There are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad that Ryan is gone. I can't pull for a team with that guy as coach. Biggest mistake in franchise history.

Ammended- tied with Greg Wlliams

Edited by Adam

I think that it's those that don't like the Bills and those that like the Bills less.

There are people here that are "fans" but haven't ever said 1 positive word about them. There is some good and some bad (which is why they've been right around .500 lately). I really wish people could objectively discuss but that won't happen.

I actually disagree and I'll tell you why. The objective positive truths are not as worth discussing. Things like opinions on team direction are much more rewarding, especially with intelligent discourse.

Bottom line, a guy like BADOL making bold predictions about Shady going down the drain provided a much more fun dialogue than 3 folks all predicting Sammy has 1200 yards and 10 TD's.

Someone needs to be the straw that stirs the drink, so to speak.

real fans

loser fans

bandwagon fans

special snowflake fans

kool aide drinking fans

fans questioning fans fanhood

Thanks for the shrimp rundown, Benjamin Buford Blue

“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.”

I actually disagree and I'll tell you why. The objective positive truths are not as worth discussing. Things like opinions on team direction are much more rewarding, especially with intelligent discourse.

Bottom line, a guy like BADOL making bold predictions about Shady going down the drain provided a much more fun dialogue than 3 folks all predicting Sammy has 1200 yards and 10 TD's.

Don't sell yourself short, we were all very excited about your objective "insider" info (instagram) that Shady was absolutely not going to be on this team this year.

I look at it like Pro-Bills and Pro-Winning.

Pro-Bills folks put their emphasis on loving the Bills in their current incarnation at all times, virtually no matter what. Pro-Winning put their emphasis on the Bills winning even if it would mean major change to the current incarnation.

Do the Pro-Bills group want to see them win, of course, but they put more emphasis on their love for the team. Do the Pro-Winning people love the Bills, of course, but they put more emphasis on seeing them become a winner.

I've largely steered clear of this forum because of the extreme positions so many hold. But I love this post, I think it captures the two largest parts of the fan spectrum.

(BTW: disagree with the OP post but love the topic)

My only add would be that I think it's a continuum that stretches past these two very logical points into some extreme positions that people voice on this forum at times. Where the Pro-winning crowd go off into a very pessimistic and dark place and hate every decision the Bills make and where the Pro-Bills crowd become milk toast kool aid drinkers and love everything

For me, I am definitely in the Pro-winning, but still love the Bills category.

I do find myself at times being too pessimistic, when I do, I just stay away (which I largely have the past 2 years).

....at the end of the day and in spite of a 17 year drought, The Hat is filled every Sunday.......is there another rabid, supportive fan base in the NFL that would "dare to compare"?.....and Bflo doesn't need to borrow any of Jax's "hefty bags" for a sell out either.......

For me, I am definitely in the Pro-winning, but still love the Bills category.

Which ingredient in the Doug Whaley secret recipe for winning do you find yourself most aligned with, the players or the winning?

I guess that I like having a crazy uncle too. It's fun for a little while but it's exhausting. I prefer to talk to the normal members of my family for longer periods of time.

OK,thanks. But these threads are seriously going to destroy this thread. This is why BBMB was terrible.

This has been occurring over time as the "here is my idea LAMP" posts become yuge. But, the BBMB'ers really put this in to high speed and going to make it a train wreck.

No, this post doesn't add to the thread. But it will add to the quality of the board if we simply up our quality of posting.

Just stop this. Please

This

This is my Dad. He hasn't missed a single play in the entire history of the franchise. Equally, not a single play ever met with his satisfaction. He grumbles 100% of time, while never leaving his radio or TV. I guess its how some people deal with it.

My biggest issue with this board are crusaders. Posting in virtually every thread, regardless of the topic, to spew their hate over a particular player, coach or GM. Nauseating.

Amen to that!

Also, I get being frustrated, but his is a new time with a new owner and a new staff. In my mind the clock didn't start 17 years ago (despite the drought), but when the new owners took over.

I hope the trade back in round one was part of a bigger plan to acquire ammo for the next draft, in case there is a QB they really believe in. Drafting another EJ or JP is a silly waste. Go all in on the guy you really feel good about.

