Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

So the gold made it safely but the food was destroyed by the attack at the end of the episode.

Both essential to hold out the winter and the war.

Yes, but the gold was the most essential to repay the iron band and hire more sellswords. Specifically, the Golden Company (at least 10,000 strong) Cersei referred to last episode and play a role in the books. I'm not sure about their food source, but all that gold should help them store some food. Cersei and Euron are still a force to be reckoned with.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but you need the food as well... they took a ton back from the war victory, all gone now.

(A subtlety that I picked up through reading "expert" reviews of the show.)

There is no food, the North is scrimping under Sansa to get supplies going (good for her!!)

Tyrion seemed very conflicted watching foreign invaders slaughtering the Westerosi.

He also appeared conflicted during the preview while Dany is asking a group to bend the knee.

I'm not sure what to make of this yet, but it's stuck in my head.

Tyrion seemed very conflicted watching foreign invaders slaughtering the Westerosi.

He also appeared conflicted during the preview while Dany is asking a group to bend the knee.

He's gonna end up killing his whole "family." His mom, his dad, Jaime, and Cersei.

Yes, but the gold was the most essential to repay the iron band and hire more sellswords. Specifically, the Golden Company (at least 10,000 strong) Cersei referred to last episode and play a role in the books. I'm not sure about their food source, but all that gold should help them store some food. Cersei and Euron are still a force to be reckoned with.

the Gold Company of a bunch of exiles Westerosies good luck keeping their loyalty.

It's too late to be introducing new "main" characters. Well they did add Dickon Tarley.

Well, when you watch your previous army burned alive it may shake you up a bit. My best guess of why he refuses to bend the knee because by swearing his allegiance to Dany (who he's just getting to know) would make him feel pressure to march the Northerners South to help fight Cersei. As he said, Northerners don't trust Southern Kings/Queens and for good reason.

the Gold Company of a bunch of exiles Westerosies good luck keeping their loyalty.

It's too late to be introducing new "main" characters. Well they did add Dickon Tarley.

Loyalty isn't required with sellswords. Money is.

Yeah but you need the food as well... they took a ton back from the war victory, all gone now.

(A subtlety that I picked up through reading "expert" reviews of the show.)

There is no food, the North is scrimping under Sansa to get supplies going (good for her!!)

It's an interesting point about the food but that goes for Daenerys as well. Dragonston is a horrible place for crop raising and live stock. Where's all this food coming from for Daenerys army? She can't stay there.

Stannis even commented on it that he was only there holding it for Robert.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

The quotes in your post are key :beer: Tyrion's no Lannister.

Tyrion's mother was Tywin's first cousin and therefore had a last name of Lannister before marrying Tywin. So even if that theory is correct, Tyrion still has Lannister blood in him.

The Arya / Brienne training session scene was my favorite of the series so far. It was very well choreographed and executed, and did a great job carrying everyone's emotions through the scene as the technical aspects played out. (It sure looked like Maisie Williams was performing all of the moves and having a great time!)

Crazy thought part one

So, do we know any sell swords in Essos? Oh wait. . . what if Daario Naharis can't resist, and comes to Westeros with the others mercenaries as a long shot to win Daenerys back?

Crazy thought part two

Assuming the above, Daario would of course try to kill Cersie if he got the chance. I could image "Second Son" being translated in prophecy to "Valonquar" (little brother in Valyrian).

I assume no one a has bet on Daario being the one to kill Cersei.

Inside the dragon-glass cave:

Jon: "My people won't accept a southern ruler. Not after everything they've suffered."

Dany: "They will, if their king does. They chose you to lead them. They chose you to protect them. Isn't their survival more important than your pride."

Jon Snow had the same conversation (even the exact same words) with Mance Rayder at Castle Black, trying to convince him to bend the knee to Stannis... before they burned Mance at the stake.

Edited by unbillievable

Inside the dragon-glass cave:

Jon: "My people won't accept a southern ruler. Not after everything they've suffered."

Dany: "They will, if their king does. They chose you to lead them. They chose you to protect them. Isn't their survival more important than your pride."

Jon Snow had the same conversation (even the exact same words) with Mance Rayder at Castle Black, trying to convince him to bend the knee to Stannis... before they burned Mance at the stake.

Yeah, but Jon wasn't in charge and didn't do the burning. Key difference.

Tyrion's mother was Tywin's first cousin and therefore had a last name of Lannister before marrying Tywin. So even if that theory is correct, Tyrion still has Lannister blood in him.

True. :beer:

The Arya / Brienne training session scene was my favorite of the series so far. It was very well choreographed and executed, and did a great job carrying everyone's emotions through the scene as the technical aspects played out. (It sure looked like Maisie Williams was performing all of the moves and having a great time!)

I have no idea how much of her own stunts she did for that scene, but I did read that she got so good spinning the dagger that she was the one suggesting that cool shot when she shows the dagger to Brienne. I'm assuming from that, she did a fair bit of those moves. And she did them left handed (which Arya is in the book but Williams is a righty in real life).