Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

Well, when you watch your previous army burned alive it may shake you up a bit. My best guess of why he refuses to bend the knee because by swearing his allegiance to Dany (who he's just getting to know) would make him feel pressure to march the Northerners South to help fight Cersei. As he said, Northerners don't trust Southern Kings/Queens and for good reason.

Loyalty isn't required with sellswords. Money is.

I think Tyrion betrays Dany. An article this morning jarred my memory about the Dany being betrayed three times (it's been four or five years now since I've read the books). One betrayal will be for love...Tyrion's love for his brother.

I didn't consider this angle until this past episode and the preview highlighted his internal conflict.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tyrion betrays Dany. An article this morning jarred my memory about the Dany being betrayed three times (it's been four or five years now since I've read the books). One betrayal will be for love...Tyrion's love for his brother.

I didn't consider this angle until this past episode and the preview highlighted his internal conflict.

I like it. That would certainly increase Tyrion's chance of ending up in the ground before all is said and done. That would be tough to see.

That's really interesting...he certainly looked conflicted watching the battle unfold.

I believe he says the gold has arrived and the tail of the army could not support the head if attacked, given the army is stretched so thin.

I'm in the camp thinking most of the army was destroyed. Hence Jaime's suicide charge.

Jamie saw the opening to kill Dani and end the war at one stroke. Thus the suicide charge.

trying to save Jamies life is not a betrayal. And Tyrion knows his only way to avoid assassins is to permanently eliminate his sister

It's shows an agonizing about his choices, which is a very big thing in TV dramas.

Arya is the perfectly formed assassin, through a half-dozen quirky and efficient teachers, she can now go blind and still fight, she will be killing off the list and then some.

trying to save Jamies life is not a betrayal. And Tyrion knows his only way to avoid assassins is to permanently eliminate his sister

It would depend on the circumstances. If Dany wants Jamie dead, Tyrion saving his brother's life would certainly be a betrayal.

I agree with your second point, but I've always thought that Jamie would be the one to finish Cersei. Tyrion could betray Dany (how or the extent of which is anyone's guess), align with Jamie, and the two of them could eliminate their sister: The stage is set with Jamie now knowing for certain that Tyrion did not poison Joffrey.

It would depend on the circumstances. If Dany wants Jamie dead, Tyrion saving his brother's life would certainly be a betrayal.

I agree with your second point, but I've always thought that Jamie would be the one to finish Cersei. Tyrion could betray Dany (how or the extent of which is anyone's guess), align with Jamie, and the two of them could eliminate their sister: The stage is set with Jamie now knowing for certain that Tyrion did not poison Joffrey.

Tyrion would beg that Jamie be sent to the Wall to serve with the Nights Watch.

Tyrion still did kill Tywin. How much love "Jamie had for his father" s another topic

Wasn't she already betrayed because of love?

220px-Jorah_Mormont-Iain_Glen.jpg

I remember her wrestling with the fact his betrayal didn't really fit. His betrayal was in no way motivated by love, nor did she ever love him.

Also, Martin is the king of sending readers down dead ends. With all the love interests Dany has had over the seasons, I think it would be fitting for the love betrayal to have a different meaning than one would expect.

Just a theory.

That's really interesting...he certainly looked conflicted watching the battle unfold.

SOMEONE is betraying Danny right now....I dont think its Tyron who would be dead if he tried to stick with family

I think his confliction was watching his fellow countrymen get snuffed out....which is gonna conflict everyone. Then he does love his brother but I get the sense the brother is going to change sides soon anyway.

It's an interesting theory, but convincing Tyrion to switch sides and bend the knee to Cersei would be like convincing the Goldman parents to pay for a welcome home party for OJ. I think Mormont was the love that betrayed her, but another theory I'll throw in there if that's not true is one of her dragon's betrays her by becoming a Wight.

It's an interesting theory, but convincing Tyrion to switch sides and bend the knee to Cersei would be like convincing the Goldman parents to pay for a welcome home party for OJ. I think Mormont was the love that betrayed her, but another theory I'll throw in there if that's not true is one of her dragon's betrays her by becoming a Wight.

Not a chance Tyrion bends the knee to Cersei... he's going to stick with his half sister Dagny and half brother Jon Snow 0:)

I don't think he bends the knee to Cersei. I think Jamie is the one to eventually end Cersei and Tyrion is involved somehow. I've also never really bought into the "Tyrion is Aerys Targaryen's son", although it fits nicely into the dragon rider angle so I could be wrong.

Not a chance Tyrion bends the knee to Cersei... he's going to stick with his half sister Dagny and half brother Jon Snow 0:)

Dany would be Jon Snow's aunt so if him and Dany fall in love before they find out Jon's half Targaryen that would be somewhat awkward.

I don't think he bends the knee to Cersei. I think Jamie is the one to eventually end Cersei and Tyrion is involved somehow. I've also never really bought into the "Tyrion is Aerys Targaryen's son", although it fits nicely into the dragon rider angle so I could be wrong.

I'm still 50/50 on that theory because the show doesn't go out of its way to offer hints like they did of Jon Snow's true parentage, but there are enough clues that he's possibly a Targaryen. As for Jaime, I don't see him turning on Cersei. Ever. He's going to die because of it.

Dany would be Jon Snow's aunt so if him and Dany fall in love before they find out Jon's half Targaryen that would be somewhat awkward.

When has that ever been a problem for a Targaryen?