So, If I had to put us into two categories, I'd say:

1) the people who want to win and know the team is doing everything in their power, but have made some bad decisions. Hope for the best with the new owners and staff, but know it's not worth blowing a gasket over.

2) The people who think they are entitled to answers and info because they have invested financially (but less than $1.4 Billion) and emotionally, along with the people who think they actually know more than the imperfect front office. You know, those people who think their opinion is actually a fact.

Which ingredient in the Doug Whaley secret recipe for winning do you find yourself most aligned with, the players or the winning?

Obviously (thanks Marrone) you have to have both. He was very clear. He said in order to win, you have to have TWO things:.

1. A 1st round quarterback from a class where none should go before the first round

2. a receiver you jump for in the deepest receiver class in 10 years. And

C. winning. Because humans weren't made for winning in Buffalo without a quarterback.

4. And following the process.

Edited by timekills17

Obviously (thanks Marrone) you have to have both. He was very clear. He said in order to win, you have to have TWO things:.

1. A 1st round quarterback from a class where none should go before the first round

2. a receiver you jump for in the deepest receiver class in 10 years. And

C. winning. Because humans weren't made for winning in Buffalo without a quarterback.

4. And following the process.

Are there years when QBs can go before the first round? I can't imagine that the league would allow it. It would throw the whole tiered rookie contract structure out of whack.

Amen to that!

Also, I get being frustrated, but his is a new time with a new owner and a new staff. In my mind the clock didn't start 17 years ago (despite the drought), but when the new owners took over.

...look at the last 17 years of the drought prognostications..13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, "playoffs", "SB" etc have ALL focused on the roster.......hardly any threads about the FO/Administration/Coaching Staff (sure there were some) but the focal point principally has been the "roster"..Management 101 says " an organization takes on the characteristics of its leader(s)" which certainly seems to be Pegula's focus...since Polian, OBD has been the epitome of Patchwork 101 with people in positions NOT qualified for, people beyond their time calling shots, etc....you can fill in the blanks with names, dates & purported roles....Beane/McD are young gun FOOTBALL people and wise choices to lead this club....together they will round out the scout/personnel staff and at least structurally, this organization is back to a real deal football structure....the "on field product"?......stay tuned.....

There's 2 types of fans..........

1) fans that follow blindly to every word that comes out of OBD and treats it as gospel truth, no matter the shenanigans or unrealistic jibber jabber of an almost cult-like status

2) realistic fans

We all fall into one of these categories...........which one are you?

...look at the last 17 years of the drought prognostications..13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, "playoffs", "SB" etc have ALL focused on the roster.......hardly any threads about the FO/Administration/Coaching Staff (sure there were some) but the focal point principally has been the "roster"..Management 101 says " an organization takes on the characteristics of its leader(s)" which certainly seems to be Pegula's focus...since Polian, OBD has been the epitome of Patchwork 101 with people in positions NOT qualified for, people beyond their time calling shots, etc....you can fill in the blanks with names, dates & purported roles....Beane/McD are young gun FOOTBALL people and wise choices to lead this club....together they will round out the scout/personnel staff and at least structurally, this organization is back to a real deal football structure....the "on field product"?......stay tuned.....

I agree. While I generally liked Whaley (I think he had a knack for finding gems), I'm not upset to see him go. Feeling that there is a clear structure starting at the top will make me feel better. I think Russ is good at the marketing part, and couldn't care less either way on Overdorf. But whatever they do, I realize it's not MY decision to make, and I have to learn to live with it, find a way to cope, or walk away.

I love intelligent, open discussion about weaknesses. That's healthy. But having a public tantrum is childish. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but know because that's what YOU think, others don't have to follow......no matter how often you say it. Some will be right in the end, and some will be wrong. Move on.

Are there years when QBs can go before the first round? I can't imagine that the league would allow it. It would throw the whole tiered rookie contract structure out of whack.

Damnit.

It's hard to be funny, but it's even funnier to be hard.

I agree. While I generally liked Whaley (I think he had a knack for finding gems), I'm not upset to see him go. Feeling that there is a clear structure starting at the top will make me feel better.

