert.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

The quotes in your post are key :beer: Tyrion's no Lannister.

Tyrion's mother was Tywin's first cousin and therefore had a last name of Lannister before marrying Tywin. So even if that theory is correct, Tyrion still has Lannister blood in him.

The Arya / Brienne training session scene was my favorite of the series so far. It was very well choreographed and executed, and did a great job carrying everyone's emotions through the scene as the technical aspects played out. (It sure looked like Maisie Williams was performing all of the moves and having a great time!)

Crazy thought part one

So, do we know any sell swords in Essos? Oh wait. . . what if Daario Naharis can't resist, and comes to Westeros with the others mercenaries as a long shot to win Daenerys back?

Crazy thought part two

Assuming the above, Daario would of course try to kill Cersie if he got the chance. I could image "Second Son" being translated in prophecy to "Valonquar" (little brother in Valyrian).

I assume no one a has bet on Daario being the one to kill Cersei.

Inside the dragon-glass cave:

Jon: "My people won't accept a southern ruler. Not after everything they've suffered."

Dany: "They will, if their king does. They chose you to lead them. They chose you to protect them. Isn't their survival more important than your pride."

Jon Snow had the same conversation (even the exact same words) with Mance Rayder at Castle Black, trying to convince him to bend the knee to Stannis... before they burned Mance at the stake.

Edited by unbillievable

Inside the dragon-glass cave:

Jon: "My people won't accept a southern ruler. Not after everything they've suffered."

Dany: "They will, if their king does. They chose you to lead them. They chose you to protect them. Isn't their survival more important than your pride."

Jon Snow had the same conversation (even the exact same words) with Mance Rayder at Castle Black, trying to convince him to bend the knee to Stannis... before they burned Mance at the stake.

Yeah, but Jon wasn't in charge and didn't do the burning. Key difference.

Tyrion's mother was Tywin's first cousin and therefore had a last name of Lannister before marrying Tywin. So even if that theory is correct, Tyrion still has Lannister blood in him.

True. :beer:

The Arya / Brienne training session scene was my favorite of the series so far. It was very well choreographed and executed, and did a great job carrying everyone's emotions through the scene as the technical aspects played out. (It sure looked like Maisie Williams was performing all of the moves and having a great time!)

I have no idea how much of her own stunts she did for that scene, but I did read that she got so good spinning the dagger that she was the one suggesting that cool shot when she shows the dagger to Brienne. I'm assuming from that, she did a fair bit of those moves. And she did them left handed (which Arya is in the book but Williams is a righty in real life).