Whatever happened to? Once famous people no longer famous

dpberr

My two candidates:

The Dixie Chicks: Heard one of their more famous songs in a restaurant the other night. They have completely disappeared. What happened? Did their protest of the Iraq War really kill their careers?

Elisabeth Shue: Saw the Saint was on television the other night. The 1997 film had Val Kilmer in it and she was probably at the height of her fame in the late 90s but I haven't seen her in anything in probably 20 years.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hartnett is another good mystery.

As for Tom Sizemore, I only know that he's had significant substance abuse issues. I recall they led to his tv series Robbery/Homicide being cancelled prematurely.

Edited by dpberr

My two candidates:

The Dixie Chicks: Heard one of their more famous songs in a restaurant the other night. They have completely disappeared. What happened? Did their protest of the Iraq War really kill their careers?

Elisabeth Shue: Saw the Saint was on television the other night. The 1997 film had Val Kilmer in it and she was probably at the height of her fame in the late 90s but I haven't seen her in anything in probably 20 years.

"Piranha 3D" from 2010.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464154/

Edited by Mark Vader

Josh Hartnett

Tom Sizemore

Don't hear much about Ashton Pitcher these days.

Hartnett is another good mystery.

As for Tom Sizemore, I only know that he's had significant substance abuse issues. I recall they led to his tv series Robbery/Homicide being cancelled prematurely.

Josh Hartnett's potential stardom has definitely faded.

The most notable thing he has done recently is being a part of the Showtime series "Penny Dreadful".

He is on a Netflix series with Sam Elliot called "The Ranch"

A few beers and or a smoke and it's a decent show.

He also spoke to congress a month or two back about modern slavery. Did quite well.

Josh Hartnett's potential stardom has definitely faded.

The most notable thing he has done recently is being a part of the Showtime series "Penny Dreadful".

I actually like Hartnett. Mostly does bad movies, but I'm usually impressed with his acting.

He also spoke to congress a month or two back about modern slavery. Did quite well.

I actually like Hartnett. Mostly does bad movies, but I'm usually impressed with his acting.

I really like "Wicker Park". Hartnett & Rose Byrne are both very good in that movie.

My two candidates:

Never got the Elisabeth Shue hype. Average actress at best and was only marginally cute in that un-sexy girl-next-door '80s kinda way.

The Amazing Kreskin. Is he still around?

Man, i loved that dude on TV growing up, and even saw him live on my college campus in the early 80's.

Too funny, found the review in my college newspaper from 1982!

http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/srurocket/id/3931

BTW, dude still alive , living in Jersey, appears he was a regular on Stern

Edited by plenzmd1

Eric Roberts. Guy was big in the 80's and a better actor then his sister.

I liked Christopher Nolan's approach in the Batman movies bringing back people you haven't seen in ages, one in each movie. Rutger Hauer, Eric Roberts, and then Matthew Modine.

Josh Hartnett

Tom Sizemore

Don't hear much about Ashton Pitcher these days.

Tom Sizemore appeared in a couple of episodes of Hawaii 5-0 last season as a detective.

Demi Moore

Ally Sheedy

Pamala Anderson

Arsenio Hall

Eric Roberts. Guy was big in the 80's and a better actor then his sister.

He seems to be doing a lot of work (for better or worse) the C grade TV movie circuit lately - Lifetime and WWE-Produced movies.

Tom Sizemore appeared in a couple of episodes of Hawaii 5-0 last season as a detective.

Demi Moore

Ally Sheedy

Pamala Anderson

Arsenio Hall

I think people in Hollywood came to their senses and realized how limited in talent Demi Moore really is. If only they could have figured that out with Julia Roberts & Sandra Bullock as well.

Ally Sheedy went the Independent film route and found more success there.

Never got the Elisabeth Shue hype. Average actress at best and was only marginally cute in that un-sexy girl-next-door '80s kinda way.

Can't say I did either. IMO, she seemed to have an uneven career. I forgot that she was on CSI for a couple seasons before it ended. It appears she will be in the Death Wish remake.

Yes, they are remaking Death Wish.

He seems to be doing a lot of work (for better or worse) the C grade TV movie circuit lately - Lifetime and WWE-Produced movies.

I saw a great Lifetimer with him and Anne Heche. True story about a cop who fell in love with a woman he met online. Great flick.

I think people in Hollywood came to their senses and realized how limited in talent Demi Moore really is. If only they could have figured that out with Julia Roberts & Sandra Bullock as well.

Ally Sheedy is also still smoking hot.

My two candidates:

no they didn't. they're still touring and making tons. tickets sell high. the chicks love the concert. they're terrible in concert, though. literally, the worst concert i've ever seen. and that was away from the whole feminist bull **** they spewed.

The Dixie Chicks were in Buffalo last fall. It was an awesome show. The girls can play!

god they were awful in september

Can't say I did either. IMO, she seemed to have an uneven career. I forgot that she was on CSI for a couple seasons before it ended. It appears she will be in the Death Wish remake.

I'll take "Thing That Should Stay in the '70s" for $400, Alex.

Matthew Modine.

VISION QUEST!

i liked bronson in death hunt.

it was just on the other night, great movie

Julia Roberts is the worst in every way. Unwatchable.

And while Sandra exclusively makes dumb movies, she's at least kinda funny in some of her rom-com roles and can sometimes look hot.

no they didn't. they're still touring and making tons. tickets sell high. the chicks love the concert. they're terrible in concert, though. literally, the worst concert i've ever seen. and that was away from the whole feminist bull **** they spewed.

god they were awful in september

To each his own. They were fantastic downtown. Edited by gomper

To each his own. They were fantastic downtown.

i enjoyed the flat ronnie.

they did an encore, as expected, and brought out an entire tranny band. it was too much. half the crowd left at that point.