Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome start and after that a typical table setting 1st episode to a season. Euron's "gift" for Cersei will either be Tyrion's head or a dragon (my bet's on the former since Tyrion was literally "The Gift" at the end of season 5). Hopefully Sansa will be a big enough help to keep Jon from following Ned's and Rob's fate. The Hound and Arya's moral compass seem to be going in the opposite direction. Also, it didn't take Sam long to find what he went there for.

Awesome start and after that a typical table setting 1st episode to a season. Euron's "gift" for Cersei will either be Tyrion's head or a dragon (my bet's on the former since Tyrion was literally "The Gift" at the end of season 5). Hopefully Sansa will be a big enough help to keep Jon from following Ned's and Rob's fate. The Hound and Arya's moral compass seem to be going in the opposite direction. Also, it didn't take Sam long to find what he went there for.

Absolutely. It also helps that Tyrion is with the rest of the people Euron wants to offer.

I want to see Arya Stark and Lyanna Mormont go toe-to-toe. I'm not sure which of them's the bigger badass.

They're both awesome characters, totally agree. Them in a scene together would be great TV.

I read somewhere that Euron has that special horn that controls dragons, Dragonbinder. The gift will be a dragon if that's true.

In the books, Euron used the Dragonbinder to help him win the kingsmoot. I can't remember where he got it form. If they were going to use that in the show, I think it would of been introduced by now but who knows. Tyrion's head is the most likely gift, but he could also be aiming for the head of the Queen of Thorns or the Sand Snakes (who killed Myrcella). I'd be more than happy to see him kill the Sand Snakes.

Shall We Begin

Good start to the season. Arya portraying Walder Frey at the feast. Awesome. Did she free Edmure Tulley?

Where are you going young lady. I'm off to kill the queen.

The Hound seeing into the flames. Kind of unexpected.

Lyanna Mormont is badass.

Tormund still wants Brienne bad.

Dragonstone being completely deserted seemed odd. Would have been nice to see at least one battle.

Cersei is her own worst enemy

At the Citadel Sam gagging cleaning chamber pots was funny as hell, and Sam was walking down the row collecting bowls (from the previews) Jorah Mormont sudden reach was somewhat expected. Looking for a cure locked in a cell.

In the books, Euron used the Dragonbinder to help him win the kingsmoot. I can't remember where he got it form. If they were going to use that in the show, I think it would of been introduced by now but who knows. Tyrion's head is the most likely gift, but he could also be aiming for the head of the Queen of Thorns or the Sand Snakes (who killed Myrcella). I'd be more than happy to see him kill the Sand Snakes.

We can forget the books as so much has changed.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

My Random thoughts on the most recent episode, DragonStone: SPOILERS!!!! (P.S. What do you click to hide spoilers? I never figured out how to do that.) I highlighted some of the names and subjects if you don't want to read all of my rant.

• What's with all the new black leathery outfits? It seems like everyone has them now. Cersei, Jaime, Arya, Sansa, John, Daeneryus, Tyrion etc. I get some of this is due to characters becoming more evil but seems like overkill.
  • Arya's scene is the beginning is the best. One question, I never thought of is she able to transform her body as well as her face? It seems she is just wearing a mask, so how can people not notice her change in size? Maybe it is just because Walder Fray is a smaller decrepit man. However, I think Walder would be at least 5 inches taller than Arya. Also, seems like a bunch of wino's considering everyone in the hall drinks the poison.
  • The Ed Sheeran appearance is brutal. Why even add him as a "cameo?" This just seems to distract from the overall atmosphere. I also can't remember any other pop celebrities being thrown in in the past.
  • Cool that the army of the dead has giants.
  • Jon Snow is truly noble like his dad in forgiving the traitors. However, this seems a little odd as he knows how hard it is for people to forgive after having their kings/lords/families taken away. (See Ollie)
  • I like Sansa putting LittleFinger in his place.
  • Euron acts just like a savage sailor. However, I don't agree Cersei is the most beautiful lady in all the land. Obviously he wants to marry her for power/alliance reasons.
  • The scene with Samwell Tarly cleaning up the chamber pots seems unnecessary and just thrown in for shock value. I get they want to show he is low on the totem pole and the job is tedious, but just throwing in all this *poop to disgust people is silly.
  • Sam's quest to find where dragon glass can found seems to be an easy one. Just sneaks in and finds the right book. I have a feeling he is going to get busted and booted from the Citadel.
  • I am pretty sure everyone caught it but the arm the reaches out for Samwell is obviously Jorah Mormont.
  • Dany's homecoming was too dramatic for me. It is supposed to be a powerful scene of her finally completing her quest to make it home with an army and take back the 7 kingdoms. Just was a little too long for me. Also, are there no remaining people there from when Stannis held the keep? No women and children? It seems like any castle is valuable and someone should be residing there.

Overall, the episode was a lot of setup for events later in the season. If you somehow never watched the show before and watched this episode I don't think you would buy into the series. Even being a fan and having watched the shows and read the books this episode was a bit of a drag for me.

Maybe I am too critical or was just in a bad mood when I watched last night. Seems like others loved it. (See the Forbes review)

Curious to hear others thoughts.

It's been a while since I've read the books and I had completely forgotten that Euron had Dragonbinder until I read a reference about it in an article. Given creative license, I don't think it's too late at all to introduce it at this juncture in the show.

Can it happen off-screen? I never want to see the Dornish Hens again.

You can't though. The showrunners are still working from GRRM's outline. Certain elements have changed, undoubtedly, but the main arcs are the same.

outline - Danny returns to Westeros, wipes out the Lanisters, Danny and John join forces to defeat the Night King.

everything else is free game.

Can it happen off-screen? I never want to see the Dornish Hens again.

the young one, Tyene is hot. the other 3 meh.

8.Rosabell-Laurenti-Sellers-1.jpg

[*]The Ed Sheeran appearance is brutal. Why even add him as a "cameo?" This just seems to distract from the overall atmosphere. I also can't remember any other pop celebrities being thrown in in the past.

Honestly, after recognizing him singing, I forgot he was in the scene after that.

What got me about that scene was their portrayal of the soldiers as a bunch of nice guys.

After escaping King's Landing, Arya's encounters with men in this world have been with the rough-and-rugged variety.

First time some men are taking her seriously, too.

Honestly, after recognizing him singing, I forgot he was in the scene after that.

What got me about that scene was their portrayal of the soldiers as a bunch of nice guys.

After escaping King's Landing, Arya's encounters with men in this world have been with the rough-and-rugged variety.

First time some men are taking her seriously, too.

Not so much "nice guys" as real soldiers. Not mindless drones fighting for their lord above all else - but boys who were forced from their homes to fight in rich men's wars hundreds of miles from their homes. It's the one part of war Arya never got to see, everything for her has been personal (for obvious reasons).

That she didn't kill them all (to me) shows her growth. She's learning more about how the world actually works.

[*]The scene with Samwell Tarly cleaning up the chamber pots seems unnecessary and just thrown in for shock value. I get they want to show he is low on the totem pole and the job is tedious, but just throwing in all this *poop to disgust people is silly.

Have to disagree with you here. I thought the Sam scene was Abit of unexpectedly well placed humor.

We've spent the last last year+ waiting for the return of GoT. Last season ended with epic battles, the launch of Danys Dragon fleet, and the big reveal of Jon Snows lineage

We were all expecting the season premiere to pick right back up with the epic story arc. It was nice to see them inject a little unexpected humor.