Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

My guesses, based on the books more than anything:

Euron Greyjoy and his dragon horn may nab one of them. He's really the x factor this season and I have a feeling Asha or Theon will somehow be taken captive by him.

I can't wait for this season as it's the hardest to predict. My biggest questions for me are

Will the wall fall this season and will Bran be to blame? The wall will fall at the end of the season, brought down by the Night King using the horn.

Will Jon learn who is father is and will it be Bran or an old Howland Reed who tells him? Bran will tell him, not sure when.

What's Littlefinger's long game and how much will Sansa be involved? Littlefinger will not survive this season, money is on Arya doing him in.

Will we have a Lannister sibling reunion and which brother completes Cercei's prophecy? I'm not sure on this one, I'd like to see Jamie end Cercei but who knows.

Will Brienne and Tormund hook up? Yes, please. :lol:

Will the Hound, Melisandre, Arya, and the Brotherhood without Banners form an alliance and to what purpose? Yes, after Jon is saved by Dondarrian and Jon realizes he's the Prince who was Promised.

If Cersei is killed can Jaime and the Lannister army form an alliance with Dany for the great war to come or will their be a major battle at King's Landing? I think both?

Is Gendry still rowing? :lol:

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what happens if the Night King does his raise the dead into an army trick at Winterfell. Do the Stark dead in the crypt come to life to fight for him? Will Ned's headless bones or Lyanna's rotting body be in fighting shape?

As for survivors, I expect only Tyrion to survive, (maybe Davos also?) with his Targaryan lineage made public, and he'll be made King.

The way I understand, Jon is already dead and being kept alive until his role is fulfilled.

Just like Ruth Bader Ginsberg

Will Jon learn who is father is and will it be Bran or an old Howland Reed who tells him?

Howland Reed will tell him. But only after he shags his Aunt Dany

What's Littlefinger's long game and how much will Sansa be involved?

Littlefinger's long game will get Sansa killed

Will we have a Lannister sibling reunion and which brother completes Cercei's prophecy?

Yes & Jaimie in an act of self sacrifice

Will Brienne and Tormund hook up?

I suspect Brienne is more likely to hook up with Asha

Will the Hound, Melisandre, Arya, and the Brotherhood without Banners form an alliance and to what purpose?

Arya will kill Melisandre

If Cersei is killed can Jaime and the Lannister army form an alliance with Dany for the great war to come or will their be a major battle at King's Landing?

No about Jaimie (see above) and yes there will be a major battle at Kings which will lead to Jamie killing Cersei

• 4 weeks later...

Targaryen blood

An answer to your spoiler

Gendry is Baratheon

I like this spoiler thing

An answer to your answer...

Robert Baratheon's grandmother, Rhaella, was a Targaryen that married Ormund Baratheon, father of Steffon Baratheon--Robert's dad

I think Tyrion's lineage may be up for debate still and he may actually not be a Lanister after all. Maybe that is really why his father treated him so bad and why the dragons didn't kill him when went to release them.

I don't think Gendry is coming back at all.

I think Tyrion's lineage may be up for debate still and he may actually not be a Lanister after all. Maybe that is really why his father treated him so bad and why the dragons didn't kill him when went to release them.

Possibly...my only hangup with that is that so much of the supposition regarding Tyrion's lineage is how Tywin treated him and said he wasn't his son...well, there's at least one instance in both the books and the show where Tywin specifically tells Tyrion "you're my son".

That has been my theory for a few seasons. My guess is the Mad King had a fling with Tywins wife.

Making Tyrion the half brother to Jaimie, Cersi, and Dany, half-uncle to Jon Snow and an illegitimate Targarian male, thus claimant to the throne

Possibly...my only hangup with that is that so much of the supposition regarding Tyrion's lineage is how Tywin treated him and said he wasn't his son...well, there's at least one instance in both the books and the show where Tywin specifically tells Tyrion "you're my son".

There is. And I'm on the fence like you are about Tyrion's lineage. I will say, based solely on the books, if he isn't a Lannister then it gets rid of his kin slayer curse in a pretty compelling way (he isn't a kin slayer if the guy he killed wasn't his real father). They just make such a big deal about that curse in the book (not as much, if at all, in the show) that it always made me suspicious that GRRM was setting that kind of reveal up.

I forget now because it's been a few years since I read it, but wasn't it the Hound (or the mountain) who was ordered to kill all the Targaryian children in the Red Keep? I can't remember the exact set up, but there was an opportunity for Tyrion to have been born a Targaryian and "swapped" into the Lannister line during the mad king's demise, wasn't there?

IIRC when Tyrion killed Tywin with a crossbow in the privy, Tywins final words were to the effect that Tyrion was no son of his.

Deep down even Tywin had a heart and loved his wife dearly. Any doubts as to the legitimacy of Tyrion was overshadowed by the love he had for what his wife left behind

IIRC when Tyrion killed Tywin with a crossbow in the privy, Tywins final words were to the effect that Tyrion was no son of his.

Deep down even Tywin had a heart and loved his wife dearly. Any doubts as to the legitimacy of Tyrion was overshadowed by the love he had for what his wife left behind

You've read about a different Tywin than me...

Anyway, he told Tyrion very plainly "you are my son" when he made him hand in his stead.

Also, GRRM gave a very measure response when asked by a reader who named Jon Snow...

5. Since all of their mothers died, who gave Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister their names?

Mothers can name a child before birth, or during, or after, even while they are dying. Dany was most like named by her mother, Tyrion by his father, Jon by Ned.

This quote was long used as evidence that Jon was not Ned's son, since GRRM didn't use the word "father" to describe Ned (we now know that this logic was sound). Tyrion, by contrast, was "named by his father"--Tywin.

one of my theories as well. the little monster gets to ride a big monster.

You've read about a different Tywin than me...

Anyway, he told Tyrion very plainly "you are my son" when he made him hand in his stead.

Also, GRRM gave a very measure response when asked by a reader who named Jon Snow...

5. Since all of their mothers died, who gave Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister their names?

Mothers can name a child before birth, or during, or after, even while they are dying. Dany was most like named by her mother, Tyrion by his father, Jon by Ned.

This quote was long used as evidence that Jon was not Ned's son, since GRRM didn't use the word "father" to describe Ned (we now know that this logic was sound). Tyrion, by contrast, was "named by his father"--Tywin.

Telling him he is his son .... so that he doesn't usurp the throne ??

As the only (known) male Targarian.

Tywin protected Tyrion the same as Ned protected Jon Snow.

I suppose anything's possible, but that seems a flimsy explanation at best based on what we know of Tywin...I'll also add that trying to have him killed by putting him at the head of a vanguard and later sentencing him to death doesn't exactly smack of protecting him.

IMO, the only way Tyrion survives if he's not Tywin's son is if Tywin didn't know about it.

I suppose anything's possible, but that seems a flimsy explanation at best based on what we know of Tywin...I'll also add that trying to have him killed by putting him at the head of a vanguard and later sentencing him to death doesn't exactly smack of protecting him.

That was as an adult after Tyrion was at political odds with Tywin.

I was speaking of protecting infant/child of the woman he loved from suffering the same fate as the Targarian children