I also generally liked Whaley and was curious to see if his seeming inability to implement a plan came from the fact that he was never working with a coach of his choosing and was in constant retooling mode to fit the scheme changes, which was what I postulated, or if it was a lack of vision. McDermott is now getting the chance that Whaley never did, a unified coaching staff and GM.

That being said, I'm optimistic. As OTAFLG says, these are young gun FOOTBALL people, and their hire has been widely lauded throughout the league. I'm expecting a Jason Garrett-like timeline for improvement, though, so I hope TP gives McBeane the time to succeed and doesn't continue the recently established 2 year hook trend. I suspect, given that he now appears to be looking for a "type" that he is comfortable working with based on the common attributes of McD, Beane, and Botterill, that he'll be more patient if his teams are perceived as less of a clownshow.

OK,thanks. But these threads are seriously going to destroy this thread. This is why BBMB was terrible.

This has been occurring over time as the "here is my idea LAMP" posts become yuge. But, the BBMB'ers really put this in to high speed and going to make it a train wreck.

No, this post doesn't add to the thread. But it will add to the quality of the board if we simply up our quality of posting.

Just stop this. Please

I've upped my quality, now up yours!

To the OP's point, I'm in the group of Fan's (sic) that want to win. But we've had 2 winning seasons in 17 years. It's hard for any of us to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt when it comes to winning, because they've proven time and again they don't know how. Maybe it's turning around, but maybe McDespott is the next Maroon. I'm in wait and see mode until the Bills prove otherwise.

I agree. While I generally liked Whaley (I think he had a knack for finding gems), I'm not upset to see him go. Feeling that there is a clear structure starting at the top will make me feel better. I think Russ is good at the marketing part, and couldn't care less either way on Overdorf. But whatever they do, I realize it's not MY decision to make, and I have to learn to live with it, find a way to cope, or walk away.

I love intelligent, open discussion about weaknesses. That's healthy. But having a public tantrum is childish. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but know because that's what YOU think, others don't have to follow......no matter how often you say it. Some will be right in the end, and some will be wrong. Move on.

....I think Whaley did a good job building the defense into a top 5 and Schwartz did a good job adjusting his scheme to fit the personnel (way it should be).....I'd bet the incoming Train Wrecks undoing Whaley's work pretty much overnight soured him overall.....cannot blame him and I'd be pissed too with Blowhard Buddy II taking the "D" to #19...bigger ain't better....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

To me, there are two types of Bills fans @ Two Bills Drive:

Those that were her before March 2, 2017 and those who came after.

can you elaborate?

I bet some would of liked to keep this little ole place to their little ole selves. I understand some (the before 2 march 2017) have shown to be annoying but there are a few established members here that are equal or even worse.

can you elaborate?

I bet some would of liked to keep this little ole place to their little ole selves. I understand some (the before 2 march 2017) have shown to be annoying but there are a few established members here that are equal or even worse.

But its like having a crazy aunt or uncle,you have known them longer so those those annoying traits are easier to tolerate than with the new crazy neighbor.;)

Just stop this. Please

THANK YOU!!!!

Oh look it's a thread by a Bills fan complaining about other Bills fans... <_<

Or as I like to call them, the reason I come around here a lot less these days...

It's just garbage... B-)

The Chocolate Nutty Caramel ones?

Or the slimy leach infested ones?

Both, actually.

Now I want a turtle sundae. Hold the slime.

I'm beginning to think you more than just like turtles.

The way I see it there are two types of turtle people. Those that like turtles and those who want to own a turtle.

I have one. His name is Mr. T. He pitys you.

I'm beginning to think you more than just like turtles.

The way I see it there are two types of turtle people. Those that like turtles and those who want to own a turtle.

What about Richard Smehlik, who used to think he was a turtle.

I like turtles.

Omg me too.

Both, actually.

Now I want a turtle sundae. Hold the slime.

I have one. His name is Mr. T. He pitys you.

... and he hates airplanes. I'm pretty sure all turtles hate planes.

League is geared to reward a great QB. So basically you need to have one of those. Even the Andy Dalton types aren't getting it done....so hopefully either TT turns out to be Russell Wilson and the problem goes away, or they lose a bunch this year without looking too terrible and draft a guy next year.... really a weird spot right now. no one wants it to get to 18 , but it kind of has to in order to get a QB in the draft... weird..